A Case For Intermittent Fasting

sladerunner69

Kinobody is an avid faster and has perfect hair:

View attachment 4605

Hair is primarily genetic determines by the efficiency and strength of the mitochondria in the hair follicle. Those of us with genetically weak hair follicles need to use diet/ bright light to prevent baldness.

You can tell his metabolism isn't optimized by his skin quality- lines and wrinkles around his mouth and pale lips. I bet he has a low pulse as well.

Intermittent "fasting" is not really fasting. It's a reduced calorie diet/feeding "window" and unless they specify it says nothing of what the person is eating consecutively. Only "dry" fasting and water-only fasting are true fasts but dry fasting is only done by weird hippies who lie about what they are really doing because it's impossible to do a dry fast for more than a few days. Water is needed for hydration and elimination of metabolic waste products through the kidneys. Intermittent "fasting" won't do anything for insulin resistance if one continues to eat high fat.

Energy usage of the body comes in 5 stages:
  1. Directly from the food in your stomach/GI.
  2. Glycogen from your liver.
  3. Glycogen from your muscles.
  4. Ketosis: from your adipose tissues (fat deposits).
  5. Starvation: from your vital organs and tissues.
We take 2-3 days to reach stage 4 and that’s when actual fasting begins. To reach stage 5, it takes the typical person 40 days, depending on body reserves, and we would look anorexic from having lost most of our fat. There is a temporary loss of some protein before stage 4 begins. Water only fasting at stage 4 is a powerful way to restore insulin sensitivity but it most likely needs a few more days, about 10, which is really about 7 days from when stage 4 began.

Fasting is not "starving." Starvation only begins once labile fat reserves are depleted and muscle and organ tissue is then catabolized for sugar (glucose).

"Fasting is a scientific method of ridding the system of diseased tissue, and morbid matter, and is invariably accompanied by beneficial results. Starving is the deprivation of the tissues from nutriment which they require, and is invariably accompanied by disastrous consequences. The whole secret is this: fasting commences with the omission of the first meal and ends with the return of natural hunger, while starvation only begins with the return of natural hunger and terminates in death. Where the one ends the other begins. Whereas the latter process wastes the healthy tissues, emaciates the body, and depletes the vitality; the former process merely expels corrupt matter and useless fatty tissue, thereby elevating the energy, and eventually restoring the organism that just balance we term health."-Hereward Carrington

Medically Supervised Water-only Fasting In The Treatment Of Hypertension

Low Fat Diet/fasting Reverses 42 Yr Old Woman's Cancer, Published In British Medical
Jounral

Man Lives Off His Fat Stores For 382 Days

Last edited:

Constatine

Kinobody is an avid faster and has perfect hair:

View attachment 4605
Some fasting does have its uses but by no means is kinobody healthy. His face and skin tone look terrible and much of his gains are due to anabolic steroids. This is why he randomly lost 20 pounds of muscle, he ended his cycle. You can also see how his face structure further develops as he uses steroids. As for his hair line it takes time for a lifestyle to effect health. In five to ten years his hair will be terrible. I don't want to vilinize fasting as it does have its benefits and has been used for a very long time but it is not something to do often.

Wagner83

One of the things that could be concerning is the incredible rise in growth hormone from intermittent fasting, it seems to help muscle building but not sure how safe it is.

zztr

What's worked well for me is two very light meals and one big one. Don't snack unless you really need to. I eat pretty much exactly the same easily digestible things for breakfast and lunch every day and then get in most of my calories at dinner around 7:30PM. Light breakfast at 8AM.

A single main meal is how most people ate historically. Peasants would have a big "dinner" at some point in the afternoon daylight. Other meals would be light and often preprepared.

Two or three spaced meals seems like plenty of "fasting" to me, no real need to go much over 10 hours. That's the unexamined case to consider with the rats in the first post. The fat rats were effectively hitting the buffet line all day long, never resting and digesting. It's more of an argument against snacking or many meals than it is for "intermittent fasting."

tankasnowgod

Let us know how you go. I am also considering this myself. I had good results (with fat loss) doing a lean gains style fasting diet. If I did it the same today I would tweak a few things to make it more "peaty" and I think I would still have excellent fatloss while mitigating too much damage.

Just a heads up..... decided to do a "dry run" today, and so far, I'm at about 15 hours, and feeling great. Better, in fact, than normal. I did eat quite a bit of carbs (both starch and sugar) at dinner last night. Going forward, I think I will do some sort of IF/compressed eating window/pushing breakfast later thang most weekdays. I'll keep things updated.

Wagner83

What's worked well for me is two very light meals and one big one. Don't snack unless you really need to. I eat pretty much exactly the same easily digestible things for breakfast and lunch every day and then get in most of my calories at dinner around 7:30PM. Light breakfast at 8AM.
How many calories do you manage to get in though?

Just a heads up..... decided to do a "dry run" today, and so far, I'm at about 15 hours, and feeling great. Better, in fact, than normal. I did eat quite a bit of carbs (both starch and sugar) at dinner last night. Going forward, I think I will do some sort of IF/compressed eating window/pushing breakfast later thang most weekdays. I'll keep things updated.
Yeah I think there could be benefits to not doing the 3 big meals, I know that lunch in particular is deadly, dinner is different since I don't care about being active afterwards. In some places they have the traditional naps after lunch, but I'd prefer not dealing with it. Perhaps the idea of one big meal and a few smaller ones can be workable.

ITT cortisol apologists
If you end up with enough calories and have a few lighter feedings during the day I don't see it as cortisol boosting, but I'm not sure if it would be true for real intermittent fasting, perhaps that would depend on liver health.

If you end up with enough calories and have a few lighter feedings during the day I don't see it as cortisol boosting, but I'm not sure if it would be true for real intermittent fasting, perhaps that would depend on liver health.

Well that's just eating, isn't it?

Wagner83

If anything was "just eating" this forum would not be and all our life would be great meaningful and long-lived. Pretty sure I'd also be rich, super muscular and busy slapping green bills on my harem of hoes.

Estrogen Enthusiasts

Androgen Assassinator

on to this thread tho... yeah you are going to lose weight, it's great to lose weight on, but watch what happens when you try to eat carbs again, have fun with that, once your blood sugar drops, your cortisol spikes, period

superhuman

@Westside PUFAs yeah but kinobody does only fast for 12-18 hours usually and that is not really fasting in those terms. But yeah hair has alot more to do with just some fasting. Kinobody is also young. Im older then kinobody and i have done alot of fasting, up to 21 days and i also have perfect hair.

The fasting people and RP has opposite views of metabolism and all that so its never fair to compare or talk about them in the same context. The fasting circle believe that your heart only was dealt x amount of beats and the best thing you can do for liver longer and all that is to slow the metabolic rate.

@Westside PUFAs yeah but kinobody does only fast for 12-18 hours usually and that is not really fasting in those terms. But yeah hair has alot more to do with just some fasting. Kinobody is also young. Im older then kinobody and i have done alot of fasting, up to 21 days and i also have perfect hair.

The fasting people and RP has opposite views of metabolism and all that so its never fair to compare or talk about them in the same context. The fasting circle believe that your heart only was dealt x amount of beats and the best thing you can do for liver longer and all that is to slow the metabolic rate.

I know it's not really fasting which is why it said that above.

Be specific. You did 21 days of water only? Lemon juice or anything with calories does not get a pass.

There are different circles of "fasting" people.

Gl;itch.e

Androgen Assassinator

on to this thread tho... yeah you are going to lose weight, it's great to lose weight on, but watch what happens when you try to eat carbs again, have fun with that, once your blood sugar drops, your cortisol spikes, period
What happens when you eat carbs again? I did very well (weightloss wise) with fasting on a high carb diet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals