81 Year Old Woman Ate Fruit and Milk Diet for 27 Years

OP
Samya

Samya

I've updated the OP with the same news story from a different website, the link should work now.

Jam

Cool. She should also have thanked the Supreme Court for putting her on that diet.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

Attachments

• 41F3805A-F120-4D3E-8DE4-8E7D94283A8C.jpeg
    41F3805A-F120-4D3E-8DE4-8E7D94283A8C.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 109
OP
Samya

Samya

How does she look?
Reaching 81 isn't a feat in 2021.

Yeah it's not so much the fact that she reached 81, just that she lived on milk and fruit for the previous 27 years was interesting and made me think of you guys.

It's not surprising that it's possible, I remember Ray saying that milk and fruit is nutritionally complete and more recently that it's even an ideal diet.

T

TheBeard

Yeah it's not so much the fact that she reached 81, just that she lived on milk and fruit for the previous 27 years was interesting and made me think of you guys.

It's not surprising that it's possible, I remember Ray saying that milk and fruit is nutritionally complete and more recently that it's even an ideal diet.

I might try and see how I feel on it.

Serge

Can kefir be a replacement for milk? Can't drink milk. But never had problems with kefir and similar foods.

B

Blaze

Can kefir be a replacement for milk? Can't drink milk. But never had problems with kefir and similar foods.
Kefir is milk , so yes. You could eliminate the milk you are reacting to negatively and replace it with the kefir you seem to be able to tolerate. It is made with "kefir grains" which in Latin American countries is also called "bulgaros". We made homemade Kefir using bulgaros when I was living in Mexico. We would take our bulgaros and feed it milk and they would grow. Strain out the bulgaros so you can use them again and the remaining slightly thick slightly sour milk is your kefir. The only real difference between it and milk is that the lactose is very low in the Kefir (any cultured dairy product is lower in lactose than milk) and it has a ton of probiotics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cloudhands

Only thing really missing in my opinion is copper iron zinc and b3 unless u eat fruit high in some of these

gaze

fruits and milk, both high in liquid and potassium, magnesium, calcium, flush out sodium like crazy. make sure you use some really salty cheese if you try it. i'd imagine eventually you end up craving something "hearty", steak and potatoes, bread and butter, for example

OP
Samya

Samya

Only thing really missing in my opinion is copper iron zinc and b3 unless u eat fruit high in some of these

Having a look on cronometer it's pretty easy to get over 100% RDA of everything apart from iron and niacin with a milk based diet and grazing on fruit.

fruits and milk, both high in liquid and potassium, magnesium, calcium, flush out sodium like crazy. make sure you use some really salty cheese if you try it. i'd imagine eventually you end up craving something "hearty", steak and potatoes, bread and butter, for example

I think you're probably right, I do like a cooked meal at the end of the day and haven't tried to go full milk and fruit. There's also places I like to travel where it's difficult to get milk so wouldn't want to totally rely on it either, even though I may never be able to travel ever again!

rzero

Ray warns that yogurt products have a lot of potentially inflammatory lactic acid. He says that the strained yogurts such as Greek yogurt are better.

I have been using fat-free Greek yogurt and fat-free Icelandic skyr as my sole high-protein foods for about five weeks, and I feel good.

Razvan

True. When I eat only fruits chocolate and milk I need almost 3 tbps of salt which is crazy compared to when eating more cooked foods

OP
Samya

Samya

I can't say I've noticed any symptoms of being low on salt but find on days where I only have milk and fruit I also crave low-fat cheese, which usually comes with a lot of salt.

Ismail

True. When I eat only fruits chocolate and milk I need almost 3 tbps of salt which is crazy compared to when eating more cooked foods

Do you have specific fruits you always eat? If so, which ones? Or is it always somewhat varied? Thanks ?

Razvan

Do you have specific fruits you always eat? If so, which ones? Or is it always somewhat varied? Thanks ?
Pineapple,orange juice, apple juice,sometimes kiwi. In the summer watermelon and melons.
I prefer to stay low fiber.