6 easy sleep tips (come and share yours!)

1. Eat the last meal of the day at least 2 hours away from bedtime. (Blood can then be used for brain repair instead of digestion).
  2. Put cell phones on airplane mode while asleep. (Prevents it from irradiating nearby asleep persons).
  3. Stand on or hold a small piece of aluminum foil for 1-2 minutes just before falling asleep. (Discharges excess electricity from the body).
  4. Don't sleep near live wall outlets. (Radiating electricity from the wall can also disrupt sleep).
  5. Stop looking at bright screens and being exposed to bright lights within one hour of bed. (Bright light tells the brain to stop producing melatonin).
  6. Use sleepyti.me to set an alarm for an exact time in which you're not in the middle of a sleep cycle to prevent drowsiness when waking. (Waking up in the middle of a deep or rapid-eye-movement sleep phase is what makes us feel like a ton of bricks are on our eyelids when we first wake up).
sketch-1621982769579.png

*it's not that I find these to be "easy" per say, but rather that they offer the best bang for the buck.

Sefton10

Number 1 was a big one for me. Tried to make the ice cream or milk with honey etc before bed work but always made sleep worse. Much better for me to finish eating a good 3 hours before bed.

aniepodam

Go for walking at least 1h daily (preferably when the sun is fully up or after last meal).

jerry.j

If anyone is on their laptop in bed before going to sleep, shutting the screen (putting it to sleep) will likely still cause wifi EMF to be emitted. I tested this on my macbook pro. You need to actually disable wifi before putting it to sleep.

Though I can't say this has helped my sleep at all but it is at least good to know if you are concerned about irradiating yourself.

Hirri

The most important for me is eat enough and especially in the evening (maybe not right before bed but at least 2 hours before a big meal should be consumed or enough food throughout the day but something light anyways in the evening, NEVER skip dinner). Others less important but also good ones: * not overthink sleep, just let body do its thing, don't try too hard * good pillow * silence * be outside during the day as much as possible preferebly in the nature * valerian extract if anxious

ScottinYYC

Your #1 is number one for me as well. The classic restaurant dinner with red wine and dessert absolutely crushes my sleep. My latest hack with profound affect is mouth taping. I use 3M micropore tape and it works like a charm...sometimes get three nights out of one strip. My wife says there's no snoring, no sleep apnea, and no more extreme morning breath. And if I ever forget to tape or laze out...my mouth is closed way more than it used to be.

Hirri

Your #1 is number one for me as well. The classic restaurant dinner with red wine and dessert absolutely crushes my sleep. My latest hack with profound affect is mouth taping. I use 3M micropore tape and it works like a charm...sometimes get three nights out of one strip. My wife says there's no snoring, no sleep apnea, and no more extreme morning breath. And if I ever forget to tape or laze out...my mouth is closed way more than it used to be.
By crushes you mean like ruins your sleep? Because for me the classic dinner with red wine and dessert would make the sleep amazing.

ScottinYYC

By crushes you mean like ruins your sleep? Because for me the classic dinner with red wine and dessert would make the sleep amazing.
Red wine crushes me. 10 years ago she loved me but not anymore. I wonder if Ray has any theories as to why red wine bites once you turn 60

Old Irenaeus

I tape my mouth shut and also have the bed elevated at the head about 6 inches. And I use an eye mask. I need to find a way to fix #4 above.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals