60GHz WiFi Good Or Bad?

It's coming anyway so let's at least make a list of pros and cons. I will start:

+ Won't go through walls
+ Data transfer takes less time
+ Will be blocked by skin?
+ Beamforming means less energy

- 2.4GHz is here to stay so this is extra
- 100x wider channels

+- More or less biological interactions?

Last edited:

evo21

Beamforming means shorter transfer time, but more energy and radiation per unit time, since the beam is concentrated towards the transmitting device. I don't know how that would affect the person using the device, but it would reduce radiation exposure in people who stay away from transmitting devices. But as long as old standards (3G, 4G, old Wifi) are still around, it won't change much.

OP
S
Beamforming means shorter transfer time
How so?
more energy and radiation per unit time, since the beam is concentrated towards the transmitting device
If it doesn't have to go through walls to reach a certain strength at the user, there will be both less radiation in general, and probably less radiation at the user as well. If the path is cleaner there is no reason to employ more energy than when the path is more chaotic. Yes, there is some extra work from the array to shape the beam, but it could hardly be more than the omnidirectional case, or else it wouldn't be advantageous.

evo21

If it doesn't have to go through walls to reach a certain strength at the user, there will be both less radiation in general, and probably less radiation at the user as well. If the path is cleaner there is no reason to employ more energy than when the path is more chaotic. Yes, there is some extra work from the array to shape the beam, but it could hardly be more than the omnidirectional case, or else it wouldn't be advantageous.

Right, i forgot about the path being cleaner. And if they manage to reduce the need for redundancy, they can reduce energy at the same speeds. But they are planning to increase speeds to 1Gbps or even 10Gbps, so i don't know how that will turn out.

OP
S
Right, i forgot about the path being cleaner. And if they manage to reduce the need for redundancy, they can reduce energy at the same speeds. But they are planning to increase speeds to 1Gbps or even 10Gbps, so i don't know how that will turn out.
They will probably keep everything at the limit to squeeze the most out of it... keep the energy at the same legal limits as usual...

Tarmander

How similar would it be to the type of radar they use at airports? Isn't that up to 300 ghz?

OP
S
How similar would it be to the type of radar they use at airports? Isn't that up to 300 ghz?
Seems it is higher frequency. But certain wifi channels are already programmed to detect military radars and turn off accordingly.

Waynish

Hasn't been studied enough, but I would tend for lower energy if I were to bet my biology on it. Better placement of more 5GHz routers, I'd say. Repeaters are usually wasteful.

Tarmander

Seems it is higher frequency. But certain wifi channels are already programmed to detect military radars and turn off accordingly.

Well I can tell you, people who work around those radars are not healthy people. I lived close to one for a few days and was dizzy and couldn't concentrate.

OP
S
Well I can tell you, people who work around those radars are not healthy people. I lived close to one for a few days and was dizzy and couldn't concentrate.
There's a viral video going around of an ex-soldier who has to shave his head because it's so bald, and he says he wore an IED jammer on his back.

Tarmander

There's a viral video going around of an ex-soldier who has to shave his head because it's so bald, and he says he wore an IED jammer on his back.

One of these?
IMG_4479.JPG

I'm not sure a tinfoil hat would even help

OP
S
One of these?
View attachment 6434

I'm not sure a tinfoil hat would even help
LOL Well it's a good proof of concept that emf can be harmful... I also knew a guy who was a force of nature but had the same exact patchy baldness at 23. He was a pool lifeguard. Perhaps chlorine can act similarly.

Tarmander

LOL Well it's a good proof of concept that emf can be harmful... I also knew a guy who was a force of nature but had the same exact patchy baldness at 23. He was a pool lifeguard. Perhaps chlorine can act similarly.
Too much DHT dontchaknow :D

Kari Rastas

I have over the past few years been doing quite a bit of research about what is called Pulsed Microwave Radiation that is emitted from wifi and mobile phones. What I discovered has shocked me and I have tried to spread public awareness about this. Most people think you are a nutter or have some sort of mental dysfunction. I got suspicious about this radiation because of my background in electrical engineering and my hobbies of using ham radio and UHF transceivers. This type of radiation has been proven to be quite detrimental to the DNA in human bodies if absorbed for long periods of time. But the difference with the radiation emitted by mobile wireless technology is possibly as dangerous as ex rays. Some studies have shown the same cell damage from using a cellphone for 24hours is equivalent to 1,600 chest exrays. I don't know how accurate or the types of conditions that test was done under but with very little proper ongoing research I believe it is a concern. The telecommunications industry of coarse tell us that there is nothing to worry about as do most world governments. But a lot of researchers and highly qualified people like microwave weapons designers have stated that the frequencies of the cellular networks will damage the DNA in our bodies over time. One doctor went as far as saying that if it's use is continued that in 60 years 1 out of 8 children will be born normal. There is a wealth of information out there with over 8000 papers and studies done that seem to confirm this. They say that young children and teenagers are at the most risk. Apparently no in depth studies or research has ever been done on the effects on the reproductive systems of either gender. And since they announced the introduction of 5g nothing is being done or said about these issues. Just wondering if anyone else has done any research on this subject.

Kari Rastas

This man has extensive experience in microwave radiation and doesn't paint a very good picture about it being used for wireless transmittions.

achillea

It does penetrate the skin. It is the same frequencie in microwave weaponry.
It is the eugenics wavelength. Lots of talk on the forum about virility etc. Take into account laptops, cell phones all on the genitals

This is a random article but pretty good. You tube has all kinds of info on the dangers.
5G Radiation Dangers – 11 Reasons To Be Concerned
Thousands of studies link low-level wireless radio frequency radiation exposures to a long list of adverse biological effects, including:
DNA single and double strand breaks
oxidative damage
disruption of cell metabolism
increased blood brain barrier permeability
melatonin reduction
disruption to brain glucose metabolism
generation of stress proteins

OP
S
The heat-ray weapons are 95GHz, not 60. 5G is a family of different technologies with different frequencies. I'm tired of the term "5G" being thrown around alt-media sources as if it indicates anything well defined or even substantially different from the previous generation of mobile technologies.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals