A Good B-complex

Tcrazyjam

Hi, it seems that i do not take enough b-vitamines through my petarian diet, what brand for b complex do you prefer ?
Thanks. David from germany

Dan W

When I casually looked for low-excipient B-complexes last year, I had trouble finding any. I think it can be worth breaking down which B-vitamins you're deficient in, and getting individual powders.

OP
T

Tcrazyjam

thank you dan,
i think i am very deficient in vitamin b1 (since 2 months) and just a little bit b6 and b3.
But i think i will eat more potatoes if my intestinal problems are solved for b6,
so i think i will supplement niacinamide(because RP likes it) and of course b1.
maybe it can helps also against stress and my insomnia.

freal

I wondered the same thing. On iherb there are three "pure" versions. On is the b-50 Natures Way, one is Carlson b-50 softegls and Pure Encapsulations B-6 complex. By pure I mean they are free of silica, titanium dioxide, cellulose,polywhatever garbage.

They are not very balanced, especially the b-50 one, I would only take 1/2 capsules and add more b-5 and b-3.

J

j.

Has anyone found a good B Complex? Jarrow Formulas' B-Right is the most popular at iherb, but one reviewer at amazon trashes the product as containing a type of "cancer causing" folic acid.

Kray

j. said:
Has anyone found a good B Complex? Jarrow Formulas' B-Right is the most popular at iherb, but one reviewer at amazon trashes the product as containing a type of "cancer causing" folic acid.

How about this one? It also comes in a 2oz size. This is a good company imo. I'm not sure about the source of the b vitamins as being any problem as compared to getting it from foods directly. Let me know what you think.

http://www.amazon.com/Max-B-ND--Premier ... r+stress+b

Kray

Lin said:
It looked good till I read the negative reviews... :eek:

Do the reviews have to do with a change in the formula, or vague labeling? Can you provide a link for the benefit of others? Thanks :)

4peatssake

classicallady said:
Lin said:

Do the reviews have to do with a change in the formula, or vague labeling? Can you provide a link for the benefit of others? Thanks :)
These 3 were on Amazon.
One star reviews

4peatssake

I'm holding out for Haidut's B Vitamin Cocktail. ;)

Kray

4peatssake said:
classicallady said:
Lin said:

These 3 were on Amazon.
One star reviews

Thanks, yes, I saw those while searching out the product.

I found this link from a distributor. See first paragraph under "Description". http://www.radiantlifecatalog.com/produ ... upplements

I contacted the manufacturer. The person I spoke with (a chiropractor- can't remember his name) didn't know anything about these claims, said that distributors may put their own info out in selling the product, and that the formula hasn't changed as far as he knows. fyi

Poppyseed13

Hello!

I have been experimenting with B vitamins. Some of the brands I've tried:

Pure Encapsulations (some variations of b-complex vitamins)
Douglas Laboratories (ditto)
Source Naturals
Nature's Way B-50 Complex

I like them all, but have finally resorted to taking all b vitamins individually---Why? because I need different amounts than what the complexes provide.

Cheers,
Poppyseed13

Kray

Poppyseed13 said:
Hello!

I have been experimenting with B vitamins. Some of the brands I've tried:

Pure Encapsulations (some variations of b-complex vitamins)
Douglas Laboratories (ditto)
Source Naturals
Nature's Way B-50 Complex

I like them all, but have finally resorted to taking all b vitamins individually---Why? because I need different amounts than what the complexes provide.

Cheers,
Poppyseed13

Thanks for sharing!

johnwester130

go to ebay

type in b complex

the cheapest capsules contain super low doses of the b vitamins

Nutritional Information
Amount per 1 Tablet serving provides 100% RDA (NRV) for all B-Vitamins:-

Thiamin (Vitamin B1) - 1.1mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) - 1.4mg
Niacin (Vitamin B3) - 16mg
Panthothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) - 6mg
Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) - 1.4mg
Biotin (Vitamin B7) - 50mcg
Folic Acid (Vitamin B9) - 200mcg
Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) - 2.5mcg

johnwester130

When I casually looked for low-excipient B-complexes last year, I had trouble finding any. I think it can be worth breaking down which B-vitamins you're deficient in, and getting individual powders.

i think i have done it, I have found the perfect b supplement and have to tell everyone about it

Vitamin B Compound Strong BP [28 x 6 packs] - Vitamin B1, B2, B3 & B6 | eBay

20mg Nicotinamide,
2mg Pyridoxine Hyrochloride,
2mg Riboflavine,
4.85mg Thiamine Mononitrate

it's low dose - check
non methylated - check
no b9/b12/paba/choline or inositol - check
low dose b2 and b6 - check

Ingredients: Sodium benzoate (E211), Sorbic acid (E200).

Frankdee20

That's actually a good job finding one within those parameters. What's wrong with methylfolate and methylcobalamin ?

johnwester130

That's actually a good job finding one within those parameters. What's wrong with methylfolate and methylcobalamin ?

please read the thread called Energin.

they say b9/b12/choline/inositol cause methylation, and that b6 and b2 need to be low dose.

this is seriously the best complex i have ever found, and it is just some cheap pharma drug.

this is why b5 may be harmful
https://raypeatforum.com/community/...ietary-supplement-with-b-vitamins.3859/page-8

methylated b6 and methylated b2 give some people horrible symptoms

Frankdee20

Whats wrong with methylation if you're able to balance that with B3 ?

johnwester130

Whats wrong with methylation if you're able to balance that with B3 ?

i am no expert

It's just that in peat's writing, he almost never mentions to supplement with b9/b12/choline or inositol or PABA

just google peat and methylation, he explains it

Last edited:

Frankdee20

Yeah I know he doesn't like those, I don't take one with PABA or Choline or Inositol. I'm sure you've got a good one, and almost all include 9, and 12.