Owen B

I think the reductions in libido come from its potent anti-estrogenic effects. Some estrogen is needed in males for libido. Higher doses of saturated steroids like DHT and androsterone have the same libido-reducing effects. I think combining 5a-DHP with DHEA or even low dose pregnenolone (10mg - 20mg) should help in that regard. Anti-androgenic effects manifest mostly as flacid penis, sagging muscle and less facial/body hair and by all accounts so far 5a-DHP does NOT have these effects. However, it did tank estrogen below lower end of normal range in a few people who used it, so that would be my guess for now.
How about using Gonadin here? If the 5a-DHP is getting anti-androgenic or driving estrogen too low?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
How about using Gonadin here? If the 5a-DHP is getting anti-androgenic or driving estrogen too low?

I think that would be a good addition to try. Some people reported great effects from combining with Pansterone as well.

Owen B

Just for the benefit of a newbie with a woeful science IQ, would anyone weigh in on the subject of the inhibitory system?

It came up on this thread and I'm confused about it. What is the significance of healthy agonism in the inhibitory system? Can there be too much agonism? And what does inhibitory antagonism mean?

And would there be a healthy expression of inhibitory antagonism?

I'm not really sure that I'm even asking intelligible ?s.

LegendeLic

One other thing to add, Rat has been breaking out in hives for the last few nights, since starting 5a DHP they have not returned. Apparrently GABA has some involvement in allergies.

anyone else using 5adhp feeling or experiencing an reduction in allergy symptoms? just asking because i think it has some positive impact on my allergies as well...

anyone else using 5adhp feeling or experiencing an reduction in allergy symptoms? just asking because i think it has some positive impact on my allergies as well...

I think I remember hearing on this forum or Ray Peat say that estrogen makes people more susceptible to allergies. I'll let someone else chime in, but my guess is the lowering of estrogen is doing it.

M

member 6316

would you guys say 5-dhp is the best way to inhibit CRF1 ? better than progesterone and pregnenolone? Also a question about allopregnanolone is it not possible to take it directly?

(edit) just read haidut other thread, pregnenolone is the best inhibitor of crh apparantly.. thats confusing, you get so much cholestrol from food which converts to pregnenolone so idk why it is more potent than 5-dhp.

Last edited by a moderator:

sele

Hello @haidut
What's your best androgen for a catabolic female rat with very high estrone levels?
5α-Dihydroprogesterone or Androsterone?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hello @haidut
What's your best androgen for a catabolic female rat with very high estrone levels?
5α-Dihydroprogesterone or Androsterone?

If it is a female then a combination of progesterone + vitamin E could be better.

ddjd

is there any reason why 5aDHP might increase the need for b6 pyridoxine hydrochloride?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
is there any reason why 5aDHP might increase the need for b6 pyridoxine hydrochloride?

Anything that increases metabolism increases need for B vitamins, but I am not aware of 5a-DHP having any specific B6-depleting effects.

MCurtone

@haidut

First off, thanks for this information and the product. I ordered it and I'm having problems with it.

It doesn't matter how much I heat it up, it takes 20 minutes just to get 5 drops out. I actually had to squeeze so hard that the bottle cap exploded and I lost 3/4 of the bottle in an instant.

Any fixes? Could I use a standard dropper?

Have no results yet to report for the rat.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

First off, thanks for this information and the product. I ordered it and I'm having problems with it.

It doesn't matter how much I heat it up, it takes 20 minutes just to get 5 drops out. I actually had to squeeze so hard that the bottle cap exploded and I lost 3/4 of the bottle in an instant.

Any fixes? Could I use a standard dropper?

Have no results yet to report for the rat.

Sorry about this.
Could be just a defective dropper. It depends on when it was bought as I don't think we have had an issues with it in the last 2 months. You can try pushing a needle or paperclip through the dropper and if that does not work I can send you a new bottle.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

inthedark

@haidut I just read the related thread that talks about research showing 5adhp having potentially adverse effects on breast cancer. In that thread you said you were considering dropping the product. That was some time ago. I'm considering 5adhp as a replacement for progesterone for a female rat who could use it's potential anti-estrogenic and anti-prolactin properties. Did you come upon any research or make a conclusion that lead you to continue with the product? I do see there's a note on the website leading to the thread.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut I just read the related thread that talks about research showing 5adhp having potentially adverse effects on breast cancer. In that thread you said you were considering dropping the product. That was some time ago. I'm considering 5adhp as a replacement for progesterone for a female rat who could use it's potential anti-estrogenic and anti-prolactin properties. Did you come upon any research or make a conclusion that lead you to continue with the product? I do see there's a note on the website leading to the thread.

I would not use it if there is breast cancer. My original intent for 5a-DHP was simply as efficient precursor to allopregnanolone. The estrogen/prolactin reductions are nice to have but given Peat's thoughts on it I would not risk it.

inthedark

I would not use it if there is breast cancer. My original intent for 5a-DHP was simply as efficient precursor to allopregnanolone. The estrogen/prolactin reductions are nice to have but given Peat's thoughts on it I would not risk it.

There's no breast cancer present so I'll probably go ahead with it. I was just curious if anything had change as the debate seems to have tapered off and people are still posting positive experiences since on this thread. Thanks very much for the quick response!

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
There's breast cancer present so I'll probably go ahead with it. I was just curious if anything had change as the debate seems to have tapered off and people are still posting positive experiences since on this thread. Thanks very much for the quick response!

I think most of the experiences are related to mental effects and mood improvement. Again, if there is breast cancer present I would not go ahead with it unless the doctor is OK with it. Maybe you can ask Peat again? Maybe he has new insight to offer.

inthedark

I think most of the experiences are related to mental effects and mood improvement. Again, if there is breast cancer present I would not go ahead with it unless the doctor is OK with it. Maybe you can ask Peat again? Maybe he has new insight to offer.
Oooops sorry I meant there's NO breast cancer present. Bad typo. I'll go edit that.

inthedark

I'm having trouble with just one more thing here. What would be the appropriate dose to replace about 80mg of progesterone daily? I'm seeing people in this thread advising around 5mg 5a-DHP but I'm also seeing the studies suggesting .2mg per kilogram, which for this person (who weighs 90kg) would mean about 20mg 5a-DHP -a dose verging on too high, according to a few posts-. Maybe I've somehow done the math wrong but I'm not sure how to reconcile these numbers. Also to achieve the estrogen and prolactin suppression would a daily dose be needed? Sorry if these questions were covered, I read through the thread but maybe I missed something.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals