1. SALE EXTENDED!!! Thanksgiving Sale 10% Off LifeGivingStore.com Till Monday December 9th @ Midnight With Coupon Code: THANKS2019
    Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

A Gallon Of Orange Juice? (Ray Peat's Daily Sugar Intake)

Discussion in 'Macros & Micros' started by Logan-, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Sourdoughbanana

Sourdoughbanana Member

Reading this forum has been super interesting. I can relate to some of the symptoms associated with starch consumption.

I am going to try this way of eating for a while:
    - the animal sources Ray recommends, salted to taste
    - leafy greens on the side (the non-goitrogen ones) for added vitamins and minerals
    - snack on fruits all day, orange juice being high potassium, that's perfect. Apples are nice too.
    - extra baking soda during my workouts

that's a whopping 1g of starch! Quite exciting.

2. Kemby

Kemby Member

Business
    I'm on more than 500gm carbs a day. 150-200gm of that from white granulated, the rest fruit and milk I eat potatoes too.

3. REOSIRENS

REOSIRENS Member

Too much orange juice will increase parathyroid...make sure calcium is in your diet

4. jitsmonkey

jitsmonkey Member

as far as Ray and OJ you also have to remember he lives/has lived in a climate not friendly to Oranges.
    I've lived in Oregon in winter and its hit or miss whether the OJ available be it packaged or fresh is even drinkable
    so that may play into why different people recall hearing different numbers. When I was in Oregon there were times I was
    consuming 2-3 quarts a day and then there were times where I be drinking none simply because the quality was so poor.