A New Bacterial Mutation Has Been Found In China Which Is Resistant To All Antibiotics

dd99

So what should we be stockpiling? Vitamin K, emodin, lapachon and maybe tetracylines on the off chance they will still work?

lampofred

If we get the upper hand on bacteria for some time, bacteria then get the upper hand on us, and at the end, it'll all be balanced like it was at first...

I guess at the end of the day nothing can beat nature.

Can't be our fault... peatarians are so parsimonious with antibiotics.

XPlus

The idea of resistance, I think, is more in line with conventional medicine. A pathogen is successful when it 's able to knock down the immune system quickly before any effective course of action is taken. By the time someone tries to intervene, too much damage may occur and it'll already be difficult to recover.
Best line of defense always is to keep good nutrition and low stress.

I had fresh orange juice a couple of days ago that turned out to be infested with some nasty bacteria. By the end of the night, the OJ bottle was bubbling inside the fridge. That's how bad it was.
I had a lot of starch that night, too - and felt restless, had to visit the loo too often and was almost going to puke.
A good dose of vitamins, a carrot, a tub of ice cream and some red light while in bed and I woke up feeling okay.

tara

Can't be our fault... peatarians are so parsimonious with antibiotics.
I think most antibiotics are used as part of routine raising of livestock. Serious restrictions on such use might be a really good idea, but would probably require other significant changes to farming methods and there's major resistance to change. Be nice if they got back to using charcoal for some of that function, and smaller herds and better care for other parts of it.

I consider antibiotics to be limited treasures to be used when needed, not squandered when we don't.

Tarmander

The interesting thing about this is how much most medical procedures hinge on antibiotics. In many ways we live in the age of antibiotics. Get rid of antibiotics, almost all surgery goes out the door. Heart surgery, stomach, cancer, etc. No more plastic surgery, so no more big boobs and nose jobs. If all of a sudden bacteria were "back," it would be like going back in time. Work too hard? Get too stressed? Come down with an infection? Sorry! I have taken so many antibiotics in my lifetime, what if every instance was life or death? Crazy to think about.

I don't know I mean the industry is good at taking natural substances and tweaking them to patent them, and there are about as many natural substances as there are ways to resist them... also I have not looked into this but I don't think killing bacteria is really what makes these animals grow so fast in the end.

If you dont believe me, search "mcr1 doxycycline". This is pretty good proof that there is an agenda to spread fear, this story has pretty widespread publication.

tara

In many ways we live in the age of antibiotics. Get rid of antibiotics, almost all surgery goes out the door. Heart surgery, stomach, cancer, etc.
Yeah. And lots of other things people used to die of, and maybe will again.

lvysaur

"Antibiotic resistant" bacteria have been reported multiple times before, and everyone's still fine as far as I know

Sheik

I like the George Carlin method of dealing with bacteria: swimming in raw sewage to strengthen your immune system.

At any rate humanity has got to get space colonies set up, no joke.

XPlus

I don't know I mean the industry is good at taking natural substances and tweaking them to patent them, and there are about as many natural substances as there are ways to resist them... .
Exactly. While the idea of minimisng bacterial burden is good, the safety of the newer generations of antibiotics is highly questionable.

tara

and everyone's still fine as far as I know
I believe people do die of them.
That more don't probably has something to do with the precautions taken by hospitals etc.

lindsay

This is probably why people have been eating probiotic foods forever. Because if you cannot kill bacteria, learn to deal with it. I'm not a proponent of probiotics, but I do think that fermented foods have some interesting qualities (and are very tasty, IMO).

Also, it would be interesting to see how these bacteria would hold up next to raw garlic. Seriously - if I could get past the taste & burn of raw garlic, I would eat the stuff all the time.

I've only taken antibiotics two times in the past decade. I keep going back and forth about ordering them and keeping the immune system in order, but there are a lot of good natural options to use when antibiotics are not available easily. Which is funny to say, because I live in the US, but I really hate going to and having to deal with doctors.

Anyhow, another reason to steer clear of conventional meat.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals