trew

haidut said:
Yes, it does not seem to affect sleep and in fact may promote it through cortisol opposition. But it does not make me sedated like progesterone does. It stacks great with Gonadin and Pansterone. I usually use a single dose of Gonadin daily (8 drops) and it seemed to stack well with 10 drops 6-keto. When stacked with Pansterone I use 10 drops 6-keto with 4 drops Pansterone and for me that exceeds the effects of 10mg oral T dissolved in vitamin E. So, it seems to match the study which said the 6-keto should have about 2/3 of the effects of T, which means using a dose about 1/3 higher could match a given dose of T. In other words, is the goal is to match the effects of 10mg T, then about 15mg of 6-keto should be able to do it. Have not tried it with Diamant yet, so if you do please share your experience.

how does this supp compare to cypro? I want the cortisol lowering effects of cypro without the drowsiness and personality changes.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
how does this supp compare to cypro? I want the cortisol lowering effects of cypro without the drowsiness and personality changes.

That was my original hope for this product - it can oppose cortisol without the sedation that both progesterone and cypro do. Based on that study showing muscle hypertrophy, which is primarily due to cortisol blocking, it may have such effects.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It was brought to my attention that Ray's email response should be kept in this thread. I moved the off topic portion including his email response when I split the thread so I'm quoting the email here for reference.
Email subject: 6-ketoprogesterone
Q: "Hi ray, i was wondering if i could get your thoughts on this compound. Haidut has quoted you as saying that it's structural features could impart properties on it of the main beneficial steroids you've written about, and he quoted you describing sleep and dream quality as a way of ascertaining the utility of novel compounds. I personally dont like how he uses your name to sell his products, but some say im over reacting, and im wondering if you had any feelings on that as well, haidut quoting you, explicitly or implicitly, to sell his products."

Ray: "If something has been seriously investigated for several decades, with a perfect safety record, I might cautiously experiment with it myself, but that’s something I have rarely done. I hear that people are selling things as if I had recommended them, often things that I have warned could be risky. Here are other email comments I’ve made about that particular substance:
= Where have you heard about it? I’ve seen it advertised for body builders, but I don’t know of actual research with it. Large doses seem very likely to interfere with progesterone functions, which might cause brain problems.

= It’s that progesterone has extensive functions that are essential for survival in good health, and something which closely resembles its structure is likely to interfere in those processes. It could take years for irreversible and disastrous effects to be noticed.

= I think there’s far too little information to judge the risks confidently; I would want at least some good long term animal studies before I tried one of them."
Please see this thread for the discussion of Peat's email response.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/posts/360833/

vetiver

Any idea if this would have an effect on gallbladder functioning? I can no longer take progesterone for this reason.

Gl;itch.e

Any evidence of utility on hair follicles? I understand cortisol is a likely player there. Just curious

Pointless

Any evidence of utility on hair follicles? I understand cortisol is a likely player there. Just curious

This makes my hair and skin so soft and smooth. The outside of my elbows is legit like a baby's. My crow's feet are gone.

opethfeldt

If the primary (or only) benefit of 6-keto progesterone is the lowering of cortisol, what advantage does this have versus something like Lapodin? I understand they both lower cortisol via different mechanisms. Is there an advantage of 6-ketoprogesterone? Longer duration of cortisol antagonism?

Mauritio

Any comparisons between this in contrast to Diamant ?

Last edited:

Mauritio

Pointless

Okay... could you elaborate a bit ?

Diamant is alert and energizing while 6-keto is mellow and relaxing. There may be some cortisol inhibition with both, but other than that they have nothing in common as far as I know.

Mauritio

Diamant is alert and energizing while 6-keto is mellow and relaxing. There may be some cortisol inhibition with both, but other than that they have nothing in common as far as I know.
okay thank you for the clarification.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals