92yo Has Been Taking Aspirin Everyday Of Her Life

T

TheBeard

I went over to my grandmother yesterday.

She had a headache, so I asked her if it had been bothering her for long.
She confessed that she had had migraines to varying degree since the age of 8, and she went on saying that since that age she had been popping aspirin on a daily basis.
Sometimes she would go up to 4 pills a day (no idea if it amounts to 2g or 4g total).

I asked her if she had skipped days, she said with an exception or two she had been taking religiously that aspirin everyday.

She looks like she is in her mid 70s, she has full speech capacity and full mobility, an impeccable memory and always a big smile.

Now I know it’s not uncommon for people, especially women to make it to 92, but in that shape with no need for external help in any of the daily tasks, I don’t know many.

She never had major illness nor surgery.

Don’t know if it’s the aspirin, but I was just amused when she mentioned the aspirin for the first time in my life, after I have been reading on it on this forum for a good 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am grateful you shared this wonderful story.

If these are typical aspirin, 325mg, so 4 would be 1300mg.

I wonder how she got enough vitamin K. Do you know if she eats a lot of vegetables or eats liver?

OP
T

TheBeard

I am grateful you shared this wonderful story.

I wonder how she got enough vitamin K. Do you know if she eats a lot of vegetables or eats liver?

Her diet these days consists of mainly OJ, muscle meat, potatoes, white bread.

No idea what she used to eat when younger

inurendotoxin

I know right. She has instinctively been Peating most her life without knowing it
It's a sort of beautiful irony that the 'grandma diet' most closely reflects the diet of longevity and youth. It's only in the last 50-60 years that medicine and nutrition went so tragically off course. For all your cutting edge research, your grandma had the answer all along.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I went over to my grandmother yesterday.

She had a headache, so I asked her if it had been bothering her for long.
She confessed that she had had migraines to varying degree since the age of 8, and she went on saying that since that age she had been popping aspirin on a daily basis.
Sometimes she would go up to 4 pills a day (no idea if it amounts to 2g or 4g total).

I asked her if she had skipped days, she said with an exception or two she had been taking religiously that aspirin everyday.

She looks like she is in her mid 70s, she has full speech capacity and full mobility, an impeccable memory and always a big smile.

Now I know it’s not uncommon for people, especially women to make it to 92, but in that shape with no need for external help in any of the daily tasks, I don’t know many.

She never had major illness nor surgery.

Don’t know if it’s the aspirin, but I was just amused when she mentioned the aspirin for the first time in my life, after I have been reading on it on this forum for a good 2 years.

Good woman, you may want to show her this...and jump on her regiment too :):
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/aspirin-pro-drug-from-willow-bark-extends-yeast-lifespan-by-almost-400.10141/

Jav1e

[QUOTE = "ecstatichamster, post: 443160, miembro: 3389"] Estoy agradecido de que hayas compartido esta maravillosa historia.

I wonder how she got enough vitamin K. Do you know if she eats a lot of vegetables or eats liver?[/QUOTE]

maybe it is not necessary to consume a lot of vitama k because the body regulates the coagulation if you feel that it is very anticuagulant. i don't know.

[QUOTE = "ecstatichamster, post: 443160, miembro: 3389"] Estoy agradecido de que hayas compartido esta maravillosa historia.

maybe it is not necessary to consume a lot of vitama k because the body regulates the coagulation if you feel that it is very anticuagulant. i don't know.[/QUOTE]

it is possible that someone can create enough from leafy greens.

Vinny

Great post, thank you, Beard!

OP
T

TheBeard

Visited her yesterday and found her eating marshmallows!!
She has 4 to 5 of them for tea time. Read the ingredient: mostly gelatin and sugar

Tarmander

Now I know it’s not uncommon for people, especially women to make it to 92

I think it's like 4% of people who make it to their 90s, although they are "estimating" it to be closer to 20% of current generations.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals