DaveFoster

Most successful SSRI drugs are actually antagonists on 5-HT2C and also boost allopregnanolone levels. Either one of these can produce the euphoria. Also, some of the SSRI drugs can raise cortisol due to the overall effect of SSRI being pro-serotonergic despite the 5-HT2C antagonism, and high cortisol can also produce euphoria initially.
In my experience 5a-DHP is best used on its own. The effects of progesterone on the nervous system have been shown to depend on 5-AR activity so we know the benefits are due to either 5a-DHP or other steroids derived from it.
Interesting; progesterone often relieves anxiety but rarely induces euphoria. Caffeine is a stronger euphoric effect, but it's often anxiogenic. Ondansteron is an antagonist of 5-HT3, so I'm deriving that euphoria is derived from 5-HT2C and antidepressive effects from the 5-HT3 receptors respectively.

DaveFoster

I couldn't resist trying 5a-dhp on my rat even though haidut and I both agreed it probably wasn't the best idea since I recently resolved a large breast fibroadenoma in the same female rat using tyronene.

My rat was administered 5a-dhp with 5 drops orally once daily for three days. This is absolutely the best substance my rat has used for mental benefits. It made her very relaxed, sharp, focused and calm. Her brain works better than it has in years. Her breasts started getting sore within an hour or so of taking it though. :(
I do wonder if there is something unique/different about my rat since she started having the same experience recently with progesterone.

I may just reserve it for use for the occasional extreme stress situation like some would use xanax.
Hey Blossom, how would you compare 5a-DHP with progesterone?

DaveFoster

Just placed an order for 5a-DHP and will update any experimental findings in a separate thread.

CoolTweetPete

My rat has felt calmer with less anxiety. However it has felt flushed in the face / warm to the touch at points during the day. Have others experienced?

DaveFoster

Got some 5a-DHP and took some; the effects resemble progesterone, but more stimulating. I think 1 drop was too much, as my heart rate went to 112 (with half a cup of coffee).

@haidut Do you know if 5a-DHP causes shutdown, and you mentioned it's bound to the albumin, so how long do the effects last for you?

my rat was given some of this and here's what happened. He got depressed, poor thing, bad mood within a few hours. Really bad. And his sensitivity to genital stimulii seems reduced, just like when he is given progesterone. Numbness down there...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Got some 5a-DHP and took some; the effects resemble progesterone, but more stimulating. I think 1 drop was too much, as my heart rate went to 112 (with half a cup of coffee).

@haidut Do you know if 5a-DHP causes shutdown, and you mentioned it's bound to the albumin, so how long do the effects last for you?

I have not seen 5a-DHP or allopregnanolone causing shutdown of any kind, but I would still stay at the smallest dose shown to have an effect - 5mg-6mg daily. For me the effects last up to 72 hours at 5 drops before bed.

PUTFOT

Looking forward to your log.

satsumass

Forum Supporter
I may have. I left town for a week and left my 5aDHP at home, only ran a bit of androsterone. Came back today and am suspending the androsterone and retrialing 5aDHP at 10 drops per day (I'm a big guy 245lbs lots of muscle and take test cyp at a TRT dose..:with long history of chronic depression currently medicated and partially treated.) will advise how I respond this time to a more consistent dosage. Given how I responded to 11-ketoDHT and my lack of solid mood and confidence effects from even high range TRT doses...I suspect I may have a 5aR issue...took Fina at a low dose for just 2 or so weeks 6 years ago...don't necessarily blame that as was depressed for years, but who knows.)

DaveFoster

I have not seen 5a-DHP or allopregnanolone causing shutdown of any kind, but I would still stay at the smallest dose shown to have an effect - 5mg-6mg daily. For me the effects last up to 72 hours at 5 drops before bed.
Thanks for the response. I got significant effects from a single milligram. It feels very similar to progesterone, but less relaxing; just like a combo of caffeine and progesterone actually.

@ecstatichamster I experienced anxiety due to overstimulation. 5a-DHP + methylene blue was very potent, and even a little caffeine gave me high anxiety and pulse.

satsumass

Forum Supporter
Strong response -- but don't think I ever got dosing down and been rationing whatever is left. Primarily irritable but also really amped up libido and dominance. Not super hot for mood though. Applied it to my penis though--along with kuinone (DMSO version), so I am not super sure what actually caused this effect--caused a dramatic increase in my flaccid length. Was always more of a "grower" but now I'm mostly a shower! (Am thinking it may have been more about k2 and improving vascular health, but could have been the DHT too. No noticeable difference in erect size though, at least not yet. After the 5aDHP experiment I am going to try Russianstarpeptide DHT cream.

Constatine

Strong response -- but don't think I ever got dosing down and been rationing whatever is left. Primarily irritable but also really amped up libido and dominance. Not super hot for mood though. Applied it to my penis though--along with kuinone (DMSO version), so I am not super sure what actually caused this effect--caused a dramatic increase in my flaccid length. Was always more of a "grower" but now I'm mostly a shower! (Am thinking it may have been more about k2 and improving vascular health, but could have been the DHT too. No noticeable difference in erect size though, at least not yet. After the 5aDHP experiment I am going to try Russianstarpeptide DHT cream.
DHT is partially responsible for flaccid length so that makes sense.

Depressed mood is better two days later. Wow. Just wow. The rat never feels this way...normally... and it went downhill starting a few hours after the administration.

PUTFOT

Is this supplement in anyway feminizing/anti-masculinizing?

Last edited:

CoolTweetPete

My rat loves this product. He's sleeping great and feels basically impervious to stress. Also lost some weight and just looks generally healthier.

Anecdotally, I recall hearing an endocrinologist Dr Mark Gordon on a podcast a year or two ago. He was working on treating veterans with hormones to alleviate PTSD. He mentioned many of them had traumatic brain injury which had resulted in hormone deficiencies.

He specifically mentioned allopregnanolone (which synthesizes from 5a-DHP) being neuroregenerative, synaptogenic, (regenerates synapses), and a free radical scavenger in the brain. Cool discovery for those of us that have banged our noggins in the past.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is this supplement in anyway feminizing/anti-masculinizing?

Not in my experience or based on the available studies, but I'll defer to others for their opinion.