OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Makes sense. Doesn't sound ideal in any way though compared to androgen steroids.

The androgenicity was a (welcomed) side benefit. The main impetus for releasing 5a-DHP was as an immediate precursor to allopregnanolone, which is severely lacking in many people due to downregulation of 5-AR.
Androsterone would be much better as an androgen if that is the goal.

Texon

@haidut
Well I have to say this product is very impressive. Off/on use has demonstrated to me convincingly that it lets me sleep through the night 6-7 hrs without a wake-up to urinate, and I feel much more refreshed. I am 65 and healthy but have struggled with sleep issues most of my adult life. I have dosed this topically with 5 & 7 drops in groin area and will try 6 tonight same zone. When I tried 1 drop above my eyebrows in the morning, I felt uncomfortably drugged for a good part of the day. I heard somewhere that absorption in that area is over 40x better than other skin areas. I am also on IM test cyp 50 mgs E3D, 10-20 mgs dhea per day, so have to say I'm feeling pretty good lately. However the dramatic sleep improvement/less angst did north take place until taking the 5a-dhp. Still need to find out if I can take it every day or do I need to cycle it.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut
Well I have to say this product is very impressive. Off/on use has demonstrated to me convincingly that it lets me sleep through the night 6-7 hrs without a wake-up to urinate, and I feel much more refreshed. I am 65 and healthy but have struggled with sleep issues most of my adult life. I have dosed this topically with 5 & 7 drops in groin area and will try 6 tonight same zone. When I tried 1 drop above my eyebrows in the morning, I felt uncomfortably drugged for a good part of the day. I heard somewhere that absorption in that area is over 40x better than other skin areas. I am also on IM test cyp 50 mgs E3D, 10-20 mgs dhea per day, so have to say I'm feeling pretty good lately. However the dramatic sleep improvement/less angst did north take place until taking the 5a-dhp. Still need to find out if I can take it every day or do I need to cycle it.

Excellent, thanks so much for the feedback! May I ask about the source of the claim that rubbing above eyebrows has much higher absorption of substances? That would be pretty interesting to research further.

PUTFOT

The androgenicity was a (welcomed) side benefit. The main impetus for releasing 5a-DHP was as an immediate precursor to allopregnanolone, which is severely lacking in many people due to downregulation of 5-AR.
What does allopregnanolone do? What are the benefits or increasing it?

PUTFOT

Wondering why androsterone over 11 keto?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Wondering why androsterone over 11 keto?

Because it actually converts into DHT. The 11-keto DHT is also a type of DHT but very few studies are available on it and there is no evidence that it has the thyromimetic or trophic effects of androsterone. It may, we just don't know yet.

Texon

Excellent, thanks so much for the feedback! May I ask about the source of the claim that rubbing above eyebrows has much higher absorption of substances? That would be pretty interesting to research further.
I'll try to get that...I just saw it recently in an ad for testosterone gel. Plus, an endocrinologist I know would always recommend putting compounded T3 cream over the eyebrows because of the generous blood supply there. Seems to make some sense considering how bloody fighters can get from cuts over their eyes.

PUTFOT

Because it actually converts into DHT. The 11-keto DHT is also a type of DHT but very few studies are available on it and there is no evidence that it has the thyromimetic or trophic effects of androsterone. It may, we just don't know yet.
Well from the publications you did find on 11 keto it looks VERY VERY good. Longer half life than dht itself. I'm wondering how 11 keto is made in the body, does it form into 11 keto from dht or what?

You said yourself: "Yes, I find it actually being more potent than DHT and, as the study above said, much longer lasting."
"I find 11-keto DHT to be stronger anti-aromatase than anastrozole"

11 keto would be the ideal androgen steroid.

Rad

OK, thanks. The temps must be quite low in UK. Anyways, putting in a glass of hot (but not boiling) water for a few minutes and then shaking well should dissolve it completely.
I am very glad to hear it helps. If you get some blood tests, especially for cortisol and insulin or androgens (due to the insulin intake) please share if you will.

I have actually just received a weather station for monitoring the high humidity in my flat/apartment. It says the temperature has been between 17.1 and 18.1 c. Currently at 18.1c /64.58f and liquid is cloudy.

I don't know if the cycling of temperature makes a difference. We have storage heaters that keep the place warm but don't maintain a steady temperature because you have to release the heat. Anyway, product works well and only requires a shake or a warm up to get going and also, no trouble at all with the dropper.

Rad

Edited as I couldn't see how to delete post as it posted twice.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have actually just received a weather station for monitoring the high humidity in my flat/apartment. It says the temperature has been between 17.1 and 18.1 c. Currently at 18.1c /64.58f and liquid is cloudy.

I don't know if the cycling of temperature makes a difference. We have storage heaters that keep the place warm but don't maintain a steady temperature because you have to release the heat. Anyway, product works well and only requires a shake or a warm up to get going and also, no trouble at all with the dropper.

Some precipitation may occur but it probably happened during the shipping. I have a bottle kept at 5 degrees Celsius and there is no cloudiness. I think getting it warmed up and shaking so that the cloudiness disappears should keep it in clear state unless it is taken to a very cold place. I will also look into increasing the tocopherol concentration in the mixture, which tends to make it harder to precipitate.

Pointless

This gives me diarrhea whenever I use it. I never get this effect from any other estrogen-lowering substance.

5a-DHP still gives me diarrhea in low doses, but I have gotten this effect from long cycles of 11-keto DHT, so it is something that I get from other estrogen-lowering supplements. It's just much stronger with 5a-DHP.

Jimmyjonas

Looks very interesting, a question I have regarding application, where on body/skin is the best place to apply? I'm having finasteride related problems namely in lower region, could it be applied around groin, good or bad idea? Thanks

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Looks very interesting, a question I have regarding application, where on body/skin is the best place to apply? I'm having finasteride related problems namely in lower region, could it be applied around groin, good or bad idea? Thanks

The finasteride effects in the lower region are probably due to lowered DHT synthesis. Not sure if place of application matters, but for libido issues I think pregnenolone/DHEA may be better. The 5a-DHP in doses of 5-6 drops daily should mostly increase allopregnanolone, lower estrogen and prolactin. The conversion into DHT happens in higher doses (15mg+ daily).

satsumass

Forum Supporter
View attachment 4349 View attachment 4350

It came back whilst I was out. House a bit colder today (u.k).

The silence in my brain from this is very, very nice. I only just joined the forum because for the past 3,4, however many years I've lurked I couldn't type enough to join in or say anything useful. Would get crushing fatigue, pressure build up in head, feel like hemispheres being cleaved in 2. I've just started intranasal insulin at the start of December and I can right and talk with people again (talking also caused same symtpoms). I had 2 days off to see what 5adhp would be like without the insulin and the fatigue came back on day 2 quite strongly although the physiological(?), organic (?) stillness remained. So back on insulin and the two together is very relieving.

View attachment 4347 View attachment 4348
Hi Rad,

Can you explain what you're using intranasal insulin for? I have heard this only mentioned in the context of alzheimers, very very early stage research thus far (true?). I have bipolar disorder 2 and struggle with a lot of cognitive/attention issues. Any information and more detail on your experience/diagnosis with intranasal insulin would be super helpful!

Rad

Hi Rad,

Can you explain what you're using intranasal insulin for? I have heard this only mentioned in the context of alzheimers, very very early stage research thus far (true?). I have bipolar disorder 2 and struggle with a lot of cognitive/attention issues. Any information and more detail on your experience/diagnosis with intranasal insulin would be super helpful!

I set a thread up to avoid filling this one up unnecessarily.

Tim1961

Thanks Haidut for all your great research products will you be getting any more 5a-DHP anytime soon? Thanks Tim

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks Haidut for all your great research products will you be getting any more 5a-DHP anytime soon? Thanks Tim

Well, it is available right now. What do you mean by getting any more 5a-DHP?

grenade

Ray Peat has patented formulations that combine DHEA and progesterone in a oil/tocopherol mixture for the sake of combatting joint pain and arthritis.

@haidut - any idea if this would work in a similar manner for joint ailments? I'm looking to research this for healing injuries of the tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and fibrocartilage in rats.

edit: if anyone else would like to chime in, I'd appreciate it.

TubZy

I found this chart which helps show 5a-DHP throughout the entire conversion- pretty cool. 5a-DHT and 5a-DHDOC would be cool to try. If 5a-DHDOC is associated with cortisol that is why maybe my cortisol is low since the 5AR conversion is still partially inhibited or downregulated...

Is there any way to upregulate 5AR expression in the brain particularly..actually glycine and caffeine look like they do. I do feel much better from a 200mg caffeine pill but not sure if that is from the rise in cortisol or 5AR brain activity.

fKFmAfr.jpg

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals