A missing thread in ray peats' research

dlind70

Ray and others like him talked about what food to eat. but we forget about when. When you eat the food at the right time whether it's tissue or fiber whether it's oil fat or water whether it's pufa or regular sugar carbohydrate protein fat or anything it depends on when you eat it say for example if you eat a steak at 7:00 p.m. at night you will get sleepy why is this the case?

It's because you had it at the wrong time it's food is supposed to give us energy not make us give us energy to go to sleep. Food eaten at the wrong time of the day will make you sleepy. Ray talks about carbon dioxide this is the proof that a certain food is eaten incorrectly because the carbon dioxide will make you sleepy.

Breakfast is so important. The first thing in the day should be the almond because there's tons of research out there about eating nuts in the first thing in the morning regardless if you can tolerate them regardless of the poofa if you eat the almond one of the first things it sets the HCL in your stomach and is like a block for the rest of the day food is supposed to give us energy if you do not get energy after you eat something you ate it at the wrong time. And the physiological effect is you lost the carbon dioxide or it went into the tissues in the wrong area that's why you get sleepy because the carbon dioxide was lost into your tissues or into your brain and really made you tired.

Food eaten at the right time will give you energy it's not supposed to make you tired. Breakfast is so important to eat fiber because fiber helps us out to be regular. To have a bowel movement. That is so important and all this health journey because if you do not go to the bathroom between 7:00 and 9:00 a.m. then you're backed up and your health will slowly decline.

Ray and others like him talked about what food to eat. but we forget about when. When you eat the food at the right time whether it's tissue or fiber whether it's oil fat or water whether it's pufa or regular sugar carbohydrate protein fat or anything it depends on when you eat it say for example if you eat a steak at 7:00 p.m. at night you will get sleepy why is this the case?

It's because you had it at the wrong time it's food is supposed to give us energy not make us give us energy to go to sleep. Food eaten at the wrong time of the day will make you sleepy. Ray talks about carbon dioxide this is the proof that a certain food is eaten incorrectly because the carbon dioxide will make you sleepy.

Breakfast is so important. The first thing in the day should be the almond because there's tons of research out there about eating nuts in the first thing in the morning regardless if you can tolerate them regardless of the poofa if you eat the almond one of the first things it sets the HCL in your stomach and is like a block for the rest of the day food is supposed to give us energy if you do not get energy after you eat something you ate it at the wrong time. And the physiological effect is you lost the carbon dioxide or it went into the tissues in the wrong area that's why you get sleepy because the carbon dioxide was lost into your tissues or into your brain and really made you tired.

Food eaten at the right time will give you energy it's not supposed to make you tired. Breakfast is so important to eat fiber because fiber helps us out to be regular. To have a bowel movement. That is so important and all this health journey because if you do not go to the bathroom between 7:00 and 9:00 a.m. then you're backed up and your health will slowly decline.

Ray talks about food timing, recommending proteins and calcium during the day and fats and magnesium at night.

OP
D

dlind70

Tequila and pineapple at night. I think @Rinse & rePeat would like that one. Tequila is from the agave plant and it is a night time food because it grows underground and the cactus family of foods is a bit different because it takes in UV light from the night time which makes it ideal for night eating or sleeping.

Tequila and pineapple at night. I think @Rinse & rePeat would like that one. Tequila is from the agave plant and it is a night time food because it grows underground and the cactus family of foods is a bit different because it takes in UV light from the night time which makes it ideal for night eating or sleeping.
Ha! Ha! I do like that one :) I occasionally drink pineapple juice mixed with half water and add sugar and salt to it and sip it in the evening WITHOUT tequila. It is great for digestion.

ReSTART

tequila is one of the less toxic alcohols, obviously still unhealthy but better than beer, cider

whiskey and rum depend on brand. cheap brands are pretty bad, when aged in very cheap white oak barrels.

tequila is one of the less toxic alcohols, obviously still unhealthy but better than beer, cider

whiskey and rum depend on brand. cheap brands are pretty bad, when aged in very cheap white oak barrels.
Yeah even Ray Peat says enjoys a little tequila on occasion :)

AspiringSage

Ha! Ha! I do like that one :) I occasionally drink pineapple juice mixed with half water and add sugar and salt to it and sip it in the evening WITHOUT tequila. It is great for digestion.

Pineapple, pineapple juice and bromelain enzyme are amazing for protein digestion. They enable me to increase protein uptake while keeping my gut happy. One of the first aspects of peating that I stumbled into a few years ago. Gotta watch the iron though.

Somehow, I’ve missed this point thus far. What makes tequila preferable health wise?
Tequila is a lesser evil. I was always a vodka drinker, and sometimes gin which is just vodka taken to another level with botanicals. Reading how a well made white tequila won’t leave you with a hangover I decided to give it a try and it is true. It takes some getting use to the flavor, but now I love it. I haven’t had a hangover in years, and I won’t drink anything else for that reason. I am pretty sure when Ray Peat enjoys a little tequila once in a while it is probably the Anejo, which is dark barrel aged stuff. It is a sipping tequila with amazing flavor. That I avoid because barrel aged tequilas that have 100 times more toxins than the clear ones. I particularly like tequila because I sleep well with it, whereas all the other alcohols mess with my sleep…

“Manufacturers make tequila from fermented agave juice, typically from the species Agave tequilana.

Some producers add additives and alcohol from other sources to the tequila, while other manufacturers make tequila from 100% agave juice.

Most blue, silver, or white higher-end tequilas from Mexico contain 100% fermented agave.

Agave juice contains sugars that seem to offer various potential health benefits, though conclusive evidence of these benefits will require more research.“

“We have a lot of trainers and fitness gurus who come in and drink every day,” Jason Eisner, director at a trendy vegan Hollywood bar, Gracias Madre, told The Cut. “The way they’re able to do that is to stick to pure agave spirits.

“As long as you stay hydrated and don’t drink, like, a whole bottle, you’re fine. Not hungover.” Have you ever wondered, for instance, why after a night of drinking whiskey you feel so much worse than after a night of drinking vodka? According to a study published in Alcoholism: Clinical & Experimental Research, congeners -- a chemical that gets produced during alcohol’s fermentation process, which occurs particularly in barrel-aged drinks like wine, whiskey and brandy -- increase the severity of any given hangover. Pure tequila, as opposed to normal mixed tequilas, do not have as many congeners or sugars.

Thus, minimal hangovers.”

Osukhan

ive heard that pineapple juice mixed with tequila has some anti-parasitic properties as well

ive heard that pineapple juice mixed with tequila has some anti-parasitic properties as well
I have a couple of tequilas when I am out, at a restaurant or at a friend’s house, and I drink it straight or with a slash of pineapple juice to help with digestion, from all the “unPeaty” things I reluctantly have to partake in.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals