A Piece Of Plastic Can Learn Through Training, Just Like Animals

haidut

The house of cards that is modern "science" continues to crumble, albeit slowly. Several years ago I made a post on the ability of an "inanimate" piece of matter (dough) to learn simple behaviors through repetitive training, akin to the widely publicized "Pavlov dog". The dough study references an older one, performed in the 1950s with metals as training subjects, as an inspiration.

A Piece Of Dough Can Learn Just Like Animals And Humans

That dough study above generated huge controversy online with "scientific experts" from both sides of the political spectrum universally condemning the study as promoting "animism". Yet, the findings are nothing new and these principles of learning, fatigue, recovery and hysteresis in general have been demonstrated more than a century ago by JC Bose in Cambridge and other UK institutions of higher learning. Furthermore, there are multiple archaeological artifacts suggesting this property of matter was known to most ancient cultures going as far back as the Babylonians / Assyrians.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/18986

Then, just as now, such research was condemned as "vitalism", "animism", "reactionary", "revolutionary", "subversive", etc. Well, whatever adjective may be attached to it, the independent confirmation of these phenomena over a span of over a century makes them another adjective too - true. Maybe it is the idea of dualism of matter (i.e. living, non-living) that is false and together with it more than a century of (fake) science needs to go the way of the Dodo.

https://www.cell.com/matter/fulltext/S2590-2385(19)30289-9
Walking Plastic - Scientists Train Plastic to Walk On Its Own

"...Scientists have trained plastic to walk on its own using a combination of photosensitive bio-inspiration and light-reactive coatings. Look at it go! The scientists use an analogy to Pavlov’s dog, but the truth is more like how a plant bends toward the sun and away from darkness. Light and heat reaction induce constriction or expansion that bends joints and enables motion. For plants, any Pavlovian reaction is built in because the light itself is the food. But the plastic robot is trained to respond to light even after the heat stimulus is removed, which is the Pavlovian side."

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Article - Did Chinese scientists find autism’s missing puzzle piece? Articles & Scientific Studies 2
Luckytype FINALLY - 1 Piece Of The Puzzle Discovered. I Need More Of Your Insight Metabolism 36
A Niacinamide Was The Missing Piece For Me Ask For Help or Advice 42
A This Is A Big Piece Of The Health Puzzle Oral Health 491
P DIHEXA - The Missing Piece Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
haidut A Piece Of Dough Can Learn Just Like Animals And Humans Scientific Studies 78
TypicalJock Does food in plastic packaging effect the food? Ask For Help or Advice 1
Hgreen56 There Is Plastic In Every Honey That Exists (and Other Foods) Diet, Recipes 16
Mito Seafood Study Finds Plastic In All Samples Articles & Scientific Studies 5
Hgreen56 Carton Package Better Choice Than Plastic Containers? Milk 3
meatbag Visualising The Amount Of Plastic We Eat Society 0
Twohandsondeck How Estrogenic Is A Joint Compared To Plastic? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 0
Beefcake Global Drinking Water Contains As Much Plastic As Eating A Credit Card Per Week Scientific Studies 44
L Hydrogenated Coconut Oil In A Plastic Container? Coconut Oil 11
A Tap Water Vs Plastic Bottled Water Toxins, Detoxification 2
W Orange Juice Cartons Plastic? Toxins, Detoxification 16
TheBeard Plastic As An Endocrine Disruptor: Bs? Thyroid and Hormones 4
BemusedObserver Help! I Accidentally Cooked The Entire Corned Beef Flavor Pack (plastic And All) In My Stew Additives, Cookware, Eating Out, Spices 2
W Plastic In Sonaki Vitamin C Showerhead Hair & Nails 0
P Bisphenol A In Plastic Bags/carton Boxes? Toxins, Detoxification 4
scarlettsmum Breathable Mattress Protector Or Plastic Sheet For Kids, Any Danger? Ask For Help or Advice 5
A Glass Vs Plastic Revised Poll Health Natura 15
haidut Bpa-free Plastic Just As Dangerous As One With Bpa Scientific Studies 14
S On The Benefits Of Non-Plastic Clothing Ask For Help or Advice 19
Amazoniac Plastic toxins leaching. Concerns with contact with food Toxins, Detoxification 3
J Dairy For The Plastic Sensitive Dairy 22
J Study Links Plastic Plates To Kidney Stones Articles & Scientific Studies 5
B Vinegar In Plastic Bottle Or Metabisulfite In Glass? Diet, Recipes 2
burtlancast New Study:Most Plastic Products Release Estrogenic Chemicals Toxins, Detoxification 7
L Choosing a language to learn The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 21
biggirlkisss What are good books to learn biology etc to understand the science more deeply? Ask For Help or Advice 3
haidut We Learn Faster When Our Choices Aren't Forced / Influenced Scientific Studies 1
J Oldest UK Person Has Died 112 - What Can We Learn Miscellaneous 4
G Best Books To Learn Of Each Field Book Recommendations 7
Infarouge Time To Start/learn DIY IVs? Experiments 10
BearWithMe Best Resources To Learn Buteyko Breathing / Proper Breathing Techniques? Ask For Help or Advice 23
ddjd DHEA Is Helping Me Learn German Ask For Help or Advice 13
J Where To Learn About The Body Ask For Help or Advice 12
haidut Children Notice/learn Everything, Adults Have Selective/focused Attention Scientific Studies 16
theman55 Newbie, Looking For A Good Forum To Be Social/learn All I Can Meet & Greet 2