A Map Of The United States Based On Subjective Reports Of "good Air"

OP
energyandstruct
This map generally lines up with my experience but just has a lot of spots it leaves off so imo it needs more data

SOMO

NYC has a 2.5 on that map.

Although Manhattan is very crowded, I think the car traffic/pollution is not too horrible because NY has one of the most convenient (not best) public transportation systems of any state.

But it is surrounded by water and there are plenty of parks, which I think filters the air.

For a city as densely populated as NY, I think the air quality is better than some other states.

That being said, when I go to Pennsylvania, which is only 1.25 hours away there is a noticeable difference in air quality (it's much better.)

30 minutes away into New Jersey and the air quality is worse.

A few hours away in Massachusetts and the AIR and WATER quality is superior (the air smells...colder and more refreshing?) and the water does not leave my skin dry.

OP
energyandstruct
NYC has a 2.5 on that map.

Although Manhattan is very crowded, I think the car traffic/pollution is not too horrible because NY has one of the most convenient (not best) public transportation systems of any state.

But it is surrounded by water and there are plenty of parks, which I think filters the air.

For a city as densely populated as NY, I think the air quality is better than some other states.

I haven't been to nyc since I've been very ill, but I have heard from people that are sensitive that it's better than other east coast cities air wise and has good pockets of air. I imagine part of this is due to being located on the ocean and getting negative ion breezes. I think further inland suburbs like Westchester probably have worse air from what I've heard

But I've also heard from some people that were really sensitive and couldn't heal in nyc. They had to go to pristine wilderness to heal.

OP
energyandstruct
Problematic Locations

* For people who are already sick with toxic mold illness, the amount of this toxin in the outdoor air in particularly problematic places appears to have the potential of keeping them just as sick as if they continued to live in all but the most problematic buildings (e.g. worst 1% of all buildings). Hoping that mold-injured patients can move into even a pristine building and make any progress at all in a location where the air is particularly problematic with regard to this substance may not be realistic, therefore.

The skyline of Wichita, a city where a number of mold avoiders have reported doing well.

* In our experience, most major cities have at least a moderate amount of this toxin present at least some of the time. Many smaller cities do as well. Cities that have relatively little of it (such as Palm Springs, Santa Cruz, Wichita, Albuquerque and — with scattered problem days — Las Vegas) tend to be ones where people recovering from toxic mold illness often do relatively well.

* Some locations are particularly affected by this toxin, according to the reports of people doing extreme mold avoidance. These same locations also tend to generate many reports of sufferers having a hard time recovering no matter how many times they move (or what kinds of ERMI scores their new homes get, how many times they start fresh with new belongings, or what kind of medical treatments or other treatments they receive). Although this is not a comprehensive list, places in the U.S. that I believe to be bad enough to be considered as an important factor for people who are not recovering as expected include the following: Ann Arbor (MI); Dallas-Ft. Worth (TX); Truckee-Tahoe (CA-NV); most of the SF Bay Area (only very sporadically in SF itself — much more consistently and strongly affected are Mountain View, Berkeley/Richmond/Oakland and certain other towns in the area); scattered other towns in northern California (a few of these include Petaluma, Monterey, Sacramento, Fresno and Grass Valley); at least some parts of western Oregon (including Eugene and Portland); much or possibly all of Delaware and NJ; Washington (DC); at least some of the Boston area; at least parts of upstate NY; and at least parts of Alabama and Louisiana. The “Mystery Toxin” in these places seems to rise well above ground, with a number of people reporting being able to detect it in an airplane prior to landing.

A sign near the Smithsonian National Zoological Park in Washington, D.C., providing an alert about sewage dumping.

* The entire Tucson/Phoenix area (with the possible exception of Scottsdale) is significantly but somewhat less intensely contaminated with this toxin — a factor worth mentioning since that is a prototypical area where many people hope that they can get better from mold illness. (Of course, the indoor molds and pesticides present in many buildings in this area are not helpful either.) Getting out of the basin (e.g. east to Benson, north to Happy Valley, or at least a few thousand feet up into the mountains) seems to be required in order to escape the “Mystery Toxin” in this area.

* My own hometown of Chicago feels quite problematic with regard to this substance in winter but (at least in the city and northern suburbs) pretty much okay in summer. In general, the more that patients decline during the winter months, the more likely it may be that this substance is playing a role in their issues.

* This substance appears to be quite prevalent in Canada. I would not eliminate the possibility that patients living in any civilized area of Canada are getting enough exposure to this toxin to be having a big effect on them, though this presents a challenge since many patients living in Canada do not have the easy ability to move out of the country. The best reports from Canada seem to come from Vancouver and Victoria, though these areas apparently are not wholly clear of this substance either.

* Two international locations that seem to be particularly affected by this toxin are Rome and Taipei. I suspect that it may be an issue throughout much of Scandinavia and the UK as well (explaining at least part of the reason why people from those places often do so much better when on holiday in places known to be good locations), but we will need more reports from people who are familiar with the toxin to confirm that. Whether it is an issue in other places is unclear.

OP
energyandstruct
I think ray has chosen to live where he does in mexico not just bc of the fresh food and medications but bc of the air

OP
energyandstruct
Here's my personal thoughts on the best locations based on air. Areas near taos new mexico but not the downtown.
Abiquiu NM. Areas around the rim of the grand canyon. The tiny areas of death valley ive been to have generally been great, zabriskie point, blm land near death valley entrance...

Ancient bristlecone pine forest, probably the most incredible air ive had on earth, ancient biome at 10000 feet in eastern sierras...

Monongahela national forest west virginia.

in the summer parts of the outskirts, suburbs of vegas, actually have good air, gets a lot worse in winter. sedona az pretty good. red rock canyon, near vegas. Mt charleston.

pahrump, nv is pretty decent if not incredible.
shenandoah national park in virginia

alamogordo just medium... not terrible or great... but that was in winter, which is often a tough season, would love to revisit in summer. petrified forest area, in arizona.

places that I found to have bad outdoor air (not just buildings). Albuquerque in winter, but not homogenous across the city--i found some decent spots on the outskirts closer to the desert, it flairs really bad with storms. Most of vegas near the strip, downtown, and north vegas. its just summerlin that ive found to be okay. Flagstaff, but to be fair there are a lot of fires there and a puppy chow factory, maybe its good some of the time. Las vegas, new mexico. northeast area of vermont, at least in spring and summer. much of the suburban parts of virginia near shenandoah, i forget many of the town names though...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals