OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
View attachment 4346

Sure. I've discovered if I heat with red light and shake vigorously for several minutes it dissolves relatively well; I thought it was more of a suspension than it was due to the presence of very small bubbles the shaking would create.

This picture is about 90 minutes after use/shaking; if it sits overnight the amount of precipitate is approximately double this--just enough to fully coat the bottom of the bottle. My apologies for the sub-par photo quality. I think you can still more or less clearly see a bit of a white ring around the bottom there.

Unrelated: these new bottles with the very thin stem built in are fantastic and make application much, much easier!

Thanks. This is indeed weird, as nobody else has reported a similar issue and I looked at the bulk container for the next batch (which is sitting in a refrigerator) and it has no precipitation whatsoever. I can send you a replacement bottle with your next order.

Rad

Thanks. This is indeed weird, as nobody else has reported a similar issue and I looked at the bulk container for the next batch (which is sitting in a refrigerator) and it has no precipitation whatsoever. I can send you a replacement bottle with your next order.

I had some as well. It seemed to be enjoying the extra 'thickness', where the sides run into the bottom( the rim). Must be just a little cooler there. After 2 days of warming and rotating the bottle, it went and didn't come back. There is precipitation (vitE) in the middle of the bottle now, a floating cloud.

bruschi11

Same is happening to mine... Maybe it should be refrigerated? Will say it is really really good stuff, so I don't think it is effecting the effectiveness of the product especially if you just shake it up.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Same is happening to mine... Maybe it should be refrigerated? Will say it is really really good stuff, so I don't think it is effecting the effectiveness of the product especially if you just shake it up.

No, I would not refrigerate it. It may make the precipitation worse. I would warm it up instead and shake it. It should disappear like the previous post said.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I had some as well. It seemed to be enjoying the extra 'thickness', where the sides run into the bottom( the rim). Must be just a little cooler there. After 2 days of warming and rotating the bottle, it went and didn't come back. There is precipitation (vitE) in the middle of the bottle now, a floating cloud.

Can you please post a picture as well?

Rad

notmyhand.jpg
notmyhand2.jpg

It came back whilst I was out. House a bit colder today (u.k).

The silence in my brain from this is very, very nice. I only just joined the forum because for the past 3,4, however many years I've lurked I couldn't type enough to join in or say anything useful. Would get crushing fatigue, pressure build up in head, feel like hemispheres being cleaved in 2. I've just started intranasal insulin at the start of December and I can right and talk with people again (talking also caused same symtpoms). I had 2 days off to see what 5adhp would be like without the insulin and the fatigue came back on day 2 quite strongly although the physiological(?), organic (?) stillness remained. So back on insulin and the two together is very relieving.

View attachment 4347 View attachment 4348

PUTFOT

Questions for Haidut:

Haidut: So, for males you don't need to choose between progesterone and dht.

1. Really? Why does progesterone antagonize dht then?

2. Are you talking about progesterone or 5-a dihydroprogesterone? Which one is "better" for lack of better words?

3. Taking both dht and dhp will that lower estrogen and cortisol much more than taking just one of the two?

4. How would they need to be dosed? One day dht one day dhp? Is it a good idea to take both dht and dhp (in low doses)?

5. What else does 5-a dhp have the ability to convert to?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
View attachment 4349 View attachment 4350

It came back whilst I was out. House a bit colder today (u.k).

The silence in my brain from this is very, very nice. I only just joined the forum because for the past 3,4, however many years I've lurked I couldn't type enough to join in or say anything useful. Would get crushing fatigue, pressure build up in head, feel like hemispheres being cleaved in 2. I've just started intranasal insulin at the start of December and I can right and talk with people again (talking also caused same symtpoms). I had 2 days off to see what 5adhp would be like without the insulin and the fatigue came back on day 2 quite strongly although the physiological(?), organic (?) stillness remained. So back on insulin and the two together is very relieving.

View attachment 4347 View attachment 4348

OK, thanks. The temps must be quite low in UK. Anyways, putting in a glass of hot (but not boiling) water for a few minutes and then shaking well should dissolve it completely.
I am very glad to hear it helps. If you get some blood tests, especially for cortisol and insulin or androgens (due to the insulin intake) please share if you will.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Questions for Haidut:

Haidut: So, for males you don't need to choose between progesterone and dht.

1. Really? Why does progesterone antagonize dht then?

2. Are you talking about progesterone or 5-a dihydroprogesterone? Which one is "better" for lack of better words?

3. Taking both dht and dhp will that lower estrogen and cortisol much more than taking just one of the two?

4. How would they need to be dosed? One day dht one day dhp? Is it a good idea to take both dht and dhp (in low doses)?

5. What else does 5-a dhp have the ability to convert to?

All questions except #1 are answered in the thread. I suggest you read through it, and especially the original thread which discusses the pathways for conversion of 5a-DHP as as well as it effects on prolactin and estrogen in comparison to regular proegsterone.
As far as #1, when I say you don't have to choose between the two I mean ideally you would have both steroids be in a good range. Young children have high progesterone and high androsterone (metabolite of DHT), so clearly it is possible to have the best of both worlds. The antagonism of progesterone to DHT does not happen until you start taking pharmacological doses in the hundreds of milligrams, commonly used for transgender people. In the physiological doses Peat recommends (<50mg daily) for most people, progesterone is unlikely to cause much antagonism to DHT.

PUTFOT

All questions except #1 are answered in the thread. I suggest you read through it, and especially the original thread which discusses the pathways for conversion of 5a-DHP as as well as it effects on prolactin and estrogen in comparison to regular proegsterone.
As far as #1, when I say you don't have to choose between the two I mean ideally you would have both steroids be in a good range. Young children have high progesterone and high androsterone (metabolite of DHT), so clearly it is possible to have the best of both worlds. The antagonism of progesterone to DHT does not happen until you start taking pharmacological doses in the hundreds of milligrams, commonly used for transgender people. In the physiological doses Peat recommends (<50mg daily) for most people, progesterone is unlikely to cause much antagonism to DHT.
This steroid is used by transgender people.. For what?

Read the whole thread and no answer to question #3 and #4.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
This steroid is used by transgender people.. For what?

Read the whole thread and no answer to question #3 and #4.

Progesterone is considered an anti-androgenic therapy when used in very high doses and is still prescribed in some countries for transgender people. However, its use has been mostly replaced by newer and more toxic anti-androgen drugs like flutamide, finasteride, dutasteride, etc.
I would not use 11-keto DHT and 5a-DHP together. Maybe alternate days would be better. The 5a-DHP seems to produce the best effects when used on its own. As far as dosing, the original thread talks about the biphasic curve on 5a-DHP dosing. In doses of 5-6 drops and higher than 15 drops it lowers estrogen and prolactin, while in a dose of about 10 drops it does not have much effect or a very weak one.

PUTFOT

Progesterone is considered an anti-androgenic therapy when used in very high doses and is still prescribed in some countries for transgender people. However, its use has been mostly replaced by newer and more toxic anti-androgen drugs like flutamide, finasteride, dutasteride, etc.
I would not use 11-keto DHT and 5a-DHP together. Maybe alternate days would be better. The 5a-DHP seems to produce the best effects when used on its own. As far as dosing, the original thread talks about the biphasic curve on 5a-DHP dosing. In doses of 5-6 drops and higher than 15 drops it lowers estrogen and prolactin, while in a dose of about 10 drops it does not have much effect or a very weak one.
Knowing that bottles up the impression that progesterone and 5-ar-dhp is anti-androgen. Less maybe in smaller doses but still.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Knowing that bottles up the impression that progesterone and 5-ar-dhp is anti-androgen. Less maybe in smaller doses but still.

Progesterone in lower doses is used as to raise allopregnanolone. The synthesis of allopregnanolone reauires 5-AR activity. How can progesterone be inhibiting that enzyme if it raises allopregnanolone levels so reliably?
Allopregnanolone - Wikipedia
"...This seems to be a common effect of many GABAA receptor positive allosteric modulators.[25][30] In accordance, acute administration of low doses of micronized progesterone (which reliably elevates allopregnanolone levels), have been found to have negative effects on mood, while higher doses have a neutral effect.[31]"

johnwester130

I think this does block DHT . enough to reduce sex drive. However progesterone is very safe in men,

PUTFOT

Progesterone in lower doses is used as to raise allopregnanolone. The synthesis of allopregnanolone reauires 5-AR activity. How can progesterone be inhibiting that enzyme if it raises allopregnanolone levels so reliably?
Allopregnanolone - Wikipedia
"...This seems to be a common effect of many GABAA receptor positive allosteric modulators.[25][30] In accordance, acute administration of low doses of micronized progesterone (which reliably elevates allopregnanolone levels), have been found to have negative effects on mood, while higher doses have a neutral effect.[31]"
5-AR and DHT are not the same thing. So if it increases 5-AR and blocks DHT other steroids will convert but not dht.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
5-AR and DHT are not the same thing. So if it increases 5-AR and blocks DHT other steroids will convert but not dht.

How does it block DHT? Where did you see evidence for this? If anything, 5a-DHP is a pro-hormone for DHT. Did you read the original thread?

PUTFOT

How does it block DHT? Where did you see evidence for this? If anything, 5a-DHP is a pro-hormone for DHT. Did you read the original thread?
Yes I read it. They wouldn't be using it for Transgender operations then would they?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yes I read it. They wouldn't be using it for Transgender operations then would they?

The 5a-DHP is the progesterone that has already been 5-AR reduced. When used in sufficient doses it converts to androsterone. Did you see that part in the original thread? It's under the section "androgenic, pro-hormone", etc. Also, saturating a steroid (which 5a-DHP is) tends to make it androgenic.
Unsaturation = Estrogenic, Saturation = Androgenic

The transgender treatment is with 800mg+ regular progesterone daily, not 5a-DHP.

PUTFOT

The 5a-DHP is the progesterone that has already been 5-AR reduced. When used in sufficient doses it converts to androsterone. Did you see that part in the original thread? It's under the section "androgenic, pro-hormone", etc. Also, saturating a steroid (which 5a-DHP is) tends to make it androgenic.
Unsaturation = Estrogenic, Saturation = Androgenic

The transgender treatment is with 800mg+ regular progesterone daily, not 5a-DHP.
Makes sense. Doesn't sound ideal in any way though compared to androgen steroids.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals