97 Year Old Swiss Man Eats 400 Grams Of Glucose Tablets When Hicking

poilochio

at 11:16 he says how much he takes

Hansjörg Müller used to be a chemist and loves to hike up the "Rigi" a famous swiss Hill. In this Interview you see him also check his blood sugar and he says he uses only glucose tablets as an energy source when hiking :)

Inaut

it's nice to see a 97 year old so active :) thanks for posting

SOMO

Very inspiration. Hope to be moving around and lucid like this man in my old age.

Fractality

Is there anything that can be done to avoid becoming a hunchback at such an advanced age? CO2, calcium???

D

danishispsychic

Sort of like Jeffree Starr - he only really eats sugar and drinks Red Bull and except for his asthma ( which I am sure is from parasites from his dogs or whatever ) he is super no body fat and healthy - I am sure the Taurine helps his liver detox all that make up. Glucose for the win!

YourUniverse

Could you please give us the TLDR, or is it very complicated?
Its not complicated, but it will require a copy of the book. It explains why senile postures exist and some daily routines akin to yoga or pilates to erase "sensory motor amnesia" - senile postures are the result of going sense deaf. We forget what good posture feels like, and bad posture and tension become the new norm. His routines are a way to wake up the dormant muscle systems. Its interesting, and effective.

biffbelvin

Sort of like Jeffree Starr - he only really eats sugar and drinks Red Bull and except for his asthma ( which I am sure is from parasites from his dogs or whatever ) he is super no body fat and healthy - I am sure the Taurine helps his liver detox all that make up. Glucose for the win!

Wait, are you referring to by Jeffree Starr, do you mean Jeffree Star? That's a very interesting comparison to make if so!

Its not complicated, but it will require a copy of the book. It explains why senile postures exist and some daily routines akin to yoga or pilates to erase "sensory motor amnesia" - senile postures are the result of going sense deaf. We forget what good posture feels like, and bad posture and tension become the new norm. His routines are a way to wake up the dormant muscle systems. Its interesting, and effective.

I never really thought about it in that way, but it make complete sense. My grandmother's posture deteriorated rapidly as her Alzheimer's progressed.

For anyone interested in pursuing this further, I would recommend finding a yoga/pilates class to join. It's much easier for a trained professional to correct (or at least point out) any dysfunctional movement patterns that you have developed.

Is there anything that can be done to avoid becoming a hunchback at such an advanced age? CO2, calcium???

whilst the advice above will help, you have to be realistic. At 97 one must expect a certain amount of deterioration, particularly in musculo-skeletal systems.

D

danishispsychic

Wait, are you referring to by Jeffree Starr, do you mean Jeffree Star? That's a very interesting comparison to make if so!

I never really thought about it in that way, but it make complete sense. My grandmother's posture deteriorated rapidly as her Alzheimer's progressed.

For anyone interested in pursuing this further, I would recommend finding a yoga/pilates class to join. It's much easier for a trained professional to correct (or at least point out) any dysfunctional movement patterns that you have developed.

whilst the advice above will help, you have to be realistic. At 97 one must expect a certain amount of deterioration, particularly in musculo-skeletal systems.
Typo - Sorry , was typing too fast. Star with one S .

YourUniverse

Its not exactly yoga though, its not really exercise. Its movements, designed to get you to remember what it feels like to contract them in the right balance. Its a really unique thing. Im sure yoga, pilates and etc are helpful too, though

Atman

Thanks for sharing. What a lovely, wise man.

His first remarks (0:34- ):
Man: "I have to keep going. Everytime it's an experience, although it's everytime the same."
Reporter: "But it's such a struggle?"
Man: "Yes, but the struggle is a part of life. Life without struggle is incomplete."

Later (9:32):
"And I know that with age, if you don't struggle and push to the limit, everything goes downhill very fast. Not only the muscles but also the brain. Everything relies on keeping active."

managing

Ive often considered this. Keeping them around because they don't spoil and are easy to carry. But I am also aware of Dr. Peat's preference for sucrose.

Any thoughts on glucose vs sucrose? Supposed to be something positive about the necessity of separating the fruc/gluc and of course the different metabolic paths of the two. Does this argue against pure glucose?