A New Day, A New Start

OP
Luann

Luann

Peaty antibiotics experience

• This post may be a little TMI but I'll do my best.
  • This is my 2nd week or so taking natural antibiotics that I ordered online. I've been taking monolaurin and, more recently, apolactoferrin (iron-free lactoferrin.)
  • After just a few days of taking 1.5 - 2.5 grams of monolaurin I began to show oral thrush, which people can get after taking mainstream antibiotics also. I had sores in my mouth and a coated tongue that bled when I brushed it. The thrush went away after about a week.
  • I have just taken apolactoferrin twice in the last three days. I first took a 300 mg pill at night and noticed a headache and feeling exhausted for most of the next day. A lot like how I would feel taking a whole niacinamide pill the night before. I had a weird smell / feeling in my sinuses that still hasn't gone away - not really pleasant, kind of irritated. I almost want to say it feels like something got 'knocked loose' or disturbed. About what you'd expect from an antibiotic. After the 2nd 300 mg of apolactoferrin (I skipped a day with the apo, on purpose, because of the results I mentioned) I also notice effects on my hormones and my digestion. No headache this time.
  • Placebo effect is a real thing, however I feel that these natural antibiotics are having strong effects on the bacteria in my body and, pleasant or not, are changing things for the better! I will update more as I continue the monolaurin and apolactoferrin.

OP
Luann

Luann

Antibiotics experience update
  • I have been taking the monolaurin since the day before Thanksgiving, when it arrived. That means this is actually my 4th week with monolaurin instead of my 2nd week.
  • I have had a lot of fatigue recently, and attributed that to taking the antibiotics (among other factors. Who knows, could be job stress, or a hundred other things). But because I have pretty bad quality sleep and often get headaches on waking up, I have started to wonder if my home has some mold in it that's making me feel so run down. There's a lot of duct work near my bedroom so I'd like to check out this theory.

Last edited:
OP
Luann

Luann

Antibiotics, same day update

I talked to someone who lives in the same house as me, he does not think that my fear of a mold problem has any basis. It seems there just isn't enough moisture to feed mold growth. I have had really stuffed-up sinuses, some headaches, and blood when blowing my nose sometimes; maybe it's just dry furnace air.
I took a 3rd 300mg apolactoferrin pill tonight.

Runenight201

Antibiotics, same day update

I talked to someone who lives in the same house as me, he does not think that my fear of a mold problem has any basis. It seems there just isn't enough moisture to feed mold growth. I have had really stuffed-up sinuses, some headaches, and blood when blowing my nose sometimes; maybe it's just dry furnace air.
I took a 3rd 300mg apolactoferrin pill tonight.

I sleep in a carpeted basement and have a dog who sheds fur everywhere. The carpeted basement occasionally floods also.

When I am healthy, my sinuses are completely clear and I nasal breathe easily, even while living in the above conditions.

When I am unhealthy, I get congested very easily and react allergenically to everything, ocassasionally having to mouth breath *gasp*.

I think it's best to avoid allergens, but in my experience, a healthy robust metabolism makes one much more resilient to them, to the point where they shouldn't severely impact quality of life.

You made a post a while back about archetypes to real selves? Can you further elaborate/refer me to where I can read more about that? I've heard about archetypes but haven't really looked very deeply into it.

OP
Luann

Luann

Wow, so have you had mold problems in your sleeping area? The doggy allergens seem pretty common but I heard mold can be a health problem for just about anyone. Interesting to note your state of health on how allergies affect you.
I haven't done much reading on that topic. It seems that I labeled people or things too simply or relied on one trait to identify someone. I did this for concepts too and assumed that viewpoints were at odds with each other. I'm still maturing of course.

Runenight201

Maybe, but I’m not sure the degree to which it affects me. It could be one of those things where I’m constraining how much better my quality of life would be if I slept/lived in the cleanest of environments, but I also don’t feel like I suffer from general malaise or fatigue, and when I do, I’m always able to link it to the food I eat, which in my experience has always been the #1 largest influencer in my overall health.

I’m of the opinion that it’s best to maximize our own internal resiliency by consuming good foods, managing stress, getting good sleep, receiving that amazing sunlight, etc, etc... because we increasingly live in a worse environment, and aside from becoming a misanthrope and moving to some mountain top to escape, the best I can do is build a robustly healthy and strong body.

I think I’ll have to dig into some psychology and read Sigmund Frued and Carl Jung, especially because the latter is where I believe the archetype term comes from, and of course Frued influenced Jung, so that seems like a solid starting point. I tried reading Hegel the other day and the concepts and language he used were just way beyond me, so i hope it won’t be the same with those psychologists. With enough progression and dedication I’ll get to understanding those abstract philosophers though :)

LUH 3417

I sleep in a carpeted basement and have a dog who sheds fur everywhere. The carpeted basement occasionally floods also.

When I am healthy, my sinuses are completely clear and I nasal breathe easily, even while living in the above conditions.

When I am unhealthy, I get congested very easily and react allergenically to everything, ocassasionally having to mouth breath *gasp*.

I think it's best to avoid allergens, but in my experience, a healthy robust metabolism makes one much more resilient to them, to the point where they shouldn't severely impact quality of life.

You made a post a while back about archetypes to real selves? Can you further elaborate/refer me to where I can read more about that? I've heard about archetypes but haven't really looked very deeply into it.
i have had similar experiences with animal and environmental allergies. T seems to be very much related to blood sugar for me. I’ve been able to knock out an allergy attack by eating spoonfulls of honey or drinking a coke.

OP
Luann

Luann

Antibiotics, week 5
  • I'm taking about 2 grams a day of monolaurin, and haven't had an apolactoferrin since my last post. The apo seems like a strong substance and I'm being careful. I might take one tonight.
  • I don't feel too different since starting the monolaurin but am not taking a high dose relatively. I'll keep taking it.
I've been cutting 50's of P5P into 10 mg a day and I like that stuff. I can focus at work and the pills feel nice.

OP
Luann

Luann

I woke up with a horrible, lingering headache and tried to think of what caused it. 90% of my headache triggers are excess glutamine and proline amino acids, from what I observe... and I am careful with those, except I'm wondering if the gelatin capsules from my supplements are culprits? Can't think of anything else to blame.

OP
Luann

Luann

So, my headache on waking up might be a result of carbon dioxide collecting in my room overnight - I sleep with a closed door and towel under it to raise CO2. And this wasn't my first morning headache since starting to sleep that way.
I want to start eating baked potatoes again for minerals. Instant flakes, while convenient, don't have the same nutritional value according to Cronometer.

michael94

So, my headache on waking up might be a result of carbon dioxide collecting in my room overnight - I sleep with a closed door and towel under it to raise CO2. And this wasn't my first morning headache since starting to sleep that way.
I want to start eating baked potatoes again for minerals. Instant flakes, while convenient, don't have the same nutritional value according to Cronometer.

I noticed that about the flakes... I brought it up before but no one seemed to know why. For example I was looking at a box of indtant mashed potatoes and it said 0% iron, for fetter or wurst ?

OP
Luann

Luann

I remember you posting that discovery Michael. Personally I'll be picking up some russets at the store today.

OP
Luann

Luann

Dinner was 4 baby potatoes microwaved 5 minutes each and topped with coconut oil, green beans, and salsa. I feel so relaxed!

OP
Luann

Luann

I'm eating microwaved potatoes daily, and am feeling irritation in my cheek near a growing wisdom tooth, an issue I had before while eating spuds. Now I wonder if the phosporus of 3-4 large potatoes is dwarfing my daily calcium.

OP
Luann

Luann

Today's dinner: potatoes and brussel sprouts with Greek yogurt, coconut oil, rosemary, cilantro, curry, and crushed tomatoes. :relaxed:

OP
Luann

Luann

So, I might have a concussion. I hit my head hard last night and had a fever and a headache today. My plan is to stay home from the dr. and rest.

OP
Luann

Luann

I think my concussion symptoms are gone. It's kind of hard to know. Sometimes I misspell (while handwriting or typing) and I don't think I did this very often before concussing myself. Keeping an eye on it.
I've been taking methyl folate and didn't realize it was a chewable tablet until now - when I took half a crushed tablet and realized it was sweet! Haha. I'm sure they still work if swallowed whole.

OP
Luann

Luann

Still making spelling mistakes - while handwriting and typing. The typing thing is fine, because I type fast and mistakes are part of the territory.
But messing up while writing in my journal with a pencil... this is new to me : /

I used a solution of magnesium threonate and magnesium sulfate (Epsom) on my back, stomach, hands, and feet last night and it helped me sleep.

I'm taking copper and tiny amounts of methyl folate in the mornings and have decreased to a cup of coffee daily.

Cirion

I find jello super useful for sleep. I make it with honey, gelatin, and OJ. I am not a fan of any protein except gelatin during the night. Other proteins make me feel hungover especially at night.

OP
Luann

Luann

Thanks @Cirion! Most gelatin gives me terrible headaches. Maybe I can just try avoiding protein in any form near bedtime.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals