7 steps on how to feel young again

Hans

Forum Supporter
I thought of writing a more basic article on some of the principles of MenElite. What I'm basically all about is helping people feel great. I want to feel great and want others to feel great. So all the content I create is to help move in that direction.

So this article discusses some of those basics.

What has worked the best for you for feeling youthful again?

rr1

Came to say avoiding PUFA, but it was your number 1 recommendation. Grounding and spending less time in front of computer and more time in nature is a close second.

Great article, and love the concept of thinking about what you can remove from your lifestyle, instead of add.

Roni123@

hey hans, do you think we can maintain good physical function until we are 100 years old? exercising physical activity such as farming or running through vast fields chasing deer

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Came to say avoiding PUFA, but it was your number 1 recommendation. Grounding and spending less time in front of computer and more time in nature is a close second.

Great article, and love the concept of thinking about what you can remove from your lifestyle, instead of add.
Great, thanks for sharing. Which high PUFA food did you eliminate and which did you keep?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
hey hans, do you think we can maintain good physical function until we are 100 years old? exercising physical activity such as farming or running through vast fields chasing deer
Most likely yes, but it depends on what you want to be able to achieve. You will most likely not be able to lift very heavy or run very fast. But in terms of being pain free and having general strength and mobility, sure.

Sam321

#8 Play games (bowling with friends, hand stands in the park w/ puppy, sword fight with 5 yo nephew, etc).

Actually I guess this is kind of implied in #7.

Sam321

#5 is what im working on rn. yoga nidra, headspace app, and hanging out with the homies has helped considerably here. Also, maintaining a good diet has helped too.

Nomane Euger

I thought of writing a more basic article on some of the principles of MenElite. What I'm basically all about is helping people feel great. I want to feel great and want others to feel great. So all the content I create is to help move in that direction.

what are the top fruits that give you the most energy hans?

Jonnie

Great article Hans!
If only this were standard knowledge to everyone

Roni123@

Most likely yes, but it depends on what you want to be able to achieve. You will most likely not be able to lift very heavy or run very fast. But in terms of being pain free and having general strength and mobility, sure.
Hans but why did we lose strength or speed, I thought we could keep that up by eliminating PUFAS and maintaining a good diet

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Great article Hans!
If only this were standard knowledge to everyone
Thanks man. Yeah for sure. If I knew this in high school I would have made quite a few additions actually (my diet was predetermined back then, but I could always have added milk, etc.).

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans but why did we lose strength or speed, I thought we could keep that up by eliminating PUFAS and maintaining a good diet
Not sure of all of the reasons why, but there are many. We lose explosive power first and then strength. It could be related to the development of compensations, scar tissue, loss of joint integrity, etc.

SamYo123

Im sure Functional patterns will argue with this

Poor repetition from ***t work enviroments, Traditional lifting that people think is healthy when it doesnt respect our gait mechanics..

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Im sure Functional patterns will argue with this

Poor repetition from ***t work enviroments, Traditional lifting that people think is healthy when it doesnt respect our gait mechanics..
I'd argue that wrong patterns don't always cause issues. We're always doing something that will have poor form or that might put us in compensation. Someone can have compensations without even doing anything wrong. And also training according to FP will not necessarily fix those compensations.

SamYo123

I'd argue that wrong patterns don't always cause issues. We're always doing something that will have poor form or that might put us in compensation. Someone can have compensations without even doing anything wrong. And also training according to FP will not necessarily fix those compensations.
We’re not talking the same “functional patterns”

This is functional patterns,

76er

Thanks Hans, another gem.

I'm 50 and I play a good amount of soccer (4x week perhaps) as well as do resistance movements 6 days a week and I do get achey especially in my achilles tendon but also in other leg areas but to a lesser degree. I upped my gelatin and collagen hydrolysate intake (to be at least 30g or ideally over) and my recovery is better but not great.

Anyone have advice?

"It's not the daily increase, but the daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential." -Bruce Lee

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals