fr@

Around minute 57:23, Ray Peat said something 'like':

"With any oil in your nose, you have to be careful with the quantity,
because if it gets high enough it can run down into your lungs,
oil in your lungs is something you absolutely want to avoid."

[That is in regards to the topic where Georgi mentioned a client
using Progest-E 1x drop in each Nostril and produced immediate benefits.]

Now how about using Diffusers or Nebulizers with these
'Essential Oils', is it going to be bad for your health in the long run?

'Cause I've tried several times Nebulizing Oil of Oregano in hopes of
'anti-microbing' the lungs, to which I don't know if it's beneficial or not (lol emoji).

And now I'm second guessing on doing it again -- most likely not at the moment.

So does anyone one have thoughts about whether Essential Oils
or any Oil Based Supps bad for the lungs when inhaled?

Appreciated the responses (in advance).

Tigertyger

I wonder the same thing because about oil in the nose because I've used oil of oregano in a nebulizer too. I guess I won't be doing that anymore.?‍♀️

Birdie

'anti-microbing' the lungs, to which I don't know if it's beneficial or not (lol emoji).

He couldn't say it any more clearly. Thanks.

OP
fr@

fr@

Best to hashtag Haidut and see what he says.
Like this #haidut or this @haidut?

I wonder the same thing because about oil in the nose because I've used oil of oregano in a nebulizer too. I guess I won't be doing that anymore.?‍♀️
Man, I'm thinking of the same thing...

What got me compelled into Nebulizing Oil of Oregano was, my training partner got his bead of sweat swished into one of my nostrils.
When that happened, it kind of felt like it went into my brain... hahaha, no; I mean it's traumatizing (very traumatizing).

[The scenario was, knee on belly position and I'm at the bottom defending/trying to sweep.]

He couldn't say it any more clearly. Thanks.
But I'd want to know why though, 'cause there's lots of people using these Essential Oils in a diffuser.

And I've also checked posts in this forum about Essential Oils, and there's people posting anecdotes that it's beneficial.

akgrrrl

What got me compelled into Nebulizing Oil of Oregano was, my training partner got his bead of sweat swished into one of my nostrils.
When that happened, it kind of felt like it went into my brain... hahaha, no; I mean it's traumatizing (very traumatizing).

[The scenario was, knee on belly position and I'm at the bottom defending/trying to sweep.]

But I'd want to know why though, 'cause there's lots of people using these Essential Oils in a diffuser.

And I've also checked posts in this forum about Essential Oils, and there's people posting anecdotes that it's beneficial.
No oregano in diffuser!!
Every plant is different compounds, and everything in a bottle is not necessarily a true distilled ester. Few outfits trying to distill for money have no idea what they are doing, without benefit of technology. Plant distillations can be 100X more powerful than the plant. If a tsp of oregano herb is good for a pizza please extrapolate how 100x more powerful when mobilized in air. All "oils" have dif flashpoints, dif chem profiles and were used as the drugs they can be, for 1000s of years before we "lost" the technology. Relegated to perfumers for last 200yrs or so...a batch of any plant being distilled can be utterly devoid of any therapeutic compound by too high of heat, leaving only the smell. (More high heat and/or mechanical pressure=more profit because they know you arent gonna send it to a lab)

OP
fr@

fr@

No oregano in diffuser!!
Every plant is different compounds, and everything in a bottle is not necessarily a true distilled ester. Few outfits trying to distill for money have no idea what they are doing, without benefit of technology. Plant distillations can be 100X more powerful than the plant. If a tsp of oregano herb is good for a pizza please extrapolate how 100x more powerful when mobilized in air. All "oils" have dif flashpoints, dif chem profiles and were used as the drugs they can be, for 1000s of years before we "lost" the technology. Relegated to perfumers for last 200yrs or so...a batch of any plant being distilled can be utterly devoid of any therapeutic compound by too high of heat, leaving only the smell. (More high heat and/or mechanical pressure=more profit because they know you arent gonna send it to a lab)
Thanks, I definitely don't know that.

But what about the ever so marketed North American Herb & Spice Oil of Oregano Nebulized?

Birdie

@fr@ I found this:

Exogenous lipoid pneumonia​

Exogenous lipoid pneumonia occurs when fat particles enter the lungs from outside the body. Fat usually gets into the body via the mouth or nose.

Causes of exogenous lipoid pneumonia include:

E-cigarettes​

In 2019, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)Trusted Source reported on five people who developed lipoid pneumonia after using e-cigarettes. The e-cigarettes contained marijuana oil. The individuals had inhaled the oil into the lungs, and it led to lipoid pneumonia.

Breathing in oil-based products​

Breathing in oil-based products is another cause of exogenous lipoid pneumonia. Oil-based products in the workplace are a health risk if a person inhales them. Using a face mask and ensuring that the working area remains well-ventilated can reduce the risk.

Oil pulling​

Oil pulling is a practice in alternative medicine. A person swills oil in the mouth with the aim of improving dental health. ....

pauljacob

No oregano in diffuser!!
The one that appears in red in your post.

akgrrrl

Thanks, I definitely don't know that.

But what about the ever so marketed North American Herb & Spice Oil of Oregano
Ask the seller:
Do they distill it themselves ?
Where are the crops grown?
Proof of no pesticides? (Seriously, do you want to breathe in a mist of glyphosate directly into your bloodstream?)
Have they done basic spectograph or proper gas chromotography by a chemist to determine to determine if the oil is synthetic(common! Anything for profit) . A chemist trained to read a gas chromatograph chart measures how various compounds occur in relation to each other, provides the clues to determine if any therapeutics at all, synthetic, adulterated, or pure. Some independendent labs European are highly trained using AFNOR standards. I have a quote from a bio-chem from a lab in Washington State that says 96% of what he has tested has veg oil or propylene glycol. The company YoungLiving submits their oils for testing there.

haidut

Forum Supporter

I think a single drop, maybe up to 2 in each nostril, is fine as it is a very small amount and absorbs within a few minutes. Also, the pathway from the nostril to the lungs is long enough that 1-2 drops in each nostril won't make it to the lungs but will absorb long before that. Also, you don't need to put the drops way up your nose, even rubbing it on the mucosa inside the lower portion of the nose where the soft part of the nose is, should be enough to produce the same effects while removing the risk of liquid making it to the lung.
I only mentioned the nasal route on the podcast as it seems to target the brain more than any other organ, and for people with dementia that seems like a good option, especially if they do not tolerate oral well. Not that I am advising it, but I also know people who snort pregnenolone in lines (similar to how coke is used) for the mental effects after I showed them the study below, and they report very good effects with pure pregnenolone powder (not capsules they opened up). With powder, without oil/tocopherol, there is not much risk with lung irritation unless somebody inhales so much powder that it makes it into their lungs.
Note: I am NOT encouraging or endorsing this, so please ask Peat before trying something like that. Again, only reporting it since it seems like a decent option for people who have trouble with oral steroids dissolved in vitamin E, and/or want to get stronger, brain-targeted effects and only have access to steroids as a powder.
"...Intranasal administration of prenenolone improved memory, whereas progesterone decreased anxiety, thus demonstrating that therapeutic levels of neurosteroids can be delivered to the brain by intranasal administration. The neurosteroids were rapidly degraded after i.v. or intranasal delivery, but pregnenolone was more resistant to degradation in brain after intranasal administration and in serum after i.v. administration. These results show that either the i.v. or intranasal routes of administration can deliver neurosteroids to blood and brain, but that the two routes have significant differences with intranasal administration favoring some brain regions."

Last edited:

Tigertyger

@haidut I understand your thinking on that tiny amout of progest-e in the nostrils. That wasn't a concern and seemed like a less irritable way to get progest-e because progest-e irritates my stomach if I take it orally. And I've emailed Ray about progest-e irritating my stomach years ago and he gave some helpful suggestions. It's more the question about oil in lungs. Because I nebulized oil a few times in the past that made me question if I did myself damage, and if so is there anything I could do to repair it? I'm obviously not going to do that again. Thank you for any advice you could give.

Nicole W.

Essential oils are not exactly oils, it’s kind of a misnomer. They are typically steam-distilled volatile compounds. Unlike culinary or carrier oils, they will quickly evaporate if you leave the cap of the vial.
Essential oils can be inhaled by placing a few drops in bath water or in a bowl with hot water that you lean over with a towel over your head to contain the steam. This is the recommended age-old method of delivery. I would never nebulize any essential oil. Mostly because it’s unnecessary, but also because it could be unsafe.

As far as oregano oil is concerned, inhaling would probably burn the tender membranes of your lungs. Even getting a drop of undiluted oregano oil on your finger can burn.

Why not just take it internally? Like most essential oils, the volatile compounds distribute throughout the body and do their work.

akgrrrl

Essential oils are not exactly oils, it’s kind of a misnomer. They are typically steam-distilled volatile compounds. Unlike culinary or carrier oils, they will quickly evaporate if you leave the cap of the vial.
Essential oils can be inhaled by placing a few drops in bath water or in a bowl with hot water that you lean over with a towel over your head to contain the steam. This is the recommended age-old method of delivery. I would never nebulize any essential oil. Mostly because it’s unnecessary, but also because it could be unsafe.

As far as oregano oil is concerned, inhaling would probably burn the tender membranes of your lungs. Even getting a drop of undiluted oregano oil on your finger can burn.

Why not just take it internally? Like most essential oils, the volatile compounds distribute throughout the body and do their work.
+1

OP
fr@

fr@

Thanks a lot "@everyone".

@Birdie
So Lipoid Penuemonia it is...
I'm also do Oil Pulling regularly, I guess I should be wary of accidentally inhaling it.

@haidut
I'll give that a shot, I mean rubbing Progest-E inside the Nostrils.
At the moment, my belly button is getting wrinkly from using of Progest-E (same w/ my neck).
And I'm not sure if somebody else experiences the same, I mean the dry skin issue after using Progest-E topically.

@akgrrrl
Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into that.
Now it just makes me wonder about these Essential Oils being sold out there.

@Nicole W.
Ah, so this so called 'Essential Oils' are something that needs to be heated until it changes into gas.
As with my use of Oil of Oregano, I've tried: rubbing it inside the nostrils, nebulized, under the tongue, topically (bites, wounds, etc).
I've also tried snorting it, like the 'Sinu Orega'; and yeah, for sure it burns while thinking I'm doing something beneficial (though it might be the complete opposite).
But normally I just put drops under my tongue.
As with why not just use it internally, I've heard something from Ben Greenfield back then that taking stuff orally doesn't necessarily go into your lungs.
It was one of his episodes where he's talking about nebulizing NAC, I also think he mentioned Colloidal Silver being nebulized.
So at the back of my head, I've just thought of that maybe getting the Oil of Oregano in my lungs would have a disinfecting results (lol).

akgrrrl

Thanks a lot "@everyone".

@Birdie
So Lipoid Penuemonia it is...
I'm also do Oil Pulling regularly, I guess I should be wary of accidentally inhaling it.

@haidut
I'll give that a shot, I mean rubbing Progest-E inside the Nostrils.
At the moment, my belly button is getting wrinkly from using of Progest-E (same w/ my neck).
And I'm not sure if somebody else experiences the same, I mean the dry skin issue after using Progest-E topically.

@akgrrrl
Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into that.
Now it just makes me wonder about these Essential Oils being sold out there.

@Nicole W.
Ah, so this so called 'Essential Oils' are something that needs to be heated until it changes into gas.
As with my use of Oil of Oregano, I've tried: rubbing it inside the nostrils, nebulized, under the tongue, topically (bites, wounds, etc).
I've also tried snorting it, like the 'Sinu Orega'; and yeah, for sure it burns while thinking I'm doing something beneficial (though it might be the complete opposite).
But normally I just put drops under my tongue.
As with why not just use it internally, I've heard something from Ben Greenfield back then that taking stuff orally doesn't necessarily go into your lungs.
It was one of his episodes where he's talking about nebulizing NAC, I also think he mentioned Colloidal Silver being nebulized.
So at the back of my head, I've just thought of that maybe getting the Oil of Oregano in my lungs would have a disinfecting results (lol).
I understand your thinking, but the components of "oils" work rather universally in the body, via cells and cell communication. Drops into a solid gelcap? My oregano melted the gelcaps purchased at grocery store.

Orome

Forum Supporter
Aren't there a lot of commercial nasal oils out there? At least here in Germany I have used the product below for years (and most of the time much more than a drop) without any issues:

nasaloil.png

akgrrrl

Yes.
Aren't there a lot of commercial nasal oils out there? At least here in Germany I have used the product below for years (and most of the time much more than a drop) without any issues:

View attachment 26135

View attachment 26135
Yes. And in usa Ponaris is very effective. Coating the inside of the nose and upper sinus with drops is different than inhaling diffused products. A lot of ppl use incense too, not knowing most are made from the worst petroleum waste ever, inhaling it directly into lungs.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals