"...a history of unscientific and dangerous practices...

4peatssake

Ray Peat said:
The history of conventional medicine is mainly a history of unscientific and dangerous practices. Medical alternatives were introduced by conscientious workers to avoid the dangers of conventional medicine. But alternative approaches to medicine, especially nutritional therapies, have come to be influenced or even dominated by the same giant industries that control conventional medicine.

Source: From PMS to Menopause: Female Hormones in Context

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Wow. Sometimes it seems like the influx has started here. :P

Keep it Peaty. :P

OP
4peatssake

4peatssake

Charlie said:
Wow. Sometimes it seems like the influx has started here. :P

Keep it Peaty. :P
Yup, must separate the Peat from the chaff. ;)
Too much chaff.

pboy

I just read that quote for the first time...awesome, and sadly apparently true. Even many or most of the alternative 'health' advice simply speaks the same
lingo as the doctors, puts out the same vibes of helplessness, and hardly gets to the root of anything significant. Theres pretty much no science involved, or skewed science...which actually defeats the definition of science...which is supposed to be test, results, record openly and accurately, test, results, record openly and accurately...but instead many in the health field follow the model of test...no result, test...no control, no variable, lying about affects, holding your tongue, completely making things up, feign test, no result...next!

pboy

I also just gotta say...its amazing how quiet people just let themselves suffer or perpetuate harmful information. I used to work in a health food store...and initially I bought into a lot of things, tried all kinds of stuff, cooked up everything from scratch, tried all the latest things...ect, and most of the time there was significant side effects which were just put off as detox or some bs...but no one else was even talking about anything, or would admit anything, unless I really opened up first and provoked a conversation, and even then they might quietly hint or admit to something but then not say much beyond that...and I'm like..man, if that's hurting people or leading them around in a worthless cycle or neuroticism, how can you just sit and not say anything, at least put stuff out there and talk about it. But most people almost seem little more capable than regurgitation, even if its to their own or others detriment. Pro thyroid = pro having a voice, and often some balls underneath it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals