johnwester130

I took 20 drops this morning, and...nothing. At least, it may be acting behind the scenes, but I feel nothing obvious. It's too bad, because I have a party to go to tonight and would have liked some extra calm and a mood boost.

i think it works much better with b6 and something like taurine, b6 is essential to activate things that increase dopamine

But I still think caution should be advised when using it

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
in this situation where progesterone doesnt convert into allopregnenolone, does it turn into estrogen?

It is very hard for progesterone to turn into estrogen. It has to go through androstenedione first, and humans do not metabolize through this pathway much. Also, progesterone is an aromatase inhibitor, so it will oppose its own conversion to estrogen regardless of the metabolic pathway it chooses. I have not seen studies on progesterone raising estrogen. If you have any please share.

M-dog

How to resolve clogging issue?
EDIT: never mind, it unclogged itself after a while in room temperature

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
How to resolve clogging issue?
EDIT: never mind, it unclogged itself after a while in room temperature

Yep, since 5a-DHP is very lipophilic it can get the solution very viscous at low temp. But keeping at room temp makes it liquid enough again to come out of the dropper. I am trying to make the solution with less tocopherols, which should resolve the clogging even at low temps.

jaakkima

Is there a real way to determine one's 5-AR activity (by labwork or other than just trying this)?

Mauritio

Its my first day taking it today:
took 5 drops on my tongue on 1 drop on eyebrows...
effects: great relaxation , chilled feeling, great mood , feel like i spend the day on the beach and not working :lol:
cant really say anything about ability to focus yet , but will study for some time later this evening ..

Does 5a dhp only stimulate the thyroid via suppression of prolactin or is there any other mechanism ?
Also @haidut what is your personal opinion on this product and hair loss. some people in this forum think its caused by prolactin, estrogen and cortisol (not dht) which are all inhibited by 5 adhp ,so it should benefit my hair or at least not initiate further loss ?!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Its my first day taking it today:
took 5 drops on my tongue on 1 drop on eyebrows...
effects: great relaxation , chilled feeling, great mood , feel like i spend the day on the beach and not working :lol:
cant really say anything about ability to focus yet , but will study for some time later this evening ..

Does 5a dhp only stimulate the thyroid via suppression of prolactin or is there any other mechanism ?
Also @haidut what is your personal opinion on this product and hair loss. some people in this forum think its caused by prolactin, estrogen and cortisol (not dht) which are all inhibited by 5 adhp ,so it should benefit my hair or at least not initiate further loss ?!

I can't talk about potential benefit for hair loss as it is an actual condition, but no - it should not increase the hair loss.

Mauritio

I can't talk about potential benefit for hair loss as it is an actual condition, but no - it should not increase the hair loss.
okay thx , good to know that ...
and what about influcence on thyroid ?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Mauritio

There are no reported effects on thyroid either.
ok gotcha ;) but still there should be better thyroid function through lowered prolactin ..

ddjd

My 5adhp was completely blocked but only half empty so took the lid off and it's turned into this semi crystalline form and blocked any liquid from getting out. What is this? Any suggestions?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
My 5adhp was completely blocked but only half empty so took the lid off and it's turned into this semi crystalline form and blocked any liquid from getting out. What is this? Any suggestions?

Probably solidified during travel through very cold climate. The 5a-DHP is very lipophilic and can get really viscous and sometimes even solid at low temps. Just warm up in the microwave for about 10sec and then stir. It should dissolve again.

Vinero

I finally tried this compound. It feels exactly like a benzodiazepine. I like it, it feels different and more androgenic than regular progesterone.
I have read all the 5a-dhp threads but couldn't find if this 5a-DHP could interfere with taking progesterone.
I have a bottle of Progest-E and I am unsure if I can use Progesterone and 5a-DHP together on the same day.
I think you have said in the past that combining T and DHT would be a very good combination of steroids to take.
In the same vein, Progesterone and 5a-DHP could be a good combination too since 5a-DHP is the 5-ar reduced form of progesterone, just as DHT is the 5-ar reduced form of Testosterone.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I finally tried this compound. It feels exactly like a benzodiazepine. I like it, it feels different and more androgenic than regular progesterone.
I have read all the 5a-dhp threads but couldn't find if this 5a-DHP could interfere with taking progesterone.
I have a bottle of Progest-E and I am unsure if I can use Progesterone and 5a-DHP together on the same day.
I think you have said in the past that combining T and DHT would be a very good combination of steroids to take.
In the same vein, Progesterone and 5a-DHP could be a good combination too since 5a-DHP is the 5-ar reduced form of progesterone, just as DHT is the 5-ar reduced form of Testosterone.

I think they can be combined, and the combination will likely force progesterone down the other pathways including the one to androstenedione/T.

Mauritio

@haidut
i wanted to ask something: how do you explain that the effects wear of after continued use ?
the first day i felt sooo much better like the person i should be , so balanced and everything
this effect kind wears of . i mean still feel better but i dont think that you just get used to the effect as some say. especially not in a matter of days. there have also been some others that report the same.
I first thought that the effect should become stronger over time since there is a positive feedbackloop , so i dont really unserstand the physiological mechansism behind it. maybe receptor desesitization ?

SO should we cycle it to maintain great effects ?
Has anyone used it over weeks and maintained the benefits?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut
i wanted to ask something: how do you explain that the effects wear of after continued use ?
the first day i felt sooo much better like the person i should be , so balanced and everything
this effect kind wears of . i mean still feel better but i dont think that you just get used to the effect as some say. especially not in a matter of days. there have also been some others that report the same.
I first thought that the effect should become stronger over time since there is a positive feedbackloop , so i dont really unserstand the physiological mechansism behind it. maybe receptor desesitization ?

SO should we cycle it to maintain great effects ?
Has anyone used it over weeks and maintained the benefits?

This seems to be common with steroid use and maybe why cycling seems needed. It could also be that the allopregnanolone pathways have saturated and now you are "normal". The initial strong effects are probably due to the large change/restoration when first starting to use it given that there is initial deficiency that needs to be corrected. As that levels off, the effects wane as well. The expectation should not be for something to turn a person into a blissful creature with no worry about the world. The expectation should be restoration of normalcy and regular functioning, with its ebbs and flow and ups and downs. Being only up or down is usually not an indication of normalcy.

Mauritio

thanks ;)
just wanted to add how powerfull this is in lowering estrogen ! i considered my self (male) to be estrogen dominant and in matter of 4 days i had symptoms of low estrogen . icouldnt believe it!
so now i am trying to find a dosage than i cant take at least a few times per week that doesnt lower my estrogen to point of not beeing able to have and errection or sleep min 9-10 hours or stuff like that ...

belcanto

@haidut
Hi, I am interested in trying the 5a-DHP as my body doesn't make much pregnenolone (or hence estrogen), though unfortunately gives me too much testosterone! (This is a mild 21-OH deficiency, NC-CAH, so my estrogen levels are "normal.") I am currently taking a 100-mg pregnenolone capsule daily and am enjoying the energy (or maybe that could be from the mushroom supplement at the same time). So here are my questions - 1) Is taking 5a-DHP a good idea in my situation? 2) Should I stop the pregnenolone if I do take it?

Thanks! You always help all of us.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut
Hi, I am interested in trying the 5a-DHP as my body doesn't make much pregnenolone (or hence estrogen), though unfortunately gives me too much testosterone! (This is a mild 21-OH deficiency, NC-CAH, so my estrogen levels are "normal.") I am currently taking a 100-mg pregnenolone capsule daily and am enjoying the energy (or maybe that could be from the mushroom supplement at the same time). So here are my questions - 1) Is taking 5a-DHP a good idea in my situation? 2) Should I stop the pregnenolone if I do take it?

Thanks! You always help all of us.

You can try, but I would stick to a low dose of 5mg daily so that it does not push estrogen even lower. Androgens like androsterone also have mood boosting effects through increase in BDNF, so could be a better option for a male.