A Peat Dilemma - What Do You Do?

jimisonthenet

Ok let me create the scene:

You've just stayed over at somebody's house. In the morning, she asks you, "Do you want some breakfast?", you say, "Sure, I'm starving."
She pops downstairs for 15 minutes, you have a nice relax in bed until she comes up... and then here she comes with your breakfast! Multi-seed, processed bread, with a good lob of margarine on each piece of bread, and a big lump of beans on top of it.

You've been following such a strict diet, but then the lady's taken the time and effort to make you some breakfast.

What do you do?

Amazoniac

It's common to find men 'forgetting' to slip objects into their pockets, it's often a car key, wallet, fancy pen or mobile device. But then you imagine: what if it was a dildo instead? If this was the extreme opposite, consider something neutral: a foldable piece of paper. It would certainly be annoying to be carrying it around and as soon as possible you'd find it placed in the pocket. By the way, who needs watches these days?

My comment is because the post above reads like this. How can you get intimate enough to have sex and have trouble with such level of communication? You don't want to make her feel bad but it can't be difficult to ask in advance "What does you has in mind?", or "I forgot to tell you that I don't have the habit of eating these. I understand if it upsets you, so how do you want to punish me for it? :smilingimp:"

OP
jimisonthenet

jimisonthenet

"Sorry, I don't eat beans, how are you going to punish me for it?"

...ok, great level of communication!

bboone

i dont know bro, in that situation you would probably need to inject yourself with about 5 grams of vitamin E just to withstand the presence of the meal you described. any self-respecting peater would curse the lady as a demon and jump head-first out the nearest window, but if you were to succumb to weakness and actually eat some of the slop she served, you would need to spend at least a week cola-fasting and self-flagellating while performing rituals of PUFAic banishment

bboone

on a serious note i would tell her to get that ***t away from me as seedy bread with margarine and beans sounds repulsive. where is this woman from? southern india?

OP
jimisonthenet

jimisonthenet

The idea was just to produce a scenario where you feel forced into eating bad food. It could have been choosing to eat an unhealthy airplane meal, or if your grandma made you a pudding and then poured a load of soy milk on it. The scenario above did happen to me, but it was eggs instead of beans so I ate the lot, went home, and had my supplements (and yes plenty of vitamin E thanks bboone :).).

In these situations I do allow myself a bit of leeway to an extent, when a friend or loved one makes me some food that isn't fully Peatarian. I think that it's a dilemma we all come across, and when I'm at home I use supplements to aid recovery and follow a strict Peatarian diet, in hoping that it will help to counterract these times when I let my guard down.

Amazoniac

"Sorry, I don't eat beans, how are you going to punish me for it?"

...ok, great level of communication!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to shame the fact that you had sex and might want to tell others about it, quite the opposite: high five <Borat accent>. But perhaps the same struggle in communicating this clearly* reappears when you had a hard time communicating something objectively to her or being open about it and preferring to find a way around instead.

*Here's what I mean:
A few days ago I had sex with this pretty girl, it all went great until she decided to prepare our breakfast: it was something that I don't eat. I didn't want to make her feel bad about it. What would you do?

Last edited:

sebastian_r

The idea was just to produce a scenario where you feel forced into eating bad food.
"No thank you" always works.
If it's really important to you, you don't let social pressure getting to you.
It's more unpolite from others trying to pressure you eating something, than you declining it.

OP
jimisonthenet

jimisonthenet

The idea was just to produce a scenario where you feel forced into eating bad food.

I think you're missing the point here Amazoniac, but yes, you rephrased my question correctly in the context that I put it.

"No thank you" always works.

Good point sebastian. I do say, "No thank you" in most circumstances, but if I'm really hungry, I think it might be healthier to eat certain foods than to carry on with the stress-response of not eating anything.

Luk3

Just tell her your eating habits and politely refuse her offer if she doesn’t have what you want. Women like confident men. You shouldn’t feel uncomfortable showing a woman who you are. If she doesn’t like it, move on.

Jackrabbit

i dont know bro, in that situation you would probably need to inject yourself with about 5 grams of vitamin E just to withstand the presence of the meal you described. any self-respecting peater would curse the lady as a demon and jump head-first out the nearest window, but if you were to succumb to weakness and actually eat some of the slop she served, you would need to spend at least a week cola-fasting and self-flagellating while performing rituals of PUFAic banishment
That’s so weird, I was just typing the exact same advice and then I saw you already wrote it. Of course, that was in the ‘How to Deal With Non-Peating Women You Just Slept With’ handbook that is automatically sent to everyone who joins this forum, so I don’t know how OP didn’t already know this!

TheSir

I would just eat the damn bread and not be so autistic about it. Reminds of some earlier thread where a woman was concerned about the consequences of kissing her husband on the lips after he had eaten a PUFA rich meal. Neuroticism and food doesn't make a great combination.

alywest

Serioulsy? You didn't throw the plate across the room and break it and then run out of the house screaming?!