CoconutEffect

Rat needs this product daily.

@5mg/day

- Eliminated chronic/severe post nasal drop that rat had for years. Rat stops taking 5a, it comes back in a day or two.

- Eliminates that world shaking anxiety. The sort that is a consequence of that pernicious postive feedback loop where severe health problems (bipolar treated with SSRIs --> serotonin syndrome etc...) makes your life very bad - to put it simply. And then you realize in your mid 20s, while experimenting with Zero Carb, and taking too much choline one night;

THAT YOUR LIFE REALLY ISN'T GOING SO WELL

That revelation causes, obviously severe stress/anxiety, that worsens your health condition, and now you're spiraling down toward another nervous breakdown etc...

5adhp has eliminated that particular feeing, the one that feels like you're standing on sand and that you can fall through it at any moment; no matter what you do, or who you call, or how much money you pay to see top doctors.

That's about all it does for me though, hah, however I am extremely grateful.

Rat still has a very depressive temperament, and cannot survive the nights, they are like miniature winters, and he does not make it through them very well at all.

But I supose waking up abject is better than waking up abject AND in acute, hellish anxiety/hopelessness and fear.

But by mid afternoon rat is OK and his business is going well. Rat's still only 28, and still has enough going for him.

Rat does take other substances that are necessary but heavy duty, rat always is looking for ways to come off them, especialy the ones that build tolerance.

Rat has a brilliant psychologist that has helped rat put his rat life back together, from a strategy of practicality.

Rat psychologist understands well that psychological problems, physiological problems and ACTUAL problems are 3 very different things, and yet they can and do interact.

Run from psychotherapists that don't understand these distinctions.

Rambling... rat's on dexedrine...my original point.

Any one suggest my rat experiments with higher doses of 5adhp? @haidut

He takes it topically on the wrists.

I think I will move these sorts of posts to that "help me" section. ;)

Nokoni

He takes it topically on the wrists.
Try oral. Works better for me.

Also might need more cellular energy. Try methylene blue, also oral (Haidut's is good), and niacinamide powder, topical (mix with bit of water, spread on skin). Good luck.

Try oral. Works better for me.

Also might need more cellular energy. Try methylene blue, also oral (Haidut's is good), and niacinamide powder, topical (mix with bit of water, spread on skin). Good luck.

Is anyone familiar with the studies linking 5aDHP to cancer?

I remember reading about some concern being expressed with this. I recently had a pre cancerous polyp removed during a colonoscopy and I am well under age fifty. Pre cancerous polyps being removed from the Colon is not a huge deal and most pre cancerous polyps never turn into cancer.

But it's still making me question a little the things I put in my body attempting to cure P F S

for the record I have taken 5aDHP twice over the last few months for a month at a time. The second time longer then a month..more like 45 days

thoughts ?

Nokoni

Is anyone familiar with the studies linking 5aDHP to cancer?

I remember reading about some concern being expressed with this. I recently had a pre cancerous polyp removed during a colonoscopy and I am well under age fifty. Pre cancerous polyps being removed from the Colon is not a huge deal and most pre cancerous polyps never turn into cancer.

But it's still making me question a little the things I put in my body attempting to cure P F S

for the record I have taken 5aDHP twice over the last few months for a month at a time. The second time longer then a month..more like 45 days

thoughts ?
I'm more concerned with not putting these things in my body. Cancer results from an energy deficit in the cells. Niacinamide and MB improve cellular energy. Here's a couple threads discussing niacinamide and cancer:
Inhibiting Lipolysis May Treat / Cure Cancer
Niacinamide Can Cure Liver (and Maybe Pancreatic) Cancer
And here's one that has a video (that I haven't watched) on MB and cancer:
Methylene Blue In Treatment Of Cancer, Aging & Dementia - Video By Friend Of Ray Peat
Note that both have a huge range of benefits, not just cancer, and both have a huge therapeutic window -- these things are just not very risky. To me, a guy with a couple years on you (ok, ok, a couple decades), the far greater risk is from not taking them.

I'm more concerned with not putting these things in my body. Cancer results from an energy deficit in the cells. Niacinamide and MB improve cellular energy. Here's a couple threads discussing niacinamide and cancer:
Inhibiting Lipolysis May Treat / Cure Cancer
Niacinamide Can Cure Liver (and Maybe Pancreatic) Cancer
And here's one that has a video (that I haven't watched) on MB and cancer:
Methylene Blue In Treatment Of Cancer, Aging & Dementia - Video By Friend Of Ray Peat
Note that both have a huge range of benefits, not just cancer, and both have a huge therapeutic window -- these things are just not very risky. To me, a guy with a couple years on you (ok, ok, a couple decades), the far greater risk is from not taking them.

interesting.

I just want back on Niacinamide today actually.

I am curious to hopefully hear a couple of more people's opinions on the 5adhp. I believe the study linked it to possible breast cancer

Nokoni

interesting.

I just want back on Niacinamide today actually.

I am curious to hopefully hear a couple of more people's opinions on the 5adhp. I believe the study linked it to possible breast cancer
Yeah it might have been mentioned in this thread actually, but it's a long thread. But I just can't see how that could be. After all, it's naturally produced in the body, except less and less as we age due to declining 5a-reductase. So it just seems unlikely that physiological doses that restore youthful levels could be a problem. But stranger things have happened. Maybe some of the wizards here'll chime in and help us out.

Yeah it might have been mentioned in this thread actually, but it's a long thread. But I just can't see how that could be. After all, it's naturally produced in the body, except less and less as we age due to declining 5a-reductase. So it just seems unlikely that physiological doses that restore youthful levels could be a problem. But stranger things have happened. Maybe some of the wizards here'll chime in and help us out.

Thanks for your input. It puts my mind more at rest. It's also unlikely recent use of 5adhp caused a colon polyp to grow seeing that they usually grow slow over a few years.

even with that said though I'm thinking I will make this my final run on 5adhp . In my experience the results are pretty good while on it for over all improvement and even seem to stick around a little after stopping. But I can't justify continuing to to use it if it's not a long term cure seeing it has some possible links to cancer and some risk.

overall though I am happy with my 5adhp experiences and glad that it's been made available to us.

IhateFin

Hello! Long time lurker and finally a member!
As you can see by my name I suffer from PFS but have made lots of improvement! Libido is not consistent and usually low but overall much much better than the initial crash.

Anyway I am excited to try this product and I just ordered yesterday. My question is what are the chances of you and your team being able to synthesize the actual enzyme 5alpha reductase for our research???

dand

Also, last night I was very nervous before bed and I woke up a couple hours into my sleep in a complete manic breakdown. It is an impossible feeling to accurately explain, like my brain was split into 10 different parts and I did not feel like I was in any specific time or place or that I was inside my own body. I was still able to move around and concentrating with all of my might I called my mother on the phone and told her what was happening the best that I could. She helped me to calm down somewhat, as this has happened once or twice before.The last time it did, I was kicking a tobbacco habit cold turkey. Eventually I was able to relax enough to fall back asleep, although I still could not use my head. It is really a terrifying feeling and I dont want to experience again, I am getting the shivers just thinking about it. Today I woke up with a headache and still some brain fog. I wonder if this is just something that happens if you wake up during a deep sleep cycle or is it related to the supplements or caffiene use?

What is your body weight and caloric intake on average ?

dand

230 lbs, 2500-3000 calories

I supsect a lot of people aren't eating enough to support the pro metabolic supps they are taking. At 230 pounds, a generally good multiplier for BMR is 15 which puts you at 3450 calories a day which excludes whether or not you get exercise and that you take these supplements. It might be worth considering and experimenting w /.

sladerunner69

I supsect a lot of people aren't eating enough to support the pro metabolic supps they are taking. At 230 pounds, a generally good multiplier for BMR is 15 which puts you at 3450 calories a day which excludes whether or not you get exercise and that you take these supplements. It might be worth considering and experimenting w /.

Well I made that post quite some time ago. I was taking androsterone and methylene blue before sleep, both of which are known to burn through glucose fast. When I woke up after a few hours I was probably in a deep state sleep cycle or something like that. I think my brain was very low on carb fuel for energy and could not put itself together quickly enough when I awoke. I had a panic attack which made matters worse- and a significant panic attack can feel like your brain is not functioning as it becomes very difficult to think.

dand

Well I made that post quite some time ago. I was taking androsterone and methylene blue before sleep, both of which are known to burn through glucose fast. When I woke up after a few hours I was probably in a deep state sleep cycle or something like that. I think my brain was very low on carb fuel for energy and could not put itself together quickly enough when I awoke. I had a panic attack which made matters worse- and a significant panic attack can feel like your brain is not functioning as it becomes very difficult to think.

Sure thing. I would just still argue my point about upping caloric restriction intake for most Peaters on supplements.

sladerunner69

Sure thing. I would just still argue my point about upping caloric restriction intake for most Peaters on supplements.

Yeah but my follow up which I forgot to include in my last post is that Ive gained about 30 lbs over the past 4 years while peating. I was typically eating copious amounts of food, not watching my caloric intake or macros, jsut eating as much sugar as I wanted and eating a lot of cheese and drinking 2% milk or 1% milk or whatever. I have a muscular build, I can bench 245X 8 times and full squat 315 x 10 times, so if I was about 200 lbs I think I would be completely ripped with visible ab muscles and the like. Im trying to lose weight now, so I have to eat a slight caloric deficit and especially lay off fatty foods.