A New Day, A New Start

OP
Luann

Luann

hola

I am thinking about implementing the following:

more picky as to sources of starch! probably just short rice, and red potatoes, when possible.

Trying to consume less politics, less sensationalism and silliness via mass and social media. as I enter the school year hopefully this will refresh me. Also, inspired by a RPF-er, I would like to try to switch over personal writing and entertainment languages away from English. I don't know to what extent I can do this.

what a beautiful day today was! i slept well and woke up to snow.

OP
Luann

Luann

Feeling pretty good! Sleeping well, able to tolerate gelatin candies and other "triggers" without migraine.

I am reading a history book for school and finding it super interesting.

Probably a big factor, is feeling more of a sense of purpose now that I'm nearly done with school, and have freedom to select classes I actually care about.

Random story, once I had a chemistry professor who was definitely "one of the good ones". I remember him saying, off-topic, that a low-salt diet was bad, and that chemistry was simply a matter of learning a language / vocabulary. Once he looked at me and said out of nowhere, "You're a perfectionist" - no judgement, but not really something people tell each other much! He was interesting. But my favorite of his was, "Any idiot can make something more complicated."

Enjoy today<3

OP
Luann

Luann

Theories during times of insomnia:

It takes time to relax enough to fall asleep. This is normal. It also takes movement. The bed should be clear of obstacles to movement including too many pillows or blankets. The body is not looking for a comfortable sleeping position, but rather to engage in a series of stretches that remedy the day's wear and tear. This needs to happen before sleep. This transition period is natural.
According to an article on "instinctive sleeping and resting postures", the head needs to be on a low pillow rather than a high one, for at least part of the night. This allows the head's weight to gently lengthen the neck and gravity to close the mouth and pull the tongue to the mouth's roof.
High pillows are soft but by cradling the head and neck they keep them still and they need to be able to move during this time.
Breathing may be hard in this position: I have read that certain muscles actually need to relearn proper nose breathing if they are not used to it for long periods. This is from a Quora user, who said that the body needs to learn how to keep the airway clear during nose breathing. This may take some nights to learn.
They say not to "just lay there" during insomnia. They say to read a book or play a game on the phone. But even easy reading locks the eyes, neck, and back into one position. The goal during the stretching and resting period is to indulge the body by lying in whatever position is helpful for it. Phone or book use causes the reader to ignore his body's requests and adopt a strained position.
Tossing and turning is used to refer to insomnia and it's ironic that maybe if we tossed and turned a little more before we fell asleep, gently of course, we would be better off.
There shouldn't be sharp corners of nightstands, or glass, or things easily tipped over or broken within a foot of the bed. These subtly encourage the body not to move and stretch out.
Stretching does not involve yoga or any conscious or difficult movements in this case. It means lying on a bed free from restrictive clothes, jewelry, or accessories that prevent the body from adopting the necessary postures that allow it to relax and heal.

OP
Luann

Luann

Thoughts from a walk:

Can the subconscious really be said to exist? Or just a word we give to conscious thoughts we don't think are acceptable?

Is sensational media and disinfo a product of current times / externally controlled, or an inevitable manifestation of people in inner pain? Or both?

How to treat? (My temporary bandaid is: to focus. Not just silver-linings about the present, but also on futures or better things no matter how unrealistic.)

OP
Luann

Luann

In case I haven't said this in any formal way thus far...

college is the scam of a lifetime

unless you're going to be a doctor or something...

Every semester I realize anew how tough this is for me mentally and emotionally, to sit in on hours and hours of lecture that is just irrelevant to me, or outdated, or presented ineffectively enough that I could have just read a book on it. And to not be able to justify to myself this loss of time and money, and to be tired and bored and stuck all at once.

Last edited:
OP
Luann

Luann

So I'm pretty good at avoiding carageenan in food products.
But I've been eating this frozen yogurt with it as an addititive, and I've started to feel dizzy.
First, I'm getting headaches from (i think the carageenan). So I stopped eating it, but what stood out was that after the headache had passed, I felt dizzy for hours. I also was getting aura with the headache, which doesn't normally happen to me.

Soo yeah, I think the carageenan is causing me to have a kind of headache I don't usually have

OP
Luann

Luann

Life is good.
I graduated university :)
And feel very proud and relieved about this.

OP
Luann

Luann

Thank you!
Definitely feels good. I won't miss the homework but I did have a few really cool professors!

I have to plug this guy, out of the blue, because of his work on the harms of footwear. He's pretty aligned with the thinking of Esther Gokhale, Katy Bowman, and the guy from Movenat in saying that physical movement has lost the diversity it once had from floor sitting, going barefoot, outdoors work, and carrying things on the head. But he takes it one step farther and says that shoes are the real culprit here. He also says that being able to move as our ancestors did was a source of endorphins and that humans were more resistant to pain and cold temperatures because of those endorphins.

Frankly I think he's right. There is such joy in movement. From dance to rap to rock climbing, movement is used to experience ecstasy and fulfillment. I think modern times have changed the way we move into something more repetitive and disconnected from our real bodies.

Runenight201

Ever go to a trampoline park? Talk about movement...that will absolutely send your vestibular system for a spin. The one I went to had a rock wall, balance beam face off, trampolines, parkour, ninja warrior, escape rooms, basketball dunking, dodgeball, it was well done. The only con is I'm bouncing around with little rugrats everywhere, but when my friend and I went early we had the park to ourselves which was pretty cool. Next time we'll have to recruit them into dodgeball teams and then they'd probably make the whole experience even more fun lol. I had a blast, felt amazing, and also realized how out of shape I was compared to myself as a kid. I used to play for hours straight, but in my current state I only lasted an hour and then some before tapping out.

OP
Luann

Luann

Not lately, I take walks near one though, where there is a big, pretty empty lot and you can see the sun go down there. trampoline park buildings are huge. that sounds incredible:) good luck with your child teams. That's so freaking true - I could run forever as a kid <3

Just checking in. I've been tired. Life after college feels weird and I even tried to prep for this mentally by sticking to routines and goals but ah, life does what it likes.
Cutting out coffee because it currently takes forever to get to sleep + nothing at all to wake up middle of the night. Matcha latte tomorrow - and B6, which always, mysteriously, feels good. Looking forward to it.
Trying to raise protein and gain some weight. Maybe some life changes ahead.

OP
Luann

Luann

Good news??
found a K1 - K2 - D3 complex at my grocery store, with reasonable amounts of all 3, which was exactly what I was looking for. I'm stocking up for winter and trying to get better teeth
also taking silica again but don't know if there are any results yet
aand, learning to love orange juice. I used to not like it! it gives a calm feeling about 15 minutes after having a glass and now I get thirsty for it.
drinking green tea did not work out. I really do prefer coffee but I've learned to go easy on it for the sake of a good night's sleep.
positivity and good thoughts to all!

OP
Luann

Luann

If you take calcium out of the picture, milk is actually an insanely high phosphorus food
I looked these all up, paying attention to only the protein - phosphorous ratio, and NOT the calcium content.
Egg whites are amazing, followed by steak, and dairy is at the bottom
Just sayin.

Runenight201

Funny how life works. I was literally just experimenting again with egg whites. Whipped up 5 of them and mixed with salsa, peas, carrots, and green beans. Really gentle on the stomach.

I agree when I compare this feeling to drinking some milk, the chewable mass seems better. I even tried mixing the milk with tumeric and cinnamon to see if that would make it ideal. Come to think of it I could for a glass tho….

Whats with protein-phosphorous ratios?

OP
Luann

Luann

so, i was prioritizing protein-phos for a bit because i was thinking, maybe calcium doesn't cancel out all that phosphorus? what if a lot of phosphorus is still bad no matter what Ca ratio it's in? just a thought. please don't lump me in with Anti-peat ;)

egg whites *are* gentle on the stomach. that recipe sounds nice too! a little bit of summer in fall

i just took iodine for the first time! took 2 drops this afternoon. felt good, kind of on top of things and sharp and warm. it disappeared in 4-5 hours. this is lugol's not tincture so it may not work the same as the classic test, but still i took that to indicate that I needed more. just used 3 more drops topically and feel warm :) the color disappeared again.

OP
Luann

Luann

Going to try this recipe this weekend!

eta, I have my supplements down to just a few :) I take 2 drops lugol's iodine in my coffee, not as bad as it sounds, copper with lunch, and chromium in hopes it will keep my blood sugar good overnight. other things like glycine as needed, but, it's been nice to simplify things for now.

OP
Luann

Luann

Recently, I have been kind of repulsed by sweets and didn't want pop or candy at all. I've been taking copper for almost a week now at 4 or 6 mg daily, and yesterday and today I wanted sugary things again! Maybe because fructose worsens copper deficiency?

OP
Luann

Luann

I don't really like milk lol
Like... do you guys?
Took a while to figure it out but it really only tastes good to me in coffee and in cooking, maybe hot chocolate once in a while. Or as cheese! But not as its own liquid or even chocolate milk really.

InChristAlone

I don't really like milk lol
Like... do you guys?
Took a while to figure it out but it really only tastes good to me in coffee and in cooking, maybe hot chocolate once in a while. Or as cheese! But not as its own liquid or even chocolate milk really.
Always hated the taste of milk ever since I was very young. My Mom would have to warm up milk with chocolate to get me to drink it. The only time I could like milk was when I was getting it fresh from the farm and it was super creamy.

OP
Luann

Luann

^^ i wish i could experience farm fresh milk :))

I also struggle with liquids in general. They make me cold and anxious. I am just recently seeing that so clearly and making an effort to raise the salt intake and only sip liquids when thirsty. Ofc not being too restrictive. I am going to try making coffee with less water and condensed, not regular, milk as the liquid feeling hits hard in the morning after coffee.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals