Slaspa

Yes, I did.

I had estrogen dominance state, so that's why I focused on lowering it with 11-keto, Androsterone and Gonadin.

As it's obvious - it worked.

I also raised my progesterone levels from border low to border high during period between two blood tests - July and December.

Testosterone was 30% lower in July.

Reasoning why it's still low is, as I assume, still low thyroid.

Everything else is more or less in order.

So, I'll focus on improving thyroid in following months and see if Testosterone starts to rise correspondingly, while be on guard with estrogen symptoms.

About high DHEA and lowish test...

I've read somewhere on this forum that if someone is hypothyroid - DHEA won't transfer to testosterone as much.

So, another reason to focus on thyroid.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190103_192447.jpg
    Screenshot_20190103_192447.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20190103_192416.jpg
    Screenshot_20190103_192416.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 67

Andman

Well thats interesting! Thanks again for posting your labs. So whats the plan going forward? Will you stay on the Trib/Andro/11-Keto and add T3/T4?

Slaspa

Yes, plan on staying on TT, 11-keto without extra Androsterone for now.

I feel like Androsterone is better as an AI, but 11-keto as more of an androgen - if that makes sense.

My estrogen is low, so no need for to much Androsterone.

DHT is also high, as is progesterone - so both should be protective towards estrogen increase. Such a high DHT is probably stopping testosterone to rise, so no reason to increase it any further.

I've already added T4/T3, 3 drops Tyromix daily.

I'll retest a few hormones in about 2 months and see if and what changed.

Androsterone will be added as needed - if happens that estrogen rises to fast or experience some high adrenaline effects (it helps me with lowering adrenaline also).

Andman

By the way, andro by itself has some similar effects to thyroid, ill see if i can dig up the thread with more details.

Also, would you mind sharing the TT product youve been using? im sure a few guys would be interested to repeat your experiment!

RisingSun

By the way, andro by itself has some similar effects to thyroid, ill see if i can dig up the thread with more details.

Also, would you mind sharing the TT product youve been using? im sure a few guys would be interested to repeat your experiment!

He said the brand is not Tribestan, so most likely he is using Barlowe's Herbal Elixirs. Not that many brands standardize tribulus to 40% protodioscin

Teres

In my country, Bulgaria, the herb is also called grandma's teeth. I don't know why. Nobody does. But where I grew up, the herb was no less common than the grass. It was everywhere. Wherever you set your gaze at, it's there, you see it. The animals in rural areas eat it too. It was the only kind of tea I regularly drank (in liters weekly) during the first ten years of my life. My grandmother used to prepare it for me all the time with honey. She also used it along with biscuits and cheese to make me sops, instead of milk. The dark brown bitter liquid with grams of sugar did lit my brain every morning.

A.R

In my country, Bulgaria, the herb is also called grandma's teeth. I don't know why. Nobody does. But where I grew up, the herb was no less common than the grass. It was everywhere. Wherever you set your gaze at, it's there, you see it. The animals in rural areas eat it too. It was the only kind of tea I regularly drank (in liters weekly) during the first ten years of my life. My grandmother used to prepare it for me all the time with honey. She also used it along with biscuits and cheese to make me sops, instead of milk. The dark brown bitter liquid with grams of sugar did lit my brain every morning.
So in your opinion is it something good or bad?

Frankdee20

Anyone ever use Barlowes brand herbs ? There’s no excipients, and they often have Certificate of Analysis. However, very few ratings on Amazon. They make a Tribulus, Horny Goat Weed, and Tongkat Ali product.

Mossy

Anyone ever use Barlowes brand herbs ? There’s no excipients, and they often have Certificate of Analysis. However, very few ratings on Amazon. They make a Tribulus, Horny Goat Weed, and Tongkat Ali product.
I’ve been looking on Amazon the last few days, and potency-wise, I don’t think anything matches the Badmonkey link Haidut provided. That brand has a greater % protodioscin (minimum of 50%) and claims a greater standardiazation (98%). If accurate, this would allow a slightly lower dose. For 50 grams, it’s $15, plus $6.65 shipping. So, both price and potency are better than Barlowes.

If you’re on a budget, something worth mentioning, is that you can get a much cheaper, zero additional ingredients powder, with Nutricost—but, it’s only 40% standardized, and no mention of protodioscin content. But, some reviewers like it.

For reference, I’m trying the Source Naturals brand, but it’s loaded with excipients and extras. Also, not very potent.

Frankdee20

I’ve been looking on Amazon the last few days, and potency-wise, I don’t think anything matches the Badmonkey link Haidut provided. That brand has a greater % protodioscin (minimum of 50%) and claims a greater standardiazation (98%). If accurate, this would allow a slightly lower dose. For 50 grams, it’s $15, plus $6.65 shipping. So, both price and potency are better than Barlowes.

If you’re on a budget, something worth mentioning, is that you can get a much cheaper, zero additional ingredients powder, with Nutricost—but, it’s only 40% standardized, and no mention of protodioscin content. But, some reviewers like it.

For reference, I’m trying the Source Naturals brand, but it’s loaded with excipients and extras. Also, not very potent.

Hey thanks, yeah Source Naturals is notorious with that excipients stuff.

RobertJM

Anyone had a go at making a more potent tincture from a decent powdered extract ? I’m gonna give it a try when mine arrives (with the high strength vodka proof).

Any links to easy to follow recipes for this? I’m going to search on YouTube.

Last edited:

RisingSun

BadMonkeysBotanicals has the worst reviews any supplement website can ever get on an insane amount of forums.

I wouldn't touch them with a stick, both for the absent customer service and the questionable quality.

Haven't tried them, only speaking from the humongous amount of dissing they receive.

High_Prob

BadMonkeysBotanicals has the worst reviews any supplement website can ever get on an insane amount of forums.

I wouldn't touch them with a stick, both for the absent customer service and the questionable quality.

Haven't tried them, only speaking from the humongous amount of dissing they receive.

@RisingSun have you seen any reviews, good and/or bad, for Barlowe's?

cats

The Allmax brand has a product that is standardized for 90% saponins.

Mossy

I did not see any reviews on their website, and was not aware of reviews being available. I was going solely off of their claimed percentages, for the sake of product comparisons. Thanks for the warning.

Considering some of the lesser claimed potency products, such as Nutricost, have good reviews, I think there could be value to these. Granted, they have no claim to having protodioscins, but they are helping some people, and they have zero extra ingredients. The only bad reviews are based on taste--hence, an improper review, which has nothing to do with effectiveness.

Frankdee20

@RisingSun have you seen any reviews, good and/or bad, for Barlowe's?

Barlowes has reviews on Amazon, but far and few between. That’s not just for their Tribulus product, many of their herbs are scarcely reviewed on Amazon. For the most part, they seem to fare about three and a half stars of five. That is not to say the company sucks. Perhaps nobody wants to spend the 7 dollars in shipping (seems like the only vendor selling it on Amazon offers only that). The rest of the Tribulus or Tongkat or Icariin products on Amazon are mostly junk, or part of Testosterone Boosting Formulations. I don’t know about you, but I’d rather buy Barlowes than say, NOW foods Tongkat.

ubiety

Some notes on my experiences with Barlowes - been buying several supps from him for awhile now because I like their potency and no crap added. I have no financial affiliation with him.
I recently started his TT, but so far haven't noticed a big difference between that and the NOW that I used before - both give me good workout recovery. No difference in EQ with it.
I tried Cistanche from Badmonkey because Barlowes was out of it at the time I ordered, and so far it doesn't give me any of the improved mental clarity or libido effect that the Barlowes does. I'm going to try boosting the dose.
I also use Nettle Root, HGW, Tongkat, and a few others from Barlowes.

Last edited:

Frankdee20

Some notes on my experiences with Barlowes - been buying several supps from him for awhile now because I like their potency and no crap added. I have no financial affiliation with him.
I recently started his TT, but so far haven't noticed a big difference between that and the NOW that I used before - both give me good workout recovery. No difference in EQ with it.
I tried Cistanche from Badmonkey because Barlowes was out of it at the time I ordered, and so far it doesn't give me any of the improved mental clarity or libido effect that the Barlowes does. I'm going to try boosting the dose.
I also use Nettle Root, HGW, Tongkat, and a few others from Barlowes.

Can erection quality be effected more by Horny Goat Weed Icariin, slash Nitric Oxide Boosters ? Rather than stuff purported to raise T ? I’m not convinced these herbs raise T anyway

vulture

Can erection quality be effected more by Horny Goat Weed Icariin, slash Nitric Oxide Boosters ? Rather than stuff purported to raise T ? I’m not convinced these herbs raise T anyway
That’s why I ask for labs. Some people here I bet that if they take citrulline they are going to start claiming that it rose their T, DHT, lowered an specific neurotransmisor and etc

Frankdee20

That’s why I ask for labs. Some people here I bet that if they take citrulline they are going to start claiming that it rose their T, DHT, lowered an specific neurotransmisor and etc

LOL, I used Citrulline. It definitely helps with stronger EQ. But yes, people get confused and think EQ comes solely from T boosting. That is not to say some herbs do both, I think Ginseng can help EQ and was reported on Peak Testosterone website to help with T as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals