A Central Role For JNK(inflammation) In Obesity And Insulin Resistance

paymanz

A central role for JNK in obesity and insulin resistance. - PubMed - NCBI

Obesity is closely associated with insulin resistance and establishes the leading risk factor for type 2 diabetes mellitus, yet the molecular mechanisms of this association are poorly understood. The c-Jun amino-terminal kinases (JNKs) can interfere with insulin action in cultured cells and are activated by inflammatory cytokines and free fatty acids, molecules that have been implicated in the development of type 2 diabetes. Here we show that JNK activity is abnormally elevated in obesity. Furthermore, an absence of JNK1 results in decreased adiposity, significantly improved insulin sensitivity and enhanced insulin receptor signalling capacity in two different models of mouse obesity. Thus, JNK is a crucial mediator of obesity and insulin resistance and a potential target for therapeutics.

Last edited:

beachbum

A central role for JNK in obesity and insulin resistance. - PubMed - NCBI

Obesity is closely associated with insulin resistance and establishes the leading risk factor for type 2 diabetes mellitus, yet the molecular mechanisms of this association are poorly understood. The c-Jun amino-terminal kinases (JNKs) can interfere with insulin action in cultured cells and are activated by inflammatory cytokines and free fatty acids, molecules that have been implicated in the development of type 2 diabetes. Here we show that JNK activity is abnormally elevated in obesity. Furthermore, an absence of JNK1 results in decreased adiposity, significantly improved insulin sensitivity and enhanced insulin receptor signalling capacity in two different models of mouse obesity. Thus, JNK is a crucial mediator of obesity and insulin resistance and a potential target for therapeutics.
So, can JNK be fix so to speak. Is this something to do with a protein?

OP
P

paymanz

Last edited:

beachbum

Idk about protein.....??! No I don't think so.
But I think it just showing a connection between inflammation/free fatty acids and obesity,diabetes...

Free fatty acids and endotoxins play a big role to activate them.so controlling them is important...
Inflammation Mediates Free Fatty Acid-induced Insulin Resistance

jnk | Ray Peat Forum
Th.ank you. I have been reading over and over threads on insullin and coming to the conclusion IMO that it is the culprit of over weight in some people and disease. I am reading how fat in many places other then on this site how important it is to control/fix and FFA is a big factor More figuring to do for me...oh boy.