A Case For Intermittent Fasting

zztr

This is silly. Your system constantly has a fluctuating amount of cortisol. You sound like one of these people who has simplistically seized on insulin or whatever else.

Chronic undereating is bad. OK, everyone agrees. But how about we stop pretending that advising people to sip juice all day and panic about suppressing the slightest bit of stress isn't causing some big fat problems.

tara

tara

Kinobody is an avid faster and has perfect hair:
And he's how old? If he gets to 50 with a head of h
Energy usage of the body comes in 5 stages:
  1. Directly from the food in your stomach/GI.
  2. Glycogen from your liver.
  3. Glycogen from your muscles.
  4. Ketosis: from your adipose tissues (fat deposits).
  5. Starvation: from your vital organs and tissues.
We take 2-3 days to reach stage 4 and that’s when actual fasting begins. To reach stage 5, it takes the typical person 40 days, depending on body reserves, and we would look anorexic from having lost most of our fat. There is a temporary loss of some protein before stage 4 begins. Water only fasting at stage 4 is a powerful way to restore insulin sensitivity but it most likely needs a few more days, about 10, which is really about 7 days from when stage 4 began.

That looks like an oversimplification to me.
As I understand it, muscle glycogen is only available for muscles to use, and 2 and 3 occur simultaneously, right?
If stress excessively raises cortisol levels, it tends to trigger gluconeogenesis - the conversion of proteins to glucose (with some waste products that needs disposal). This can happen long before the reserve adipose tissue has been depleted. Lean tissue (organs - whether you consider them vital or not) can begin to be catabolised for energy long before the adipose reserve is depleted - for instance Peat has commented on the atrophy of the thymus gland by relatively short-term stress.
How long it takes to get through the various stages, and to what extent they overlap, seems likely to vary.

Watson350

Some fasting does have its uses but by no means is kinobody healthy. His face and skin tone look terrible and much of his gains are due to anabolic steroids. This is why he randomly lost 20 pounds of muscle, he ended his cycle. You can also see how his face structure further develops as he uses steroids. As for his hair line it takes time for a lifestyle to effect health. In five to ten years his hair will be terrible. I don't want to vilinize fasting as it does have its benefits and has been used for a very long time but it is not something to do often.
Greg Gallagher, the Kinobody founder, has neither the muscle mass nor the lean physic to constitute steroid use. Your conclusions are endogeneity errors in practice.

D

Deleted member 5487

I found a study that makes a compelling case for intermittent fasting:

Mice that were fed a high-fat diet developed obesity, hyperinsulinemia, hepatic steatosis, and inflammation.

Mice that were fed the same high-fat diet, but were restricted to an 8-hour feeding window, did not develop these symptoms. These mice ate the same total calories of the same high-fat food as the former group, yet remained lean and healthy.

The authors of the study attribute the benefits of the time-restricted feeding to a strengthening of metabolic/circadian rhythms. If nothing else, this study casts serious doubts on the "calories in, calories out" model of dieting and fat loss.

The full text is available here: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 3112001891

I have seen great success from eating in a window.

Anything less than 12 hours is beneficial 8 hours is to small. The ideal human window is 9-10.

Human enzymes are on a "clock" when eating outside this clock insulin insensitivity and other things arise. It also reduces overfeeding.

IF or intermittenfasting is great for weightless but causes many other issues. A 10 hour window is what you should shoot for.

Have a high insulin meal when you are hungry in the morning. Then hit your other big meal later that night towards the end of the clock with most of your fat eaten with that meal.

I have had great body composition changes with the following.

Brunch: Potatos with salt 2 eggs mexican coke.

Meal 2: low fat milk and fruit.

Meal 3 Post Workout=Increased insulin sensitivity= Another potato meal and meat/Milk.

Meal 4: Higher sat fat mixed with Orange juice and fruit for liver glycogen. Then awake for two hours then sleep.

D

Deleted member 5487

Greg Gallagher, the Kinobody founder, has neither the muscle mass nor the lean physic to constitute steroid use. Your conclusions are endogeneity errors in practice.

Greg or kinobody follows a basic blast and cruise steroid use.

Blast: Tren and test+ others.

Note the dryness, fullness and 3D delts. His back is completely unnatural it's ridiculous.

www.google.com/search?q=greg+o%27gallagher&client=ms-android-att-us&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi6xN3zvOfWAhWk64MKHcvOCxsQ_AUIEigB&biw=360&bih=278#imgrc=7FMmIKf66cuFQM:

"Cruise"= Low dose test or cycle off for a few months. Flat and soft
greg o'gallagher - Google Search:

See the difference?

I've been lifting a decade am the same height as Greg with great genetics. The first picture is completely unattainable. Dont fall for his marketing. Only inexperienced fools would believe he is natural. Humans are hopeful creatures, Average Joe has zero shot at becoming the first picture simply by not eating 16 hours a day and do some upper body compound movements.

He may not use now or simply does TRY. But he defiently has.

Last edited by a moderator:

Watson350

Greg or kinobody follows a basic blast and cruise steroid use.

Blast: Tren and test+ others.

Note the dryness, fullness and 3D delts. His back is completely unnatural it's ridiculous.

www.google.com/search?q=greg+o%27gallagher&client=ms-android-att-us&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi6xN3zvOfWAhWk64MKHcvOCxsQ_AUIEigB&biw=360&bih=278#imgrc=7FMmIKf66cuFQM:

"Cruise"= Low dose test or cycle off for a few months. Flat and soft
greg o'gallagher - Google Search:

See the difference?

I've been lifting a decade am the same height as Greg with great genetics. The first picture is completely unattainable. Dont fall for his marketing. Only inexperienced fools would believe he is natural. Humans are hopeful creatures, Average Joe has zero shot at becoming the first picture simply by not eating 16 hours a day and do some upper body compound movements.

He may not use now or simply does TRY. But he defiently has.
If Gallagher is on tes and tren or stanazol etc then I am on dbol. 31 6'6 210 . 405 deadlift, 315 squat 365 incline bench. Happy to send pics, I have never used steroids except for Winstrol for a week when I was 20 without tes and it causes gyno.

Greg does not have great skin, -'d his diet is abysmal, he would have a much better body if he upped his protein/changed his macros

CalleECFK

My experience from this forum in general and this topic on IF in particular is that the forum involves some very authistic people who oftenly do not base their opinions on real experience, but on research or some self-constructed theories which do not comply with individual experiences.

I agree that proper science, and Ray Peat's input in particular, are good guidlines for how to eat, since my body and mental state have responded in a desired way. But not to forget, we do all react individually to specific foods, specific amounts of foods and specific methods on when and how to digest our food.

Regarding IF, my own experience is very satisfying. By restricting my food-intake to 1-3 meals a day, with my food window starting somewhere around 1 or 2 o'clock and ending around 8, it feels like I have freed myself from being hungry all the time and allowed myself to eat when time is given. My mental clarity has increased and my mode has been stabilized.
My day is not destroyed if it does not allow me to eat regularly.
This is my own, briefly described experience.

If you do not respond well to fasting, do not do it. Let your own experience decide if it is good or bad instead.

Markus

My experience from this forum in general and this topic on IF in particular is that the forum involves some very authistic people who oftenly do not base their opinions on real experience, but on research or some self-constructed theories which do not comply with individual experiences.

I agree that proper science, and Ray Peat's input in particular, are good guidlines for how to eat, since my body and mental state have responded in a desired way. But not to forget, we do all react individually to specific foods, specific amounts of foods and specific methods on when and how to digest our food.

Regarding IF, my own experience is very satisfying. By restricting my food-intake to 1-3 meals a day, with my food window starting somewhere around 1 or 2 o'clock and ending around 8, it feels like I have freed myself from being hungry all the time and allowed myself to eat when time is given. My mental clarity has increased and my mode has been stabilized.
My day is not destroyed if it does not allow me to eat regularly.
This is my own, briefly described experience.

If you do not respond well to fasting, do not do it. Let your own experience decide if it is good or bad instead.
This!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals