Attachments

• ah09ae5ksrngob3g1rjh.jpg
    ah09ae5ksrngob3g1rjh.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 407

michael94

icecreamlover said:
post 107088
Rachel said:
post 76176 Boulder Canyon has recently come out with Coconut Oil Kettle Chips.
The ingredients are potatoes, coconut oil and sea salt.
http://www.bouldercanyonfoods.com/produ ... ttle-chips

look great

is amazon the best place to buy this or somewhere know of a better price?

EDIT: these seem to have been discontinued? cant find anywhere

there are these which seem quite good although might want to shop around for a better deal

amazon

was hoping for a decent price alternative to making my own but guess I gotta set aside some more time

good option for those with a bit more cash and strapped for time

Last edited by a moderator:

zightlight

I'm curious about candy, for instance chocolate or gummy bears when you can't make your own. What are the best/worst ingredients to watch for in candy? Which ingredients are an acceptable compromise? Any suggested brands? Thanks!

The-WC

What about the regular captain crunch? Isnt the corn because its GMO troublesome?

Ulla

Having friends over...
would that be okay to eat? I would say that yes...but still need to check here :)
Of course I would use fat free milk.

Dr. Oetker Original Pudding Vanille
dr-oetker-original-pudding-vanille.jpg

Ingredients:

(corn) starch, salt, aroma, beta carotin

Cooking Instructions:

1. Mix powder with 3 tablespoons (40g) of sugar. Stir into 6 tablespoons out of 500ml of milk till you have a smooth texture.

2. Bring remainder of milk to the boil. Remove pot from hob and stir the prepared powder in.

3. Bring to the boil again, stirring constantly

Can be enjoyed warm and cold!

M

marikay

Boulder Canyon now has coconut oil potato chips. I don't know how widely distributed they are yet (nor what their exact ingredients are), but they might be worth looking for in your local store. They're at Sprouts in my area.

Boulder Canyon is now selling coconut oil potato chips at Ralph's in Southern California. Ralph's is a huge chain, hundreds of stores.

CoolTweetPete

Whole Foods sells both products.

Oddly my local Whole Foods only has Jackson's Honest potato chips, but only the vinegar flavored ones. Patiently waiting for the tortilla chips. :salute

Ulla

Anyone has any second thoughts for corn starch in pudding mix?

tara

would that be okay to eat?
Unless your friends are particularly sensitive, I'd expect it to be fine. Some people here would probably avoid it because they don't eat starch, some because they don't eat grains or flours. Don't know what the 'aroma' ingredient is. Beta carotin may not be a great addition for hypothyroid folk, but as a once off, it's probably only a small amount (colouring, I assume). For others, probably no issue at all.

Personally, I'd eat it if I wasn't having trouble with too much milk, but I might slightly prefer to make my own custard with starch or milk pudding with gelatin to avoid the beta carotin and the unknown. I'd definitely want the starch to be cooked.

Rachel

EDIT: these seem to have been discontinued? cant find anywhere

there are these which seem quite good although might want to shop around for a better deal

amazon

was hoping for a decent price alternative to making my own but guess I gotta set aside some more time

good option for those with a bit more cash and strapped for time
They still exist. Apparently, they aren't widely disributed... yet. I haven't been able to find them locally in San Antonio.

Luann

Skittles (always made with palm kernel) and coconut longboys. Is there like coconut oil microwave popcorn that comes prepackaged, cause that would be delicious

scarlettsmum

Nobody's perfect. Sometimes you need some cheat foods. Here are a few junk food items that still don't contain much or any PUFA:

• Captain Crunch Berries: cereal, uses coconut oil
• Trader Joe's Bread Sticks: packaged food, uses olive oil
• Bugles: corn chip snack, uses coconut oil (this is probably the only non-PUFA bagged snack you can buy at a QuickTrip)

Oh and I've got a PUFA-avoidance trick to share:

• use plain greek yogurt as a substitute for mayonnaise — not as good, but still has that tanginess and a somewhat similar texture — man, do I miss mayonnaise...

I know there is a thread of commercial Peat-style foods, but these junk foods are a little different. They're "mainstream" foods, available at regular 'ole grocery stores, of a food category that typically features lots of PUFA, but somehow non-PUFA versions also exist.

Do y'all know of any others?

You could make your own mayo with MCT oil

Simonsays

What about the new genetically modified Thyrocarrotestone chips fried in organic ghee or the Cococoffevitepirin low fat milkshake currently under development by Haidut?:raypeatcoffee Rays mad for it!:p

whit

I just saw a bag of Wonka gummies at a shell gas station the other day made with fruit juice and gelatin.
Aldi brand gummies are a staple for our kids. Shhh the adults like 'em too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals