A Good Urea Supplement? (BESIDES PEE!)

EndAllDisease

Hey guys,
I just listened to a couple podcasts Ray did with the Herb doctors on Urea and want to experiment with it.

However, the fact that some people selling it do it for dying fabric and the packages say 'not for internal use' makes me a little hesitant to buy. I think that and the fact that it's a component of urine means most people will never reap the benefits of this substance for themselves.

Anyways, can anybody recommend a good powdered urea source?

Is there any reason, in your opinion, to not buy this one?
Jacquard 1 lb. Powdered Urea 743772100805 | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:

Nokoni

Nokoni

In what way was it extremely beneficial?
I've got a topical steroid-induced eczema. The relief has been fantastic. And healing for every type of skin issue seems greatly accelerated. To me it's been a godsend and my family now uses it for everything from chapped skin on up. We put it in spray bottles that we keep all over the house. Use it for skin issues on the cats too.

EIRE24

I've got a topical steroid-induced eczema. The relief has been fantastic. And healing for every type of skin issue seems greatly accelerated. To me it's been a godsend and my family now uses it for everything from chapped skin on up. We put it in spray bottles that we keep all over the house. Use it for skin issues on the cats too.
Wow, so you just mix it with water and apply?

Nokoni

Wow, so you just mix it with water and apply?
Most water soluble thing imaginable. Bet you could fill a cup to the brim with it, then add water to the brim, stir, and it would all dissolve. It would at least come close. Yeah, I mix it in big distilled water bottles from the grocery for refilling the spray bottles. On particular problems, like a cut, put the crystals right on the problem and push it in with a damp finger. Amazing stuff.

managing

Anybody care to elaborate more on what its uses are? First time I've come across it.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I think the healing effect is based on Dr. Gilbert Ling's role of the protein in the cell. It is activated by ATP, it opens up the protein chains, and the exposed negative charge states preferentially attract potassium over sodium, that's how Dr. Ling discovered how the cell stores potassium, and also both charge states attract and polarize water molecules such that all water in the cell is in a gel-like state. Plus this 'structured' water is proton deficient, therefor the cell content is negatively charged, causing a charge build-up at the cell membrane the so-called (ill-defined in most biology books) 'cell wall potential'. From Ling's book 'Life at the Cell and Below Cell Level':

Gilbert Ling Protein ATP.jpg

Now you add urea: It causes the ATP to be released by the protein and it folds back, releasing the stored water and potassium. I think it causes a 'reset' to the protein which allows healing. I think I read that CO2 does that too, that would explain Dr. Peat's story (although he doesn't elaborate on the exact mechanism for the water release):

„KG: What do you think about hyperbaric oxygen chambers that cancer patients have gone into to try to get rid of the damage from radiation and chemo?

RP: If the circulation is completely destroyed to an area as in gangrene, high pressure oxygen can get the tissue; keep it alive by diffusing into the tissue. So, for like a wound, a puncture wound, with damaged blood vessels, high-¬pressure oxygen can help it recover. But the situation in the brain in which too much oxygen shuts down the blood vessels, the oxygen is actually preventing proper delivery of oxygen to the brain. I knew someone who was treating cancer patients with high-‐pressure oxygen – I think 200% of normal pressure. He tried adding some CO2 to the atmosphere inside the chamber and he got a little too much in and the patient lost consciousness. He hadn’t been able to speak at all because of cancer in his throat, but he was unconscious in the machine for a while as the person tried to remedy the excess CO2, and during that time the windows steamed up and so that the doctor couldn’t see what was happening in the chamber.

KG: Doesn’t sound like a very stable scenario.

RP: Very scary situation. When he finally got the pressure down and the chamber open, the person was recovered as his CO2 went down. He woke up and he could talk.

KG: What does this mean?

RP: The bedding he had been lying on was soaked, he was almost floating in water from perspiration and his breath had produced so much vapour that it plugged up the windows. The CO2 basically improved the acidity of his cell proteins, so that they could excrete the water. In the cancer situations, cells lose their CO2 production and with the low energy become waterlogged, soak up too much water and can’t do anything but grow. So apparently the CO2 helped his cells to excrete the water very fast, so it was just pouring out of all of his pores and through his lungs and kidneys and he could talk normally and he felt very good when he woke up."

The observed water release can in my opinion only be explained by the ATP unlocking from the protein, thereby causing the protein to release potassium and stored water. But would that not cause dangerous high potassium levels in the blood?

Source: It's Rainmaking Time - Energy Protective Materials (June 14)

There is also an interesting article regarding the restoration of hard boiled egg white using urea and a mechanical means to untangle the protein chains:

Scientists Have Found A Way To Unboil Egg Whites

So could urea and CO2 therefore reverse cell damage?

yerrag

I was hoping I could understand urea and its properties and relate these to its use. I've read and heard what I can from Peat but still it comes to me as a total blank. But zi keep wanting to understand it and I'll rehash the interviews at KMUD. I've probably done it at least 3x already. It just keeps going over my head.

Is there a beginner's guide to urea? If it's too complicated, can we have a list of its uses? If it's so helpful, why isn't it in a first aid kit, or available OTC in Walgreens? Is it ever used in a hospital? Or by vets? Do naturopathic doctors even use it? Ad far as most people are concerned, it's not even heard of unless you're a farmer and use it as a fertilizer.

yerrag

I couldn't source out a pharma grade of urea. So I went to an agricultural supply store where I'd seen it before, sold in 1 kg bags as uniform white balls. It's like mothballs, but much brighter white and much much smaller at about 3mm diameter. I bought it for the equivalent of a dollar, brought it home, and crushed it to powder with a mortar and pestle.

I applied it on my cats wounds on the neck. It came from a scratch from another cat, but because the cat was scratching it, the wound grew larger, and it started oozing liquid that became a big blot on the neck. It was hard to apply propolis tincture or a garlic-honey poultice, as the cat kept moving. Probably she felt a reaction to the tinctures, and kept wiggling away.

I had to buy the urea just for the cat. I applied it on her as a powder, and she was more cooperative. By then her wound was starting to bulge, becoming edematous, but the next day it had subsided. I continued to apply the powder, but it was still not easy. So I dissolved the urea in water, and sure enough it was so soluble, and I applied the urea solution with a dropper.

The cat looked very dirty with the splotch of liquid around her neck, but throughout the episode she was acting normal, and her appetiti never diminished. I think cats recover easily from minor wounds without external intervention, but the sight of her disheveled appearance makes me want to at least do something.

I think the urea was helpful just the same. The wound seems to be healing well. I read that compared to antibiotics, the healing of the flesh was more "granular," and I suppose what I'm seeing is what that meant.

I don't really know the purity level of the urea, but if its white color is a basis, it seems pretty clean to me. A kilo of it is gonna last me a last time. I'm going to have to keep it in a sealed container, with a dessicant. When in powder form, and lying exposed to air, it absorbs water from the air, and in a short time it becomes liquid.

I think it is safe to apply to a wound. I don't know when I'm going to get a wound, but when I have one I'd like to see how the healing would be like. If the healing is more granular, would it result in less or no more scarlike effects? Btw, as the urea reacts with water, it cools off also. It must also be why the cat wasn't reacting as much to it, given the cooling effect from the endothermic nature of the reaction.

No wonder Don likes it so much. I now understand why I was told to pee on my foot once when I stepped on a sea urchin and got its twills embedded in my skin. It must be the urea component of urine that did it. I won't be peeing on any wound though lol. I'll just use urea.

I thought about another cat who had died. He was my favorite. I realized that had I known about urea and its use in wound healing, he might very well have survived. He had been having paresthesia for the longest time where he would be very touchy when his back was rubbed. One day, he was trapped in a space between two neighboring fences. Normally, cats would just scale the fence and it was no biggy. But he couldn't do it, so I had to tie a bowtie around his chest and lift him up. I found out that one of his hind legs was paralyzed, or had no strength. He spent the last two months just wobbling on 3 legs. It was shortly later after his paralysis that I discovered a hidden wound on his back. It may have come from a scratch, but when the scratch healed, there was a foreign item embedded on the skin. It wasn't really healed, but just concealed by the fur. When I saw it, I knew then what had been causing his problem. I treated the wound, and pulled out a long green ropelike substance from it. It looked like pus that had solidified. That was how bad it was. I only applied saline water to it, and had him on an antibiotic from the vet. I think the antibiotic worsened his condition and two weeks later he was dead.

What I should have done was to apply urea to that wound, and gave him vitamin C and copper acetate as an antibiotic. The urea is very useful because it cleans up the debri from dead cells, and keeps the dead cells from becoming necrotic tissue. While urea has a slight antibiotic effect, that it is cleaning up the debri from dead cells in itself is keeping infection from getting worse. So, yeah, urea deserves a place in our first aid kit. It's also known as carbamide.

Last edited:

Nokoni

@yerrag Yes, the would healing effects border on magic. I'm very glad to hear that it's helping your cat, as I am sorry to hear about your lost furry friend. I use it on my cats too. When applied to an open would, it will sting just a bit for a few minutes, but then it actually becomes anesthetic. The pain becomes noticeably diminished. My method is to directly apply the crystals and add a drop or two of water to help it suffuse into the wound. Experience has taught me that it does have one potential down side to keep in mind. When applied regularly it softens the skin. This is usually good, but not so good on, for example, elbows. The skin there actually began peeling away, so apparently that skin needs to stay relatively tough.

ddjd

Not orally/internally then?

yerrag

@yerrag Yes, the would healing effects border on magic. I'm very glad to hear that it's helping your cat, as I am sorry to hear about your lost furry friend. I use it on my cats too. When applied to an open would, it will sting just a bit for a few minutes, but then it actually becomes anesthetic. The pain becomes noticeably diminished. My method is to directly apply the crystals and add a drop or two of water to help it suffuse into the wound. Experience has taught me that it does have one potential down side to keep in mind. When applied regularly it softens the skin. This is usually good, but not so good on, for example, elbows. The skin there actually began peeling away, so apparently that skin needs to stay relatively tough.
Thanks for the tips. I haven't used it on myself, but will be ready to try it when there's an opportunity. I am hoping that there will be less scarring when using this.

smith

How much urea is in a cup of Peaty urine? How could it efficiently be extracted?

managing

I have used urea 4 times and have had a strange response each time.

I feel good. Perhaps a little detached and too calm, but good. And then about 4-5 hours later, an irresistible urge to sleep. I mean really strong. Low blood sugar?

I've used it twice topically and twice orally. Just a teaspoon or so at a time. The urge to sleep is same each time regardless of mode of use.

The topical application was to a mild wound on my forearm. Didn't really seem to heal it quickly, totally subjective opinion. But, this is also curious, several weeks later, there is a cluster of hair where the former wound was that is darker, thicker, longer, and more numerous than any other area on the forearm!

Thoughts?????

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals