OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
My rat loves this product. He's sleeping great and feels basically impervious to stress. Also lost some weight and just looks generally healthier.

Anecdotally, I recall hearing an endocrinologist Dr Mark Gordon on a podcast a year or two ago. He was working on treating veterans with hormones to alleviate PTSD. He mentioned many of them had traumatic brain injury which had resulted in hormone deficiencies.

He specifically mentioned allopregnanolone (which synthesizes from 5a-DHP) being neuroregenerative, synaptogenic, (regenerates synapses), and a free radical scavenger in the brain. Cool discovery for those of us that have banged our noggins in the past.

Excellent, great to hear!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

satsumass

Forum Supporter
Not in my experience or based on the available studies, but I'll defer to others for their opinion.

Not sure about anti-masculinzing "per se" as if anything this has generally helped my body composition although I am still on an active diet. HOWEVER there was a previous comment on this thread about more homosexual affinities and though I couldn't tell if it was referring to the influence of 5a-DHP alone, or with pansterone, or just pansterone (clarificaiton?) I do have to say that as a bisexual man I am pretty sensitive to my preference over time, and in recent weeks libido has increased and I am almost solely interested in sex with men (as gauged by relative time spent 'cruising' / talking etc.).

Not sure how 5a-DHP relates to this or the previous (cryptic) study about right/left-handedness. I will say that as I am on TRT, whenever my T gets too high, this tends to occur as well (mostly because I just get hornier and as I live in a big city it's way easier for immediate hookups with men). So it could just be about libido increase...(although my TRT dose hasn't changed). Anyway just a fairly unreliabile datapoint. I did remember @haidut posting about the sexual-preference/ identity being under the influence of some of these neuroactive steriods but maybe it was in a different thread as a brief scan of this one didn't locate it.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Not sure about anti-masculinzing "per se" as if anything this has generally helped my body composition although I am still on an active diet. HOWEVER there was a previous comment on this thread about more homosexual affinities and though I couldn't tell if it was referring to the influence of 5a-DHP alone, or with pansterone, or just pansterone (clarificaiton?) I do have to say that as a bisexual man I am pretty sensitive to my preference over time, and in recent weeks libido has increased and I am almost solely interested in sex with men (as gauged by relative time spent 'cruising' / talking etc.).

Not sure how 5a-DHP relates to this or the previous (cryptic) study about right/left-handedness. I will say that as I am on TRT, whenever my T gets too high, this tends to occur as well (mostly because I just get hornier and as I live in a big city it's way easier for immediate hookups with men). So it could just be about libido increase...(although my TRT dose hasn't changed). Anyway just a fairly unreliabile datapoint. I did remember @haidut posting about the sexual-preference/ identity being under the influence of some of these neuroactive steriods but maybe it was in a different thread as a brief scan of this one didn't locate it.

Yes, there is an old study about the ratio of androsterone/etiocholanolone being indicative of sexual preferences. Higher than 1 = heterosexual, and less than 1 = homosexual. Here is the study again. There is more than one, but most are from this author.
Androsterone-etiocholanolone ratios in male homosexuals. - PubMed - NCBI

satsumass

Forum Supporter
I can't seem to find the original post where you mentioend this but I do recall....i did a search for 'etiocholanolone' on this thread and site-wide. How does this ratio depend on 5a-DHP, and, say, I wished to increase the ratio to 1+, should I drop the 5a-DHP (despite it's allopreg. beneficial effects) and just use the androsterone?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I can't seem to find the original post where you mentioend this but I do recall....i did a search for 'etiocholanolone' on this thread and site-wide. How does this ratio depend on 5a-DHP, and, say, I wished to increase the ratio to 1+, should I drop the 5a-DHP (despite it's allopreg. beneficial effects) and just use the androsterone?

The 5a-DHP converts into androsterone and even (possibly) DHT when used in higher doses. This is called the "backdoor pathway" (no pun intended). It is explained in the original thread. But using androsterone directly will probably be more effective at raising the ratio above 1.

Jsaute21

@haidut in your opening post you say that 5adhp doesn't possess negative feedback potential such as dhea? I thought the chance for negative feedback from pansterone or dhea was virtually impossible unless using an excessive amount.

satsumass

Forum Supporter
The 5a-DHP converts into androsterone and even (possibly) DHT when used in higher doses. This is called the "backdoor pathway" (no pun intended). It is explained in the original thread. But using androsterone directly will probably be more effective at raising the ratio above 1.

Thanks. Corollary question: how would one decrease etiocholanolone at the same time while one was trying to increase androsterone via androsterone or 5a-DHP? (I am on and have been on a standard 125mg / week dose of test. cyp as TRT and take the idealabs androsterone or 5a-dhp on top of that)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks. Corollary question: how would one decrease etiocholanolone at the same time while one was trying to increase androsterone via androsterone or 5a-DHP? (I am on and have been on a standard 125mg / week dose of test. cyp as TRT and take the idealabs androsterone or 5a-dhp on top of that)

The ratio depends on the activity of 5-AR. So, having decent activity should result in enough T getting diverted into the DHT->androstanedi(one)(ol)->androsterone pathways to give a ratio of higher than 1. I guess another way to look at this is that the androsterone/etiocholanolone ratio is a biomarker of 5-AR activity. So, rather than suppress etiocholanolone I would work on optimizing 5-AR activity but only if the ratio is less than 1 to start with. Don't know if there is magnitude relationship - i.e. the higher the ratio the more heterosexual a person is.

Last edited:
The ratio depends on the activity of 5-AR. So, having decent activity should result in enough T getting diverted into the DHT->androstanedi(one)(ol)->androsterone pathways to give a ratio of higher than 1. I guess another way to look at this is that the androsterone/etiocholanolone ratio is a biomarker of 5-AR activity. So, rather than suppress etiocholanolone I would work on optimizing 5-AR activity but only if the ratio is less than 1 to start with. Don't know if there is magnitude relationship - i.e. the higher the ratio the more heterosexual a person is.

Is this safe for say a teenage girl with depression?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is this safe for say a teenage girl with depression?

I can't legally answer direct questions on safety and efficacy. If you go through the thread you will see enough discussions to be able to make up your mind. I would also definitely ask a doctor as well before using.

I can't legally answer direct questions on safety and efficacy. If you go through the thread you will see enough discussions to be able to make up your mind. I would also definitely ask a doctor as well before using.

I'm a couple of pages in but this thread would take a week to read.

Let me rephrase. Do you know of any negative or masculinizing effects for women given the conversion into DHT and agonistic action toward estrogen?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I'm a couple of pages in but this thread would take a week to read.

Let me rephrase. Do you know of any negative or masculinizing effects for women given the conversion into DHT and agonistic action toward estrogen?

There is no agonistic action towards estrogen AFAIK, there is evidence for antagonistic action. In lower doses like (3-4 drops) it should match the amounts produced in a healthy human. The androgenic effects come from comversion into DHT and that does not happen unless much higher doses are taken. But, again, a doctor should be consulted (especially for a child).

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut @TubZy are you gentlemen still taking his product orally and in the 5-6mg range?

Like all other steroid products, I am only taking as needed now. I was taking daily while testing it (before releasing) at a dose of 6mg for 2 weeks and then much higher doses (25mg - 30mg) for another 2 weeks. It was all oral use.

satsumass

Forum Supporter
Like all other steroid products, I am only taking as needed now. I was taking daily while testing it (before releasing) at a dose of 6mg for 2 weeks and then much higher doses (25mg - 30mg) for another 2 weeks. It was all oral use.
I know you test a lot of your compounds but as best as you can tell now that you have stopped...any longer term changes that have "stuck" despite stopping? (Aka perm uprefulation of 5aR, noticeable mental status changes, etc)?

@haidut In terms of sales you could have a huuuge market on bodybuilding forums, not necessarily for the muscle building component but the masculinization. I know a lot of guys who have been looking for products like the ones you make that can raise endogenous DHT and inhibit estrogen. They want large jaws and beards and to look more manly. They take winny and aromatase inhibitors.

TubZy

@haidut In terms of sales you could have a huuuge market on bodybuilding forums, not necessarily for the muscle building component but the masculinization. I know a lot of guys who have been looking for products like the ones you make that can raise endogenous DHT and inhibit estrogen. They want large jaws and beards and to look more manly. They take winny and aromatase inhibitors.

I tried to tell him that lol, but he is entering a very odd territory with a lot of uneducated idiots that would probably flame him for being a snake oil salesman since his products don't have a "shiny" and "flashy" label lol..Many of us here actually ran away from those type of people.
I can't stand the mainstream BB forums. I know @sladerunner69 can relate lol...

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals