A Low-fat High-carbohydrate Diet Reduces Plasma Total Adiponectin Concentrations

Peatit

Hugh Johnson

I have no idea what that actually means, but I looked up adiponectin, whatever that is. Wikipedia mentioned the following.

Similarly, circulating adiponectin concentrations increase during caloric restriction in animals and humans, such as in patients with anorexia nervosa. This observation is surprising, given that adiponectin is produced by adipose tissue; however, a recent study suggests that adipose tissue within bone marrow, which increases during caloric restriction, contributes to elevated circulating adiponectin in this context.[7]
Mice fed the omega-3 fatty acidseicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) have shown increased plasma adiponectin.[28]
I'm not quite confident that the reduction of adiponectin concentrations are a bad thing. Although, if you can conceptualize this better, I'd be grateful.

NathanK

Fwiw, statins, berberine (which acts like metformin), and PUFA increases adiponectin

paymanz

it is from OP study , results are not very clearly show claimed tittle upload_2016-12-3_0-26-49.png

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/sucrose-and-fructose-increase-adiponectin.13889