Risingfire

Could be more likely from carbon monoxide in smoke did he mention smoking or isolated nicotine
I don’t think it’s entirely clear based on the quote if he was referring to nicotine or snus with nicotine. This is from the Ray Peat Depository:

Smoking/Nicotine
[Snus] In old people, a little nicotine can have a balancing effect, improving alertness, and probably protecting nerves, for example in the negative association with Parkinson's disease. But in younger people, its vasoconstrictive effect tends to promote the development of wrinkles in the skin, and I think it's likely to contribute to periodontal disease.

RobertJM

I've started using TT again and am noticing random erections/easier erections, almost like when I was in my teens. I like it....I hope I don't lose hair for this erection thing o_O

Which one are you using brother

Inaut

@RobertJM Purebulk Tribulus Extract 40% saps I think. I’ve got a pound of it so might as well feed the demon :)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut
To maximize TT's cortisol lowering effects, when is the best time to take it? When highest in the morning? Or before bed if I'm having sleep disturbances(likely due to my caloric deficit)?

I don't know if there is optimal time for taking it but if it is causing sleep issues then I'd obviously try to take earlier in the day.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've read that Ray said nicotine causes the formation of wrinkles. If I chewed two pieces of 2mg gum for a few months, do you think that may be a concern?

It looks like this is a question for him, not me. I can only say what should work for inhibiting 3a-HSD.

Ron J

I don't know if there is optimal time for taking it but if it is causing sleep issues then I'd obviously try to take earlier in the day.
What I meant is if I'd get better results from TT by using it to lower cortisol at its highest peak(In the morning right?) or to improve sleep at night. I haven't used it yet, so I don't know if it'll improve sleep by much.

Inaut

I’m testing out TT first thing in the morning before my OJ.

Day 1

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What I meant is if I'd get better results from TT by using it to lower cortisol at its highest peak(In the morning right?) or to improve sleep at night. I haven't used it yet, so I don't know if it'll improve sleep by much.

I don't know, as I said there is no evidence that using during specific times is somehow superior/inferior. So, you'd have to try and find out if there is a difference.

Cameron

@haidut this is slightly off topic but couple podcasts ago I believe Danny said he was getting dht powder from Texas to Mexico? Is there some way of obtaining dht powder now in the states for research since he did mention Texas ? Or did I miss hear something a mg or 2 of dht seems very reasonable to research with I’m sure clear effects right off the bat

Cameron

Doubt it’s likely to get a prescription for dht to use in such a way as in most doctors would try to tell me it will make me go bald and die from prostate enlargement and I should go vegan lol

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut this is slightly off topic but couple podcasts ago I believe Danny said he was getting dht powder from Texas to Mexico? Is there some way of obtaining dht powder now in the states for research since he did mention Texas ? Or did I miss hear something a mg or 2 of dht seems very reasonable to research with I’m sure clear effects right off the bat

Doubt it is possible to get any controlled steroid for research from a US vendor. DHT is considered an AAS and as such controlled by both FDA and DEA. Given that it is a criminalized and controlled like a substance with abuse potential (hence DEA involvement) all US vendors are required to verify that the buyer is a DEA-licensed facility or individual (e.g. a doctor with prescription power). The ability to buy/sell chemicals for research purposes applies only to chemicals that are not "controlled". Thyroid, cyproheptadine, etc are not considered "controlled" and DEA is not involved in their enforcement/regulation, only FDA. Steroids like DHT are "controlled", and are pretty much the same as heroin as far as DEA is concerned.
I would ask Danny as my information is that DHT is next to impossible to obtain legally in the USA, even if your doctor is OK with it because FDA has not really approved DHT for treatment of any names condition other than micropenis and (maybe) gyno.

Vinny

Vinny

How are you doing with TT i'm taking 1 gram first thing in the morning too. I feel extra energy and my allergy is better after the dose.
I was only considering taking it, but two guys reported hair loss on it, so i,ll be collecting more info before try it. Generally, it,s a very promising thing.

Inaut

I can’t contribute this solely to Tribulus but I’m attracting women quite easily lately. Dopamine is high so I think that’s a big part of it but Tribulus has an effect on my libido.

First thing in the morning is best. I take it with ginger and cinnamon. Maybe I shouldn’t mix them but

ShotTrue

I can’t contribute this solely to Tribulus but I’m attracting women quite easily lately. Dopamine is high so I think that’s a big part of it but Tribulus has an effect on my libido.

First thing in the morning is best. I take it with ginger and cinnamon. Maybe I shouldn’t mix them but
Nice updates :grinning:

Do you note a more pronounced rise in Dopamine after eating protein, than before? , i kind of feel it.

Inaut

Good question. I’ve just recently re added casein protein with milk into my routine. Will take notes.

Risingfire

It looks like this is a question for him, not me. I can only say what should work for inhibiting 3a-HSD.
Thank you!

Here is Ray's response to me asking if nicotine gum would cause the formation of wrinkles:

"Other things in the smoke do much worse things, but the nicotine itself seems to accelerate tissue aging by causing vasoconstriction."

Momado965

Doubt it is possible to get any controlled steroid for research from a US vendor. DHT is considered an AAS and as such controlled by both FDA and DEA. Given that it is a criminalized and controlled like a substance with abuse potential (hence DEA involvement) all US vendors are required to verify that the buyer is a DEA-licensed facility or individual (e.g. a doctor with prescription power). The ability to buy/sell chemicals for research purposes applies only to chemicals that are not "controlled". Thyroid, cyproheptadine, etc are not considered "controlled" and DEA is not involved in their enforcement/regulation, only FDA. Steroids like DHT are "controlled", and are pretty much the same as heroin as far as DEA is concerned.
I would ask Danny as my information is that DHT is next to impossible to obtain legally in the USA, even if your doctor is OK with it because FDA has not really approved DHT for treatment of any names condition other than micropenis and (maybe) gyno.

What about dht or any steroids along with herbs from chinese vendors on ali baba? Many of those chinese companies sell to eastern and western europe and america. Their sales are sometime 20-30% to each one of those.