80 Years Old W/BP Of 118/40

Dobster

Hello all my uncle of 80 Years old is experiencing Low BP. He doesn't want to take salt in his diet. He's had a stent put in an had stomach surgery to remove some growth some years ago. Currently he is loosing memory and complains of aches/soreness. Also doesn't want to interact much.
Any advice appreciated.

Dobster

dreamcatcher

Ok thanks. Didn't think about Liver. Would any kind of supplements help? Magnesium etc?
You would want to find the cause first, through a blood test. In general, a nutrient dense diet is the foundation. But would he be willing to do all that?
Aches and soreness are signs of inflammation so you would want to find out what causes that.
What does he eat?

OP
D

Dobster

You would want to find the cause first, through a blood test. In general, a nutrient dense diet is the foundation. But would he be willing to do all that?
Aches and soreness are signs of inflammation so you would want to find out what causes that.
What does he eat?
We're in Asia so diet of rice vege curry etc. His Fiber intake is next to none

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hello all my uncle of 80 Years old is experiencing Low BP. He doesn't want to take salt in his diet. He's had a stent put in an had stomach surgery to remove some growth some years ago. Currently he is loosing memory and complains of aches/soreness. Also doesn't want to interact much.
Any advice appreciated.

Dobster
It’s possible he could just be dehydrated. There are numerous other things that can contribute to low diastolic blood pressure though. Has he had a complete medical checkup recently? In the short term I’d be most concerned about him falling if he experiencing dizziness. Falls can be quite serious in elders.

OP
D

Dobster

It’s possible he could just be dehydrated. There are numerous other things that can contribute to low diastolic blood pressure though. Has he had a complete medical checkup recently? In the short term I’d be most concerned about him falling if he experiencing dizziness. Falls can be quite serious in elders.
Agreed on the falls. I was thinking of dehyradation too. Maybe some Re-hydration salts to see how he feels?
He's had check up recently nothing revealed.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Agreed on the falls. I was thinking of dehyradation too. Maybe some Re-hydration salts to see how he feels?
He's had check up recently nothing revealed.
I think rehydration salts make sense. It seems like a good starting point anyway. I hope it helps.

yerrag

What is his heart rate? If metabolism is low, there is no energy to increase blood pressure to provide enough blow flow to nourish tissues all over his body.

In my case, I notice that my heart rate would increase significantly when I took doxycycline. I figure that it takes the load off my wbc and neutrophils as it deals with low level chronic bacterial infection in my vascular system. When wbc fights bacteria, it ends up drawing away anti-oxidant stores from the body (as ROS spillover from the respiratory burst of phagocytosis (to engulf and kill bacteria with ROS) needs to be countered by anti-oxidants to protect from tissue destruction). With lowered anti-oxidant stores available, mitochondrial respiration to produce energy is down-regulated as there is not enough anti-oxidants to counter the oxidative stresses involved in mitochondrial respiration. These oxidative stresses are the resulting production of ROS as accompanying mitocondrial respiration.

I'm not recommending long-term antibiotic use though, but suggesting that as one short-term way of dealing with it. In the long term, you may have to look for some biomarkers in blood tests to find out where the body's anti-oxidants are being used up, or whether anti-oxidants are deficient. But I should caution that it's not simply a matter of supplementing with anti-oxidants. The body is a wonderful machine of balance, and a balance of oxidants and anti-oxidants in the way they are used by the body is complex. Appreciating its complexity and being able to extract simplicity from this understanding is needed. And once understood, there is some personal experimentation involved. Doing it on oneself is easier than doing it on somebody else.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals