A New Day, A New Start

OP
Luann

Luann

So, I'm noticing a shift in the foods I prefer to eat these days.

It's been a lot more Germanic, starch and lean meat, potato-vegetable dishes lately, and less soft drinks, fruit, and liquid milk. Fat-free ice cream and rootbeer a few times a day.

I seem to get diluted from drinking liquids really easily, so that may be part of my shift toward these foods. I've been doing Peat for three and a half years and not sure how liquids are so much of an issue for me still, except that it may be a genetic thing. My mom actually has a dislike for drinking plain water or eating lots of fruit.

OP
Luann

Luann

Well, today I'm not feeling good. My face is twitching, it's hard to breathe, I am so tired. Actually the last few days I have needed naps and more sleep than usual. I really think it's related to histamine accumulation but don't want to take any more allergy meds. Think it's just spring time allergies and possibly something in my diet I'm reacting to.

OP
Luann

Luann

Update to last post and kind of a revelation.
I think, for me, histamines have been tied up with fatigue and mineral deficiencies to the point that it's all one thing.
I realize that when I'm hungry, I don't feel hungry. Maybe because some foods give me headaches. Maybe my stomach acid is weak, or there are bad bacteria, for whatever reason, I'm not craving food when I need it most. Hunger is presenting as the urge to conserve calories, not to eat them. Thiamine intake has been low, AMONG other things, I think. Things can't stay like this. Wish me luck.

ETA I just looked at recent posts and am not the only one to have thiamine on the brain today. It is our mineral of the day!

Last edited:
OP
Luann

Luann

I made some amazing food today.
I steamed some peeled red potatoes and green beans, then put them in a runny skim-milk-and-instant-potato broth. Threw in coconut oil, lemon juice, salt, a bit of barbecue sauce for color, and then warmed-up mussels from a can. I was so hungry after work.
It was really good :)

OP
Luann

Luann

Refining my plan to detox better and to lower FFA's by an increase in stomach acid and thus better nutrition.

I think a big part is going to be calcium. I still seem to have low stomach acid (just a theory, but still.) And enough calcium is needed for the body to make that acid.

So, a big part of getting lots of calcium is making it available to the body by lowering phosphate. So here's my plan really. Lower phosphate through taking niacinamide twice or thrice, up to a gram, through the day. (Studies for this are available online.) Cut out almost all meats and dark sodas but keep the dairy. And get plenty of minerals through potatoes, shellfish, and milk, while staying away from foods that make any of my symptoms worse. These would include high histamine foods as well as eating sugars without protein and minerals at the same time.

Ok everyone hold me to this. Let's see how much better I start to feel <3

Runenight201

Good luck! I’ve never tried milk in a broth...but I think I may be tempted to give it a shot. I could see it being extra creamy and warming. I usually put lard or tallow in my broth, but perhaps a skim milk + lard mixture could be a power play.... Out of all the foods, dairy makes me the strongest, but it’s tough incorporating milk without the stomach bloat. I made a really good yogurt smoothie today that seemed to digest well and give me plenty of energy and strength.

Im confused about your hunger problems. Do you feel yourself lacking energy and strength, so you know you need food, but don’t perceive any hunger pains in the stomach?

Edit: I just tried adding a small amount of 2% milk to my broth and I really enjoyed it. I mixed in lard, egg yolk, mushrooms, onions, green onions, the milk, salt, and some pork chops. Very satisfying. Perhaps some freshly squeezed lemon would be the perfect final touch :)

Last edited:
OP
Luann

Luann

Your broth recipe sounds amazing, runenight201! Especially with pork chops - oh and I use squeezed lemon almost every day, it's a great flavor.
Um yes, actually, that is how hunger feels to me a lot of the time. More of a lethargy.
Why do you like lard? Just curious!

Cirion

I have found the same. Hunger is a tricky thing. Lately I myself have been eating extremely calorie dense foods to make sure my hunger is appropriate and also that I get the energy I truly need. Calorie dense foods get a bad rap because they "are fattening" but they are the best way to avoid under-eating IMO. If I start eating foods that are not energy dense, I end up getting inappropriate satiety signals, don't eat enough, and then feel awful and low energy, low mood, all the hypo symptoms. I actually stopped eating fruit because it isn't energy dense enough for me, I am drinking super energy dense juices now instead like straight juice concentrate, bolthouse farm juices... and even some "junk" foods like pizza lately. I realized being super orthorexic about my foods made me unconsciously be in a calorie deficit without meaning to. Fruits are great, but even 2 lb of grapes is only like 600 calories and I started to realize it was a massive chore to try to eat this much or even more every day lol.

Runenight201

I have found the same. Hunger is a tricky thing. Lately I myself have been eating extremely calorie dense foods to make sure my hunger is appropriate and also that I get the energy I truly need. Calorie dense foods get a bad rap because they "are fattening" but they are the best way to avoid under-eating IMO. If I start eating foods that are not energy dense, I end up getting inappropriate satiety signals, don't eat enough, and then feel awful and low energy, low mood, all the hypo symptoms. I actually stopped eating fruit because it isn't energy dense enough for me, I am drinking super energy dense juices now instead like straight juice concentrate, bolthouse farm juices... and even some "junk" foods like pizza lately. I realized being super orthorexic about my foods made me unconsciously be in a calorie deficit without meaning to. Fruits are great, but even 2 lb of grapes is only like 600 calories and I started to realize it was a massive chore to try to eat this much or even more every day lol.

Yes I found that fruit is a great addition to a diet, but can never be the crux. Fatty foods are the way to go. Conventional pizza is a little sketchy imo, but it’s very easy to replicate with store bought ingredients by eating bread, cheese, and tomatoes

Your broth recipe sounds amazing, runenight201! Especially with pork chops - oh and I use squeezed lemon almost every day, it's a great flavor.
Um yes, actually, that is how hunger feels to me a lot of the time. More of a lethargy.
Why do you like lard? Just curious!

There was a time I was experimenting with various animal fats for my soups. I kept trying tallow because of the supposedly healthier fat profile, but I hated the taste. Chicken fat was alright, but once I tasted lard, it was so incredibly rich, savory, and delicious, that I knew that lard was the answer to create absolutely delicious soups.

However today I made a cheesy soup that was reaaaally good. Ground beef, vegetable broth, cheese :)

I also made my own dessert today that involved melted butter, egg yolk, milk, cocoa powder, and sugar. I dipped bread into that and it was absolutely incredible! I had that for lunch followed by eggs, rice, and vegetable broth. Dinner was my cheesy beef soup with oj; bread dipped in coffee, milk, and sugar for dessert =P

OP
Luann

Luann

@Cirion, @Runenight201

Exactly, calorie density or at LEAST eating a couple big meals a day, works better for me than grazing all day on fruit or starch. I've been doing mashed potato casseroles rather than pizza, lol. And many fruit juices give me headaches.

Haha so lard is the key to awesome soups... good to know!! Your recent recipes sound amazing too. Sometimes I forget that soup can be a meal by itself.

Random note, I read that thyroid production rises after caffeine intake but then dips after 24 hours. Should I start having a cup of coffee in the afternoon again for thyroid? With my work schedule (early morning days, followed by sleeping in) I often go 30 hours or more between caffeine.

Runenight201

@Cirion, @Runenight201

Exactly, calorie density or at LEAST eating a couple big meals a day, works better for me than grazing all day on fruit or starch. I've been doing mashed potato casseroles rather than pizza, lol. And many fruit juices give me headaches.

Haha so lard is the key to awesome soups... good to know!! Your recent recipes sound amazing too. Sometimes I forget that soup can be a meal by itself.

Random note, I read that thyroid production rises after caffeine intake but then dips after 24 hours. Should I start having a cup of coffee in the afternoon again for thyroid? With my work schedule (early morning days, followed by sleeping in) I often go 30 hours or more between caffeine.

It’s annoying how many calories one needs to consume to keep the energy up. I do big meals AND snack on soda, fruit/fruit juice, and coffee/dairy just to maintain optimal functioning. In fact, I don’t even see food as meals anymore. It’s just energy to me. Whenever, whatever I need, I eat it. It’s certainly socially inappropriate so I’m not sure how to integrate that yet. I don’t like being a misanthrope, but maybe in that one category I’ll have to be X.X

Cirion

It’s annoying how many calories one needs to consume to keep the energy up. I do big meals AND snack on soda, fruit/fruit juice, and coffee/dairy just to maintain optimal functioning. In fact, I don’t even see food as meals anymore. It’s just energy to me. Whenever, whatever I need, I eat it. It’s certainly socially inappropriate so I’m not sure how to integrate that yet. I don’t like being a misanthrope, but maybe in that one category I’ll have to be X.X

If you had to guess, how many calories/protein/carbs/fats do you intake a day now? Or exact is even better, if you've been tracking.

And yeah lol. I came up with a parameter that combines pulse/temps/weight loss into a single metric and the only way all 3 turn out good is when I eat like 1,100 grams of carbs lol

upload_2019-7-11_16-34-33.jpeg

Last edited:

Runenight201

If you had to guess, how many calories/protein/carbs/fats do you intake a day now? Or exact is even better, if you've been tracking.

And yeah lol. I came up with a parameter that combines pulse/temps/weight loss into a single metric and the only way all 3 turn out good is when I eat like 1,100 grams of carbs lol

View attachment 13978

Errr that’s a difficult one. My whole thing has always been to not count because I never enjoyed viewing my food intake in that manner. I try to abide by bodily intuition. That and when I make smoothies or add sugar to things, they add calories but it would be a pain to track all of that. I often sip on some juice or something too, which would be annoying to calculate.

If I had to guess, I go through about 400 calories worth of sugar a day, 2-4 cups of oj, 2-4 cups of milk, 2 cups of yogurt, 1 cup of rice, 6 slices of bread, 6 eggs, 4 oz of cheese, 4 tablespoons of butter, some veggies, 2 bananas, and a half pound of meat.

I’m back onto being unsure about meat. I may ramp up milk/yogurt/sugar/coffee consumption in lieu of meat. Sugar and dairy make me feel happiest, so I know those can never leave my diet. One day I’ll figure it out lol, I swear I change my mind every day...

Cirion

One day I’ll figure it out lol, I swear I change my mind every day...

Lol, you and me both. I know you dislike tracking, but it's help kept me honest as to what actually works.

OP
Luann

Luann

My problem is I get halfway through logging an experiment and then start logging something else entirely haha.

So, I ate gelatin candy last night, a headache trigger for me, and had to take 2 aspirin today.

Half hour after the second 325mg, I started to feel better and suddenly had the feeling I was wearing something on my head or face.

It was the weirdest sensation, very distinct and I think caused by loosening of whatever caused the headache - blood vessels, sinuses, or muscles. I was literally trying to remember if I had sunglasses on my head or something. But then I felt better after that.

Weird right??

Runenight201

How’s your energy, clarity of thought, motivation, etc?

Protein and fats def pack on the weight (which is why most American men are overweight) buuut i have a sneaky suspicion this comes at a cost of those aforementioned categories...

OP
Luann

Luann

Hi runenight, it's hard for me to tell, some days are definitely better than others. Super stressed atm but who isn't??

Log: Just realized I'm under-dosing the dessicated liver I am taking. Been taking a tablet a week...pkg says to aim for 6 / day. Lol

Runenight201

The only stress free people I know are those who either figured “it” out or those who take on no responsibility.

While I think the former is ultimately more rewarding, Diogenes seemed to have been pretty content with life!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals