A Piece Of Plastic Can Learn Through Training, Just Like Animals

haidut

Forum Supporter
The house of cards that is modern "science" continues to crumble, albeit slowly. Several years ago I made a post on the ability of an "inanimate" piece of matter (dough) to learn simple behaviors through repetitive training, akin to the widely publicized "Pavlov dog". The dough study references an older one, performed in the 1950s with metals as training subjects, as an inspiration.

A Piece Of Dough Can Learn Just Like Animals And Humans

That dough study above generated huge controversy online with "scientific experts" from both sides of the political spectrum universally condemning the study as promoting "animism". Yet, the findings are nothing new and these principles of learning, fatigue, recovery and hysteresis in general have been demonstrated more than a century ago by JC Bose in Cambridge and other UK institutions of higher learning. Furthermore, there are multiple archaeological artifacts suggesting this property of matter was known to most ancient cultures going as far back as the Babylonians / Assyrians.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/18986

Then, just as now, such research was condemned as "vitalism", "animism", "reactionary", "revolutionary", "subversive", etc. Well, whatever adjective may be attached to it, the independent confirmation of these phenomena over a span of over a century makes them another adjective too - true. Maybe it is the idea of dualism of matter (i.e. living, non-living) that is false and together with it more than a century of (fake) science needs to go the way of the Dodo.

https://www.cell.com/matter/fulltext/S2590-2385(19)30289-9
Walking Plastic - Scientists Train Plastic to Walk On Its Own

"...Scientists have trained plastic to walk on its own using a combination of photosensitive bio-inspiration and light-reactive coatings. Look at it go! The scientists use an analogy to Pavlov’s dog, but the truth is more like how a plant bends toward the sun and away from darkness. Light and heat reaction induce constriction or expansion that bends joints and enables motion. For plants, any Pavlovian reaction is built in because the light itself is the food. But the plastic robot is trained to respond to light even after the heat stimulus is removed, which is the Pavlovian side."

JamesGatz

I really want to know the extent of which you can train wild bugs/animals if you are healthy

For example - can I train wild squirrels to bring me food from the wild back to my home and offer them something in exchange for their services? (Maybe offer them a trade of some sort)

If one can communicate a clear enough message to these animals - I don't see why it's unreasonable

Perry Staltic

Learning involves intelligence. Inanimate objects have no intelligence, so they don't learn. Fatigue, recovery and hysteresis in general are not principles of learning, they are particular physical characteristics of some objects.

The house of cards that is modern "science" continues to crumble, albeit slowly. Several years ago I made a post on the ability of an "inanimate" piece of matter (dough) to learn simple behaviors through repetitive training, akin to the widely publicized "Pavlov dog". The dough study references an older one, performed in the 1950s with metals as training subjects, as an inspiration.

A Piece Of Dough Can Learn Just Like Animals And Humans

That dough study above generated huge controversy online with "scientific experts" from both sides of the political spectrum universally condemning the study as promoting "animism". Yet, the findings are nothing new and these principles of learning, fatigue, recovery and hysteresis in general have been demonstrated more than a century ago by JC Bose in Cambridge and other UK institutions of higher learning. Furthermore, there are multiple archaeological artifacts suggesting this property of matter was known to most ancient cultures going as far back as the Babylonians / Assyrians.

Response in the Living and Non-Living by Jagadis Chandra Bose

Then, just as now, such research was condemned as "vitalism", "animism", "reactionary", "revolutionary", "subversive", etc. Well, whatever adjective may be attached to it, the independent confirmation of these phenomena over a span of over a century makes them another adjective too - true. Maybe it is the idea of dualism of matter (i.e. living, non-living) that is false and together with it more than a century of (fake) science needs to go the way of the Dodo.

Associative Learning by Classical Conditioning in Liquid Crystal Network Actuators
Walking Plastic - Scientists Train Plastic to Walk On Its Own

"...Scientists have trained plastic to walk on its own using a combination of photosensitive bio-inspiration and light-reactive coatings. Look at it go! The scientists use an analogy to Pavlov’s dog, but the truth is more like how a plant bends toward the sun and away from darkness. Light and heat reaction induce constriction or expansion that bends joints and enables motion. For plants, any Pavlovian reaction is built in because the light itself is the food. But the plastic robot is trained to respond to light even after the heat stimulus is removed, which is the Pavlovian side."
Like I said in your dough thread, this seems similar to graphene oxide.

Regina

I really want to know the extent of which you can train wild bugs/animals if you are healthy

For example - can I train wild squirrels to bring me food from the wild back to my home and offer them something in exchange for their services? (Maybe offer them a trade of some sort)

If one can communicate a clear enough message to these animals - I don't see why it's unreasonable
We had this experience at camp with pack rats.
We found that if we left something like a ring next to our bunk bed, in the morning the ring might be gone but an acorn was in its place.
And when we climbed up into the rafters, where the rats seemed to have nests, we found a treasure trove of our stuff.
These guys were moral. They never stole; they traded.

Lollipop2

We had this experience at camp with pack rats.
We found that if we left something like a ring next to our bunk bed, in the morning the ring might be gone but an acorn was in its place.
And when we climbed up into the rafters, where the rats seemed to have nests, we found a treasure trove of our stuff.
These guys were moral. They never stole; they traded.
I have been on a walk and saw a squirrel and started talking to him in my mind’s eye. He stopped and I could feel his consciousness in my third eye. We “chatted” for quite some time while I offered a huge wave of love. Finally his spouse came and was having a vocal fit that he was there talking to me - he looked at me and back at her and back at me - torn. I told him - “no worries go on and take care of your family and you are one amazing soul” - oh my the wave of love that passed over me. Speechless and priceless. He then scurried off with his spouse.

Regina

I have been on a walk and saw a squirrel and started talking to him in my mind’s eye. He stopped and I could feel his consciousness in my third eye. We “chatted” for quite some time while I offered a huge wave of love. Finally his spouse came and was having a vocal fit that he was there talking to me - he looked at me and back at her and back at me - torn. I told him - “no worries go on and take care of your family and you are one amazing soul” - oh my the wave of love that passed over me. Speechless and priceless. He then scurried off with his spouse.
Love it! I have a big grin thinking about this. I feel like I know the squirrel now too.

Can you please tell the ground squirrels to quit digging up my yard? They aren’t very nice to me.

Attachments

• 7C14C666-5F89-4E29-904E-A7B14B24B4E6.jpeg
    7C14C666-5F89-4E29-904E-A7B14B24B4E6.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 13
  • AAB30891-9AF1-45F0-84C1-1F0626F7FF16.jpeg
    AAB30891-9AF1-45F0-84C1-1F0626F7FF16.jpeg
    337.4 KB · Views: 13
just let em know
I horrifically witnessed two gray squirrels tear apart a baby bunny in my backyard, and recently a brown squirrel lunged at my face through my glass window. I am gonna go with what my elders said in my youth and not trust strangers.

Cloudhands

I horrifically witnessed two gray squirrels tear apart a baby bunny in my backyard, and recently a brown squirrel lunged at my face through my glass window. I am gonna go with what my elders said in my youth and not trust strangers.
i think itd be more advantageous to group them on your side if theyre that formidable. I remember years ago I was super into tai chi and would do it every day, and me and my class mates noticed the more we praticed after some time animals would come up to us, not run, land on us, as if we were like trees or something. All that summer i remember baby squirrels running up to me and hitching onto my feet or legs, we even housed a few who were too young to be on their own.

i think itd be more advantageous to group them on your side if theyre that formidable. I remember years ago I was super into tai chi and would do it every day, and me and my class mates noticed the more we praticed after some time animals would come up to us, not run, land on us, as if we were like trees or something. All that summer i remember baby squirrels running up to me and hitching onto my feet or legs, we even housed a few who were too young to be on their own.
As aggressive and destructive as they have become I think I would rather deal with the dough.

Back
Top Bottom