OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Of course. However I find it all unfathomable. I hoped for a simple answer to a simple question about one of your products.

These extract below are all from the first page of the Google results. Google even extracted the relevant text and put it under each link.
"...Paroxetine increases the levels of neurosteroids, such as allopregnanolone (AP), that influence the excitability of the central nervous system by positive..."
"...The SSRI paroxetine (Paxil) i.p. also substantially raises DHP after 9 day and allopregnanolone after 21 day in the murine cortex and hypothalamus..."
"...norfluoxetine, fluvoxamine and paroxetine, all elevate allopregnanolone brain..."
"...Paroxetine treatment for 2 months significantly increased the plasma concentration of allopregnanolone but did not affect those of the other steroids."

Soren

Forum Supporter
Does anyone know if there is a clinical trial ongoing for 5a-DHP in the treatment of Parkinson's disease. I can find them for other neurological disorders but not for PD. Thanks.

sladerunner69

This product seems to be the magic bullet for a lot of people on here. I wonder what kind of effects this would have on gyno...

It should be beneficial for gyno because it is a fairly strong anti-estrogen. Of course nothing is a miracle pill but with a thyroid supportive diet Im sure your gyno could be cleared up in 2-4 months.

sladerunner69

Does anyone know if there is a clinical trial ongoing for 5a-DHP in the treatment of Parkinson's disease. I can find them for other neurological disorders but not for PD. Thanks.

If you listen to PEat's latest broadcast on KUMD he goes into his thought's on parkinson's disease in detail. His view is that it is extremely early onset aging, not a seperate disease or virus or anything like that. It is mroe of a conditon where the body is aging at a hyper accelerated rate, and all of the symptos of parkinsons are simply extreme symptoms of aging.

lampofred

If you listen to PEat's latest broadcast on KUMD he goes into his thought's on parkinson's disease in detail. His view is that it is extremely early onset aging, not a seperate disease or virus or anything like that. It is mroe of a conditon where the body is aging at a hyper accelerated rate, and all of the symptos of parkinsons are simply extreme symptoms of aging.

Do you have a link to the broadcast?

Soren

Forum Supporter

Thanks for this Sladerunner, very helpful.

I am still looking for some actual clinical human trials for allpregnanolone and Parkinson's disease as I am writing a paper and am looking for studies as evidence showing that allpregnanolone will help treat PD.

Dhair

Thanks for the feedback. In theory the 5a-DHP can be combined with the 11-keto but I am just not sure there is a need for that as the 11-keto should give all the androgenic response needed.
The reason that I wanted to do that was because you had mentioned that 2mg DHT applied to each nipple would cure gyno.
I tried using them both together. Didn't really do anything special.
I have continued to use 5a-DHP in doses of about 10-15mg per day and it is hands down the best ideaslab supplement that I have tried for cognitive function and general brain fog symptoms. I think something like this would be invaluable for people like myself who have been damaged by dangerous drugs. It is no surprise to me that it seems to help so many finasteride survivors.
That's pretty much my review. Well done.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
The reason that I wanted to do that was because you had mentioned that 2mg DHT applied to each nipple would cure gyno.
I have continued to use 5a-DHP in doses of about 10-15mg per day and it is hands down the best ideaslab supplement that I have tried for cognitive function and general brain fog symptoms. I think something like this would be invaluable for people like myself who have been damaged by dangerous drugs. It is no surprise to me that it seems to help so many finasteride survivors.

Thank you for the great feedback! Gyno is very individual, the treatment for some seems to requires much higher doses of Andractim/DHT. Anti-prolactin drugs like bromocriptine have also been used successfully.

Dhair

Thank you for the great feedback! Gyno is very individual, the treatment for some seems to requires much higher doses of Andractim/DHT. Anti-prolactin drugs like bromocriptine have also been used successfully.
The only thing that seems to make my nipples small is strong coffee. They will be normal for maybe an hour or two but then they'll go back to being puffy. I guess it would be safe to assume this has something to do with 5ar, I just don't know to what extent. I doubt bromo would help because metergoline has no effect on that area for me. I would certainly be willing to try it though because I think prolactin is still a big problem for me.
Which blood tests would you recommend that I get?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
The only thing that seems to make my nipples small is strong coffee. They will be normal for maybe an hour or two but then they'll go back to being puffy. I guess it would be safe to assume this has something to do with 5ar, I just don't know to what extent. I doubt bromo would help because metergoline has no effect on that area for me. I would certainly be willing to try it though because I think prolactin is still a big problem for me.
Which blood tests would you recommend that I get?

Prolactin, GH, cortisol (both AM and PM), estrone, and estradiol, vitamin D, and DHEA-S.

opethfeldt

First time poster. Just wanted to share my experience with this product. First off, the rat in question is 26 years old and male. Reason for purchase was that he is suffering from what appears to be a downregulation of 5ar and thus has low levels of all the 5ar steroids. He has symptoms similar to those described by PFS sufferers. I assume it's from stress as well as some undiagnosed PTSD. First day I applied 15 drops. Yeah, a little much for the first time but my rat was impatient and wanted to see some results. Immediately noticed the calming effect and also got very warm. More so than anything else rat has been administered so far. Continuing to take in high doses, increases in muscle hardness and libido are apparent, though it's hard to tell if it's from increased DHT or just the reduced anxiety. In social settings, rat is much more at ease and an increase in dopamine is very apparent as well. Focus is through the roof. One thing to note is that it appears as though the calming effect is greater if applied above the eyebrows. Read that on another thread about it increasing absorption and figured I'd give it a try. Applied that way, only 1 drop is sufficient. Overall, I would say this product is the most beneficial for my rat of any Idealabs product I've purchased.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
First time poster. Just wanted to share my experience with this product. First off, the rat in question is 26 years old and male. Reason for purchase was that he is suffering from what appears to be a downregulation of 5ar and thus has low levels of all the 5ar steroids. He has symptoms similar to those described by PFS sufferers. I assume it's from stress as well as some undiagnosed PTSD. First day I applied 15 drops. Yeah, a little much for the first time but my rat was impatient and wanted to see some results. Immediately noticed the calming effect and also got very warm. More so than anything else rat has been administered so far. Continuing to take in high doses, increases in muscle hardness and libido are apparent, though it's hard to tell if it's from increased DHT or just the reduced anxiety. In social settings, rat is much more at ease and an increase in dopamine is very apparent as well. Focus is through the roof. One thing to note is that it appears as though the calming effect is greater if applied above the eyebrows. Read that on another thread about it increasing absorption and figured I'd give it a try. Applied that way, only 1 drop is sufficient. Overall, I would say this product is the most beneficial for my rat of any Idealabs product I've purchased.

Excellent, thanks so much for the great review and feedback!

Kray

Haidut,

I've scanned over this thread pretty well and didn't find much on 5a-DHP use for female rats in particular, in lieu of progesterone (other than disclaimer about study and breast cancer).

For a postmenopausal rat who has been given roughly 10mg/day Pregnenolone in the morning and 10-20mg Progestene in the evening, would you think it worthwhile to try substituting 5a-DHP in the evening instead of Progestene? What would be benefit(s) of doing so, if any, and what dose would you recommend?

Thanks for your help.

satsumass

Forum Supporter

Thanks for your testimonial....wondering if you can also add your dosing protocol...daily? What times and how often? Orally or topically? What else do you take with it (kuinone, preg, pansterone, etc.)?? Much appreciated!

Like most of haiduts products I find them excellent and beneficial but very tricky to dose right, especially when one has other concomitant medications one is taking or other confounding factors. So for me I have a fairly poor personal gauge in the short term and rely more on experiences of others and haiduts own guidelines to get a feel for what I should use for a multi week trial, for instance.

CoolTweetPete

Haidut,

I've scanned over this thread pretty well and didn't find much on 5a-DHP use for female rats in particular, in lieu of progesterone (other than disclaimer about study and breast cancer).

For a postmenopausal rat who has been given roughly 10mg/day Pregnenolone in the morning and 10-20mg Progestene in the evening, would you think it worthwhile to try substituting 5a-DHP in the evening instead of Progestene? What would be benefit(s) of doing so, if any, and what dose would you recommend?

Thanks for your help.

Not positive but I believe 5aDHP converts to allopregnanolone, so I'm not certain if it would have the same effect as progesterone. Curious about this as well.

Jsaute21

Any feedback from Peat on this wonderful compound?

Lol, exactly my friend. I thought of you when I stumbled upon 5α-DHP.
A bottle is on its way to Peat, so hopefully he will give some feedback on how he likes this fully saturated liquid.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Any feedback from Peat on this wonderful compound?

Nope, he has avoided saying anything (good or bad) about 5a-DHP over the last few months when people asked him. I think given the initial controversy this is not surprising.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals