81 Year Old Woman Ate Fruit and Milk Diet for 27 Years

Dr. B

Yep, just like barbecue. I bought the Wendell directly through their website:

And oneroot through Amazon:

Amazon product ASIN B017GERWD0View: https://www.amazon.com/ONEROOT-Organic-Wildflower-Honey-Creamed/dp/B017GERWD0/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3FC0FPU17KKU3&dchild=1&keywords=oneroot+honey&qid=1627245389&sprefix=Oneroot%2Caps%2C203&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzNTRESzM4OUw4TjA1JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzYxODkyM0JIOUJDSzBPOFkxRyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTEyMjU4MktIM1ZKN1QwNjRHWCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Wendell was quite solid and oneroot was thick but pourable, however, it could all depend on how much time a honey has had to crystallize. I’ve read that because of its higher fructose content, acacia honey stays in a liquid state longer so if you haven’t done so already, maybe see if you can find an organic acacia?
whered you see these are organic, they dont mention it? i want a real organic honey! preferably certified! otherwise isnt it just their word

Jennifer

@Mr.Bollox — Huh, I though Wendell was organic, but it looks like only oneroot is.

Last edited:

Dr. B

@Mr.Bollox — Huh, I though Wendell was organic, but it looks like only oneroot is.
nice, have you tried their organic certified honey like the one you posted? that looks good!
are you in the US, ordering these off amazon?
i had actually found a different listing of oneroot which was a non organic honey, so they offer both like many companies.
maybe wendell also has some certified organic options.
the color of that honey looks good. all the opaque creamy white honeys i've tried have tasted the best.

Jennifer

nice, have you tried their organic certified honey like the one you posted? that looks good!
are you in the US, ordering these off amazon?
i had actually found a different listing of oneroot which was a non organic honey, so they offer both like many companies.
maybe wendell also has some certified organic options.
the color of that honey looks good. all the opaque creamy white honeys i've tried have tasted the best.

Yep, I’ve had oneroot’s organic and non-organic. They both tasted really good to me, but I preferred the non-organic’s creaminess, however, it may have been fresher. And yes, I live in the US—New England.

Okay, I honestly thought I was losing my mind for a moment because I could swear Wendell carried an organic honey. They do, they just don’t seem to have it on their site any longer. Here’s their organic version:

I agree. My favorites are the creamy white honeys, particularly from the Canadian prairie, but I have had a white honey from the Tien Shan Mountain region of Kyrgyzstan that was way too floral for me. Wendell is incredibly smooth and oneroot is a close second.

Dr. B

Yep, I’ve had oneroot’s organic and non-organic. They both tasted really good to me, but I preferred the non-organic’s creaminess, however, it may have been fresher. And yes, I live in the US—New England.

Okay, I honestly thought I was losing my mind for a moment because I could swear Wendell carried an organic honey. They do, they just don’t seem to have it on their site any longer. Here’s their organic version:

I agree. My favorites are the creamy white honeys, particularly from the Canadian prairie, but I have had a white honey from the Tien Shan Mountain region of Kyrgyzstan that was way too floral for me. Wendell is incredibly smooth and oneroot is a close second.
whys it so much more expensive than YS eco bee farms?
do they sell larger than 500g jars for the oneroot organic? the YS was very expensive at $15 for 2 pounds, much pricier than other honeys. this is even more at $25 for one pound!
if i get that honey itd probably be a spoonful a day! like tablespoon per day!

Jennifer

whys it so much more expensive than YS eco bee farms?
do they sell larger than 500g jars for the oneroot organic? the YS was very expensive at $15 for 2 pounds, much pricier than other honeys. this is even more at $25 for one pound!
if i get that honey itd probably be a spoonful a day! like tablespoon per day!

I’m not sure, but maybe one reason why is because they don’t source their honey from multiple countries like YS Eco. They state on their website that their honey is never mixed and is always bottled straight from the source—Northern Canadian Boreal Forest bee-yards. It’s definitely much better quality IMO. I don’t see a larger jar in the organic:

Sefton10

I would think only if the darker color was due to browning via high heat. I was never sure if Ray meant honeys that were darker due to heating or due to an excess of allergenic compounds. I’ve tasted a lot of strange honeys, too. All but two of the certified organic honeys I’ve tried have been really gritty and/or gross tasting. Y.S Eco Bee Farm, Heavenly Organics and Wholesome are probably the three brands I disliked most.
I had a jar of raw buckwheat honey from Poland recently that was almost as dark as molasses. It was an acquired taste, almost medicinal, very thick and granulated. I grew to quite like it but did suspect it was having a bit of an antibiotic-like effect, too strong for daily consumption.

Jennifer

I had a jar of raw buckwheat honey from Poland recently that was almost as dark as molasses. It was an acquired taste, almost medicinal, very thick and granulated. I grew to quite like it but did suspect it was having a bit of an antibiotic-like effect, too strong for daily consumption.

Huh, I think I’ve had buckwheat honey before. Along with medicinal, is it pungent tasting? Does honey keep your tongue pink/clean? That’s one thing that tipped me off that it may be having an antibiotic-like effect on me. It keeps my tongue pink even if I’ve had something that would normally leave a white coating.

Dr. B

mate the kirkland organic raw honey is very cheap priced, probably the cheapest for an organic raw honey. organic honeys are very rare, most honeys you see online or in stores, they may say raw, unfiltered etc but organic is very rare for honey. the honey tastes so bad and it has that extremely dark amber color. it does seem to have a diarrhea effect if i eat several ounces at once. it's a liquid honey, they probably pasteurize or heat it a lot since it stays liquid permanently. maybe its the type of flower.

Sefton10

Huh, I think I’ve had buckwheat honey before. Along with medicinal, is it pungent tasting? Does honey keep your tongue pink/clean? That’s one thing that tipped me off that it may be having an antibiotic-like effect on me. It keeps my tongue pink even if I’ve had something that would normally leave a white coating.
Yes, very pungent. Definitely notice a pinker tongue when eating it from a spoon, but tend to have it in warm milk mostly.

organic honeys are very rare, most honeys you see online or in stores, they may say raw, unfiltered etc but organic is very rare for honey.
Not sure if you're in the UK, this is my go to honey now. I decant the tub into glass jars and it always crystallises pretty quickly. I think it's good value.

Dr. B

Yes, very pungent. Definitely notice a pinker tongue when eating it from a spoon, but tend to have it in warm milk mostly.

Not sure if you're in the UK, this is my go to honey now. I decant the tub into glass jars and it always crystallises pretty quickly. I think it's good value.

interesting, i wonder a lot of UK products probably ship to US id imagine? lot of clothing, food websites. wondering if i should get honey from the UK instead of looking strictly in US and Canada.
hows the taste?
is crystallizing a good thing? its easier to use if its liquid
tbh i would like a good liquid honey, thats in a squirt bottle i can just squirt into my mouth everyday and drink over the course of a few days. i was looking to go through 2-6 ounces honey a day. that other canadian one previously posted looks delicious, but it's like a cream so itll have to be spooned out.
thats why this costco honey is otherwise ideal, the bottle you can directly drink from it, the taste is the problem,
and tbh with the odd taste i feel there has to be something going on.
with milk, OJ, every fruit, every juice, even beef, each time ive tried it, the organic product tastes noticeably better than the non organic one. fruits are always sweeter and better, milk too.
yet somehow with honey, the non organic ones in the US taste better than the organic ones. if must be something with brazilian/canadian or mixed honeys, as all the ones with the odd taste have been from brazil and canada.
actually, organic beef from australia has an odd plain flavor too, but thats maybe due to processing or storage methods done to it before it gets here

Last edited:

GreenTrails

Can kefir be a replacement for milk? Can't drink milk. But never had problems with kefir and similar foods.
I use 1 - 1/12 cups of kefir in my morning smoothie every morning. I make kefir with A2 whole milk and kefir grains. I don't really like milk, but I love my kefir, and it totally agrees with me. I also eat other foods; meat, liver, eggs, cheese, white rice, mushrooms, some vegetables and fruit, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals