7-keto DHEA: What you need to know (fat loss, thyroid, androgens, etc.)

Hans

Forum Supporter
7keto (or 7oxo) DHEA is a natural occurring metabolite of DHEA. Both convert to 7 hydroxy DHEA, which has many benefits, such as anti-cortisol, thermogenic, etc. Check it out.

Elie

Forum Supporter
Have you used 7 Keto DHEA yourself?
if so what have you noticed?
The stack at the bottom of your article - you mean all of it at the same time???

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Have you used 7 Keto DHEA yourself?
if so what have you noticed?
The stack at the bottom of your article - you mean all of it at the same time???
I have not used it myself, but the athletes I'm in contact with said that they noticed fat loss without even trying. I use topical DHEA, which keeps my 7 hydroxy steroids topped off.
Yes, the stack is meant to take it all together. That's why it's a crazy thermogenic stack. But the doses aren't really crazy though.

Mauritio

I will also try it . Mostly for its weight loss/uncoupling benefits .

Phosphor

I did not know of those uses for it. I developed PTSD just a few years ago from a traumatic event. I got the "freeze" kind....instead of what people envision as PTSD, which is someone screaming and diving into a corner when there is a loud noise, it was the opposite. I shut down; it was literally difficult to get out of a chair to eat or go to the bathroom. Frozen. I just couldn't make myself even MOVE. The PTSD developed from a situation in which I was trapped for a long time, so the freeze response makes sense....moving was dangerous.
After several months I found an article that reported a study of women with cPTSD who were put on 400mg (100 X 4) of 7-keto-DHEA daily, and who returned to normal lives. Having nothing to lose, I bought some......and got a TREMENDOUS benefit. Not quite back to normal but able to do normal things. Since then, I have gotten benefits from other sources....Eden Energy Medicine was and is a life saver; every disorder has an energetic component, and re-alighning those energies mitigates the disorder, whether mental or physical. Lately, I added biofield tuning and it is helping a lot. I am living as normal a life as is possible under the current state of madness in the world. What's interesting is that I do NOT fear the virus, and am generally not a fearful person. This thing I have labeled PTSD was an involuntary reaction in terms of the level of consternation it caused me....it was a brain change. I don't know what the 7 keto does that mitigates that, but it does.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I did not know of those uses for it. I developed PTSD just a few years ago from a traumatic event. I got the "freeze" kind....instead of what people envision as PTSD, which is someone screaming and diving into a corner when there is a loud noise, it was the opposite. I shut down; it was literally difficult to get out of a chair to eat or go to the bathroom. Frozen. I just couldn't make myself even MOVE. The PTSD developed from a situation in which I was trapped for a long time, so the freeze response makes sense....moving was dangerous.
After several months I found an article that reported a study of women with cPTSD who were put on 400mg (100 X 4) of 7-keto-DHEA daily, and who returned to normal lives. Having nothing to lose, I bought some......and got a TREMENDOUS benefit. Not quite back to normal but able to do normal things. Since then, I have gotten benefits from other sources....Eden Energy Medicine was and is a life saver; every disorder has an energetic component, and re-alighning those energies mitigates the disorder, whether mental or physical. Lately, I added biofield tuning and it is helping a lot. I am living as normal a life as is possible under the current state of madness in the world. What's interesting is that I do NOT fear the virus, and am generally not a fearful person. This thing I have labeled PTSD was an involuntary reaction in terms of the level of consternation it caused me....it was a brain change. I don't know what the 7 keto does that mitigates that, but it does.
I'm really glad it has worked that great for you. Have you ever tried DHEA?

Soren

Forum Supporter
Great article Hans, for the stack you listed at the end of the article what do you think about using something like Cortinon+ topically to get the dose of DHEA instead of just plain DHEA?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Great article Hans, for the stack you listed at the end of the article what do you think about using something like Cortinon+ topically to get the dose of DHEA instead of just plain DHEA?
Thanks man. You can definitely add progesterone, since progesterone is also thermogenic. Not sure if it will help with fat loss though. Perhaps via lowering cortisol.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Thanks man. You can definitely add progesterone, since progesterone is also thermogenic. Not sure if it will help with fat loss though. Perhaps via lowering cortisol.

Thanks Hans, one other question you recommend in the stack T3 have you ever experienced any body odor issues from taking T3? Every time i take it i end up with bad body odor any thoughts on what could be the cause of this?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks Hans, one other question you recommend in the stack T3 have you ever experienced any body odor issues from taking T3? Every time i take it i end up with bad body odor any thoughts on what could be the cause of this?
I have not. I did have strong body odor before with and without thyroid supplementation, but that went away when I started getting a lot more sunlight.
Have you perhaps gotten the same smells on a low carb diet?

Soren

Forum Supporter
I have not. I did have strong body odor before with and without thyroid supplementation, but that went away when I started getting a lot more sunlight.
Have you perhaps gotten the same smells on a low carb diet?

I think going low carb probably changed my body odor but nothing like this. It has been 10 years since the last time I tried a low carb diet and that is what led me to discover Peat after low carb and fasting wrecked my body, at the age of 23 my hair started to fall out as a result.

I live on an island close to the equator most of the year which has loads of sun all year round so I doubt that a lack of sunlight is an issue. It is really bizarre and people say on forums that it is a question of getting sulfur soap to kill bacteria but that is no way near enough and never seems to work for long.

Normally I have quite a pleasant and clean body odor but whenever I take thyroid it really becomes difficult for me to tolerate. I'm not even sweating much or at all and this smell is pervasive.

One theory I have is that taking T3 just jacks up my hormones so much that I produce lots of Androgens that naturally are very strong smelling. Apparently depending on your genes (I know controversial) Androsterone can smell pleasant or foul.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I think going low carb probably changed my body odor but nothing like this. It has been 10 years since the last time I tried a low carb diet and that is what led me to discover Peat after low carb and fasting wrecked my body, at the age of 23 my hair started to fall out as a result.

I live on an island close to the equator most of the year which has loads of sun all year round so I doubt that a lack of sunlight is an issue. It is really bizarre and people say on forums that it is a question of getting sulfur soap to kill bacteria but that is no way near enough and never seems to work for long.

Normally I have quite a pleasant and clean body odor but whenever I take thyroid it really becomes difficult for me to tolerate. I'm not even sweating much or at all and this smell is pervasive.

One theory I have is that taking T3 just jacks up my hormones so much that I produce lots of Androgens that naturally are very strong smelling. Apparently depending on your genes (I know controversial) Androsterone can smell pleasant or foul.
I got the best smell reduction by tanning my pits. Not just going in the sun. So yeah, anti-bacterial effects of the sun.
Too mcuh thyroid is catabolic, which might increase FFAs and ammonia, which might cause a bad smell.
Toxins released from adipose tissue by excess lipolysis can also cause bad smells.

baccheion

Ask women and males about your smell. If it is BO, both will say it is bad. Otherwise, women (who like men) will react in a different way.

BrianF

Peat said that using thyroid might alter the bacteria on your skin causing a different odour but that a sulphur soap used once or twice would resolve the issue.

Peater

Please let us know how continued use works for you!

Peater

@Hans would you expect 7-Keto DHEA to also have beneficial effects on lowering prolactin, or just cortisol?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans would you expect 7-Keto DHEA to also have beneficial effects on lowering prolactin, or just cortisol?
Just cortisol. I haven't seen any evidence that it's dopaminergic or that it lowers estrogen or prolactin. If used orally, it doesn't seem to affect hormones (at least the ones they tested).