Kennya

So I'm thinking keep my 5 -6 drops of pansterone and 2-3 drops of Androsterone at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Then take 5-7 drops of the 5a-DHP at bedtime...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So I'm thinking keep my 5 -6 drops of pansterone and 2-3 drops of Androsterone at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Then take 5-7 drops of the 5a-DHP at bedtime...

Sounds good to me.

Last edited:

Kennya

Sounds good to me. If the pansterone/andro combo stimulates you too much maybe you can skip the dinner dose and go straight to 5a-DHP.
Nah, the last dose is at 7-7:30p, bed isn't until 1:30 -2am, been doing this for awhile...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Nah, the last dose is at 7-7:30p, bed isn't until 1:30 -2am, been doing this for awhile...

Cool, sounds good to me.

Last edited:

TubZy

I will be returning home tonight from a business trip where my unopened 5a-DHP is. I will try 5 drops before bed tonight. I am taking nothing else besides preg and dhea which I didn't take today anyways.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I will be returning home tonight from a business trip where my unopened 5a-DHP is. I will try 5 drops before bed tonight. I am taking nothing else besides preg and dhea which I didn't take today anyways.

Last edited:

TubZy

I wanted to give my review on 5a-DHP. I took it last night and this morning. Each time I did 7 drops. I will try to make this post short so I don't make it too overwhelming.

Pros:
-calmness
-definitely increase in libido
-when I woke up I had increase in vascularity and muscle hardness despite eating fast food and missing the gym the past week due to travel
-slept like a rock

Cons:
-the stuff would not come out of the bottle at all, I had to use a pair of pliers and scissors to remove the top dropper part. I used my old thorne k2 dropper to measure it, so not sure how accurate it was compared to the standard idea labs bottle dropper.

I am taking nothing else besides pregnenolone and dhea along with magnesium chloride due to travel. I did not take the preg/dhea the past two days though including today.

This is actually my favorite supplement so far, I am going to increase the dosage tonight though to 12 drops. I would also add I suffered sides from finasteride and never really tried progesterone due to the fear of the estrogen conversion. The fact that this can't convert to estrogen is why it's so interesting to me.

I'm also not fully convinced yet from the negative studies that Ray posted, as well.

BobbyDukes

I've got the clogged issue too, and I haven't worked out how to get it flowing freely yet. I've tried blowing/sucking through the end of this dropper. I've stuck paper clips through the end of the dropper. Short of damaging the dropper to force a hole open (which might unfortunately mess up the accuracy of dosing, I guess?), I'm not sure what I can do at this stage. The product itself is a liquid for sure. Should be moving freely through the dropper. Is it a dodgy batch of droppers?

So tomorrow will be day two of taking this. Once I've sorted the clogging issue, I can start dosing it properly. Not sure how much I took today. I thought it seemed like a few drops. But haven't noticed much. Perhaps slight increase in mood, but really not sure tbh. Will also keep folk updated.

johnwester130

Why not put it in an aromatherapy glass bottle, and we can use our own dropper pipette ? like this

t9cidy.jpg

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I wanted to give my review on 5a-DHP. I took it last night and this morning. Each time I did 7 drops. I will try to make this post short so I don't make it too overwhelming.

Pros:
-calmness
-definitely increase in libido
-when I woke up I had increase in vascularity and muscle hardness despite eating fast food and missing the gym the past week due to travel
-slept like a rock

Cons:
-the stuff would not come out of the bottle at all, I had to use a pair of pliers and scissors to remove the top dropper part. I used my old thorne k2 dropper to measure it, so not sure how accurate it was compared to the standard idea labs bottle dropper.

I am taking nothing else besides pregnenolone and dhea along with magnesium chloride due to travel. I did not take the preg/dhea the past two days though including today.

This is actually my favorite supplement so far, I am going to increase the dosage tonight though to 12 drops. I would also add I suffered sides from finasteride and never really tried progesterone due to the fear of the estrogen conversion. The fact that this can't convert to estrogen is why it's so interesting to me.

I'm also not fully convinced yet from the negative studies that Ray posted, as well.

This is great feedback! Thanks for providing it. The issue with the droppers is that the liquid is too viscous in this cold weather. In temps of about 70+ degrees it flows out of the bottle rather easily but in colder weather it becomes like molasses. The vitamin E is a bit too much and that is why it gets so viscous. We will reduce the vitamin E for subsequent batches and it should improve the flow. Apologies for this, work in progress as every new product.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've got the clogged issue too, and I haven't worked out how to get it flowing freely yet. I've tried blowing/sucking through the end of this dropper. I've stuck paper clips through the end of the dropper. Short of damaging the dropper to force a hole open (which might unfortunately mess up the accuracy of dosing, I guess?), I'm not sure what I can do at this stage. The product itself is a liquid for sure. Should be moving freely through the dropper. Is it a dodgy batch of droppers?

So tomorrow will be day two of taking this. Once I've sorted the clogging issue, I can start dosing it properly. Not sure how much I took today. I thought it seemed like a few drops. But haven't noticed much. Perhaps slight increase in mood, but really not sure tbh. Will also keep folk updated.

The clogging issues should be resolved with the next batch. So, if you decide to order another one it should work just as well as EstroBan.

TubZy

This is great feedback! Thanks for providing it. The issue with the droppers is that the liquid is too viscous in this cold weather. In temps of about 70+ degrees it flows out of the bottle rather easily but in colder weather it becomes like molasses. The vitamin E is a bit too much and that is why it gets so viscous. We will reduce the vitamin E for subsequent batches and it should improve the flow. Apologies for this, work in progress as every new product.

No problem. Yup, that's probably why. It was in my mailbox for three days and it's pretty cold in jersey. It's actually really not much of an issue now, I just took the dropper off the bottle and just use my normal dropper when I dose it.

From this quote:

Furthermore, 5α-DHP (like other 5-AR derived steroids) can serve as raw material for synthesis of potent androgens such DHT, androstanedione, and androsterone. And unlilke other precursors such as DHEA, 5α-DHP does not seem to activate the same negative feedback mechanisms upon its conversion to DHT or other androgens.
Finally, to top it all off, 5α-DHP does not seem to possess anti-androgenic effects like regular progesterone. This should make it a bit more convenient for supplementation in males who are wary of using progesterone supplements. I think the saturation of the steroid is what removes some if its anti-androgenic effects while preserving the activation of the progesterone receptor.

You mention it doesn't have a negative feedback loop so that does that mean it has a positive feedback loop like pregnenolone? Basically, meaning if 5a-DHP was down regulated for some reason supplementing it for a while can help stimulate homeostasis/natural synthesis?

I just took 12 mg about 20min ago and I feel pretty good right now typing this lol.

aarfai

No problem. Yup, that's probably why. It was in my mailbox for three days and it's pretty cold in jersey. It's actually really not much of an issue now, I just took the dropper off the bottle and just use my normal dropper when I dose it.

From this quote:

Furthermore, 5α-DHP (like other 5-AR derived steroids) can serve as raw material for synthesis of potent androgens such DHT, androstanedione, and androsterone. And unlilke other precursors such as DHEA, 5α-DHP does not seem to activate the same negative feedback mechanisms upon its conversion to DHT or other androgens.
Finally, to top it all off, 5α-DHP does not seem to possess anti-androgenic effects like regular progesterone. This should make it a bit more convenient for supplementation in males who are wary of using progesterone supplements. I think the saturation of the steroid is what removes some if its anti-androgenic effects while preserving the activation of the progesterone receptor.

You mention it doesn't have a negative feedback loop so that does that mean it has a positive feedback loop like pregnenolone? Basically, meaning if 5a-DHP was down regulated for some reason supplementing it for a while can help stimulate homeostasis/natural synthesis?

I just took 12 mg about 20min ago and I feel pretty good right now typing this lol.
Hahah nice. Please keep us updated! I know it's too early to tell but do you feel it helps PFS issues?

TubZy

Hahah nice. Please keep us updated! I know it's too early to tell but do you feel it helps PFS issues?

Yeah, I woke up today and felt great. Even before bed last night I definitely noticed the anti depressant effect. Like I actually got really excited about stuff again. Even this morning waking up, I felt really good. My natural allopreg levels must not be fully recovered. I don't get this effect with pregnenolone- only mildy.

I was planning to add back in preg/dhea since I have been off it the past 3 days, but now I may just stay on 5a-DHP only and maybe add in a few mg's of dhea. Also, I think adding preg with 5a-DHP will tank my estrogen levels too much maybe.

The only thing I'm on at the moment is 5a-DHP and topical magnesium chloride.

I also want to try it topically for hair too, just need to play with some vehicles so I can spread it easily or add it into shampoo.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

From this quote:

The studies I have seen show that 5a-DHP stimulated both progesterone synthesis and possibly its own synthesis via 5-AR. So, that is the positive feedback mechanism. The lack of negative feedback is a bit more speculative as it has not been tested extensively in vivo, but the few studies on mice and rats did not show 5a-DHP inhibiting any other hormones except estrogen and prolactin. So, at worst it is not inhibiting DHT/T production and at best it may raise endogenous DHT levels.

Last edited:

TubZy

The studies I have seen show that 5a-DHP stimulated both progesterone synthesis and its own synthesis via 5-AR. So, that is the positive feedback mechanism. The last of negative feedback is a bit more speculative as it has not been tested extensively in vivo, but the few studies on mice and rats did not show 5a-DHP inhibiting any other hormones except estrogen and prolactin. So, at worst it is not inhibiting DHT/T production and at best it may raise endogenous DHT levels.

Sweet! That is good news. I hope many more people try this and for the people that try it and only get a mild effect or no effect at lower doses try increasing it. I guess it really depends on how low your actual 5-AR enzyme is that really determines how you respond to it.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Btw, @TubZy, @BobbyDukes, and @johnwester130 - the dropper issues have been fixed. So, your next bottles should be working just fine and for the ones you have now simply use a needle or paperclip to push through the dropper. It will feel stuck initially but push through until the needle goes inside the bottle. The needle/clip should be the same thickness or thinner than the dropper hole. You don't want to make the dropper whole larger, simply to push through any viscosity that has gathered on the other end of the dropper.
But like I said, these issues should be gone with the next batch. Thanks for your patience while we improve this new product.

sladerunner69

Wow that seems like a heavy daily dose bro. Do you get a funny taste in your mouth from that amount of dmso? Have the effects of the dhea diminished over time? Does it make you irritable at all? What other supplements you currently taking?

TubZy

Btw, @TubZy, @BobbyDukes, and @johnwester130 - the dropper issues have been fixed. So, your next bottles should be working just fine and for the ones you have now simply use a needle or paperclip to push through the dropper. It will feel stuck initially but push through until the needle goes inside the bottle. The needle/clip should be the same thickness or thinner than the dropper hole. You don't want to make the dropper whole larger, simply to push through any viscosity that has gathered on the other end of the dropper.
But like I said, these issues should be gone with the next batch. Thanks for your patience while we improve this new product.

Awesome thanks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals