A fundamental conflict

pboy

I believe all people go through an internal conflict from birth, trying to decide whether or not life if a good, nurturing, intelligent process, or a desolate, cold, mechanized process. This goes along with the famous Einstein quote about the fundamental question you should ask yourself is whether or not you think the universe is a loving supporting universe or an unforgiving hostile universe.

This is kinda deep and personal so don't read if you don't want to! I think deep down, we are never ready to die, and therefore desperate to live, until we have proved to ourselves without a doubt that the universe is indeed intelligent, loving and nurturing, or else we will always be in perpetual fear that after we die, we may simply cease to exist or suffer some terrible fate, whereas if and when we've proven to ourselves the goodness of the universe, then we also believe that this same spirit will carry on after we die into something equally or more positive. Life is full of 'winds' , a term I made up, which are unproven aspects of life within our consciousness...things like bad experiences, uncertainty, patterns that don't line up, confusion, conflict between what we heard/read and our intuition, ect, that have to do with or nag at us that...hey, the universe might not be that good ...and we continuously will suffer the fear and doubt these winds cause until we dispel the fears through experience. Therefore...asking for or looking outside yourself for answers doesn't lead you very far, because ultimately you have to face the fear and dispel it yourself through actually doing it, and seeing that it was only a fear, proving to youself the true goodness of the universe. We must through fire, passion, or frustration, jump into the fear, realize it wasn't something bad afterall, and ultimately realize the goodness of life as a whole

This is why I always respect people's personal fire, and why I believe saying things unproven by yourself, lying, or spreading fear is the most disrespectful thing people can do. When people work together, jump into the fire together, dispel fear together, and motivate eachother it is one of the most invigorating things and has a special aura to it

Dan W

I think about this kind of thing a lot, and I like your philosophical comments here and on Peatarian. Have you ever considered writing something for Vision and Acceptance?

OP
P

pboy

Thanks for the link Dan Wich, gonna listen to some of those podcasts today...I sort of just write spontaneously. I always love reading about other's thoughts and experiences

gretchen

We know the world is what we make it. We create the world. If what surrounds you reinforces the belief that life is hostile, it's your own creation.

OTOH, people are hostile and so is the world, so we have been instructed to forgive and turn the other cheek, and not be affected. Sending forth love and forgiveness neutralizes and can cancel out hostility, and is a great protection.

I agree, I think many are trying to prove to themselves that the world is intelligent loving and nurturing, but what most are also learning is that you get what you give. If you want love, give love. Etc.

If people study they will learn that life is Eternal and there is no such thing as death, so there's no need to worry about not existing, since that isn't a possibility.

Learning to overcome doubt and develop faith can be a lifelong endeavor. It can be consumed which frees a person to do more, which builds belief.

Falsehood is well established in the Earth and few challenge it, saying instead that it is OK. But if you really believe, you know deep down that you must seek, and that there is a Truth that you can know that will set you free. You know that you must get understanding, if it's one of your main objectives, because to have wisdom is good. And you have to at some point get it that it's not a group project, it's something you yourself must take the first step towards. And then and only then, once you have the truth, can you give it to others.

It's great though when people work together on a project that is good, but it seems like so many people don't bother to find out what is true, because they have no commitment, and expect others to do all the work. Groups that band together to shut out the truth are also bad.

This past week I watched a film about the building of the Parthenon in Athens. Imagine if everyone said Pericles was crazy or no, we really don't need to build this for Pallas Athena. But that would happen today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Da6DWvppeA

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals