A Megadose Of Vitamin E 'slows Down' Alzheimer's

DaveFoster

A megadose of vitamin E 'slows down' Alzheimer's

"One group of 152 patients received a daily dose of 2,000 international units – which equates to more than 1,300g – of alpha tocopherol, a form of vitamin E.

Others received either a placebo pill, the Alzheimer’s drug memantine, or a combination of vitamin E and memantine.

Over a period of 2.3 years, patients who took the supplements alone had an annual 19 per cent reduction in the extent to which Alzheimer’s affected their daily lives compared with the placebo group.

The effect amounted to a ‘clinically meaningful’ delay of 6.2 months in a worsening ability to deal with daily activities such as shopping, preparing meals and travelling, says a report in the Journal of the American Medical Association.

Neither the drug nor a combination of memantine and vitamin E were as beneficial.

Compared with those taking vitamin E, the group taking dummy pills lost three or more units on average."

heartnhands

A megadose of vitamin E 'slows down' Alzheimer's

"One group of 152 patients received a daily dose of 2,000 international units – which equates to more than 1,300g – of alpha tocopherol, a form of vitamin E.

Others received either a placebo pill, the Alzheimer’s drug memantine, or a combination of vitamin E and memantine.

Over a period of 2.3 years, patients who took the supplements alone had an annual 19 per cent reduction in the extent to which Alzheimer’s affected their daily lives compared with the placebo group.

The effect amounted to a ‘clinically meaningful’ delay of 6.2 months in a worsening ability to deal with daily activities such as shopping, preparing meals and travelling, says a report in the Journal of the American Medical Association.

Neither the drug nor a combination of memantine and vitamin E were as beneficial.

Compared with those taking vitamin E, the group taking dummy pills lost three or more units on average."

Sounds interesting Dave Foster....Thanks for posting...Do you know what the difference is in the oily quality of Vitamin E and Puffa...Somewhere I heard something about the benefits but I've forgotten since. Is there a particularly clean form of Vitamin E that's been cost effective and metabolically strong?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Interesting, but 1300 g o_O:eek: ? I guess must 1300 mg
That would be 1300 mg.
Sounds interesting Dave Foster....Thanks for posting...Do you know what the difference is in the oily quality of Vitamin E and Puffa...Somewhere I heard something about the benefits but I've forgotten since. Is there a particularly clean form of Vitamin E that's been cost effective and metabolically strong?
I'm not sure what you're asking. Unique E does not contain PUFA, and it can be found here: Amazon.com: UNIQUE E 120 Softgels: Health & Personal Care

I recommend eating at least a small amount of fat with it. Ray does not recommend more than 400 IU once per week.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals