DHEA is no longer in my stack. I used only a few mg's for a brief period of time but felt like it was doing more harm than good. Either my cortisol is low or 5a-THDOC is low so DHEA was making me feel worse.

Preg, 5a-DHP are both in my stack now and work well. Androsterone I use on occasion and stopped using daily since I was tanking my estrogen/cortisol too much. Yeah, just be careful with the supps you are taking you can easily over do it believe it or not.

How's your pulse man? I bought one of.l these pulse tracking oximeter thing from walamrt its like 30 bucks, but I was shocked at how bad shape im in. I took thyroid, my pulse dropped to 70 to 75 bpm even with preg.

Everytime I ate I noticed it dropped sharply too. I think its relieving stress hormones but damn, no wonder im not doing so hot.

Just curious how you are doing with that.

sladerunner69

DHEA is no longer in my stack. I used only a few mg's for a brief period of time but felt like it was doing more harm than good. Either my cortisol is low or 5a-THDOC is low so DHEA was making me feel worse.

Preg, 5a-DHP are both in my stack now and work well. Androsterone I use on occasion and stopped using daily since I was tanking my estrogen/cortisol too much. Yeah, just be careful with the supps you are taking you can easily over do it believe it or not.

Thats funny I have been thinking about ditching pregenelone in favor of dhea. Dhea gives me good libudo effecta and pregenelone has been giving me a weird spaced-out derealization feeling. Maybe I should try oral pregenelone again... i havebeen using stressnon and it also gives me a headache too...

5adhp is the best though. Are you afraid of the cancer warning? Doesnt make sense to me...

And i second that about androsterone its too strong always givea me a headache and makes me irritable, but it can really skyrockwt libido so im going to use a couple sropa now and then

marsaday

@haidut

I got some of the pansterone and it hasn't been any use at all.

I use ProgestE - 2 drops a day usually, maybe 3 sometimes. I react really well to the progesterone.

Anyway i am thinking about trying your 5a dhp product because it sounds this may be more useful as i react well to progesterone.

My issue for years and years has been to boost my metabolism, but it is difficult. I take thyroid medication 150 T4 and 3 mcg T3 per day. The introduction of progesterone 2 yrs ago really made a big difference to my overall metabolism.

I am generally well BUT i am playing sport at a good level and i just cannot push out of a certain level of metabolic rate. Maybe i am getting older (45) but i have experienced true metabolic performance and it is always something to do with my thyroid and steroid hormone mix. I am thinking i need to get a better steroid hormone balance and everything will follow from there.

So any idea why the pansterone didn't work out ? I applied 4 drops to my scrotum. I got the similar feeling i get when i have taken pregnenalone. Something is happening, but it is not really noticeable. My hands went cold and i think respiration was lowered.

I tried it again today without any progesterone and zero effect again (4 drops).

How do you think the 5a-dhp may work for me.

Thanks for any info. I have emailed direct but no reply.

Texon

This product has been out for a while now. Does anyone happen to have any labs that show effects on E2 levels at whatever dosing protocols?

TubZy

Thats funny I have been thinking about ditching pregenelone in favor of dhea. Dhea gives me good libudo effecta and pregenelone has been giving me a weird spaced-out derealization feeling. Maybe I should try oral pregenelone again... i havebeen using stressnon and it also gives me a headache too...

5adhp is the best though. Are you afraid of the cancer warning? Doesnt make sense to me...

And i second that about androsterone its too strong always givea me a headache and makes me irritable, but it can really skyrockwt libido so im going to use a couple sropa now and then

Yeah, I'm not too worried honestly.

I do think 5a-DHP will help upregulate 5AR expression in the brain though. Probably will also work better in conjunction with methylene blue or niacinamide (increase NAD/NADH). That is why I'm curious if a large saturation dose (like 80mg+) of 5a-DHP can upregulate the enzyme even more/quicker.

Texon

Excellent, thanks so much for the feedback! May I ask about the source of the claim that rubbing above eyebrows has much higher absorption of substances? That would be pretty interesting to research further.

This isn't the link I recall but may have some useful info as it talks about advantages of transfollicular delivery of lipophilic items. I also remember questions very painful episode where I put some dhea cream on my forehead late one night. I thought I would never calm down from it. Putting the same amount in the iliac crest area....no big deal ever. So what is it about the eyebrows...I have no idea.
https://www.dovepress.com/transfoll...spectives-peer-reviewed-fulltext-article-RRTD

sladerunner69

I do think 5a-DHP will help upregulate 5AR expression in the brain though. Probably will also work better in conjunction with methylene blue or niacinamide (increase NAD/NADH). That is why I'm curious if a large saturation dose (like 80mg+) of 5a-DHP can upregulate the enzyme even more/quicker.

Yeah it doesn't make sense to me because it seems like cancer is caused by estrogen and the other stress hormones and 5a-dhp opposes all of that on a variety of levels. How would it cause cancer? It must be a methodological flaw in the study.

I think any 5ar reduced sterid would up regualted 5-ar correct? they all seem to have a self-cycle effect, particularly dht promoting its own synthesis through tis effects.

BTW I tried 5 drops pansterone on my juevos today and felt awesome all morning. I also took 2 drops androsterone on the back of my hand. I don't think pregnenlone is as helpful to e as dhea. high dose preg deos seem to convert to dhea and give me a little energy, btu mainly it relaxes me but also makes me feel apced out and weird. DHEA just gives me straight energy and libido. I think the 1:1 ratio in pansterone is ideal for me now, it jsut took some time for my system to be able to handle higher doses. I used to get really irritable when I took pansterone but i didnt feel irritable at all today really. 8 hours alter i took a couple drops of stressnon and 5 drps 5a-dhp and felt really happy for a bit.

BeLiKeWater

Hello Im ex finasteride user with all the typical sides, 5 years since I quit the drug. I have been following a regimen to activate 5ar activity during last 8 months, giving me great results. I have add 5dhp a5 1 drop every day, and definetly have felt a decrease in anxiety, but also I have been adding a lot improvements in mental health and sexuality, this supplement could really help us DEFINETLY. And it make perfect sense because as allopregnenalone was decreased 300% after finasteride use... well what more to say. More 5dhp more allopregnenanolone. This also made me aprecciate music more and recover zest for life, meaning could be a dopamine activation because more allepregnenalone.

Ask me anything.

TubZy

Yeah it doesn't make sense to me because it seems like cancer is caused by estrogen and the other stress hormones and 5a-dhp opposes all of that on a variety of levels. How would it cause cancer? It must be a methodological flaw in the study.

I think any 5ar reduced sterid would up regualted 5-ar correct? they all seem to have a self-cycle effect, particularly dht promoting its own synthesis through tis effects.

BTW I tried 5 drops pansterone on my juevos today and felt awesome all morning. I also took 2 drops androsterone on the back of my hand. I don't think pregnenlone is as helpful to e as dhea. high dose preg deos seem to convert to dhea and give me a little energy, btu mainly it relaxes me but also makes me feel apced out and weird. DHEA just gives me straight energy and libido. I think the 1:1 ratio in pansterone is ideal for me now, it jsut took some time for my system to be able to handle higher doses. I used to get really irritable when I took pansterone but i didnt feel irritable at all today really. 8 hours alter i took a couple drops of stressnon and 5 drps 5a-dhp and felt really happy for a bit.

Yeah, I think it does. Nice man, DHEA is still a no go for any more though I may try it again in the future. I wonder if BCAA's that lower brain serotonin would positively influence 5Ar expression and the neurosteroids in the brain.

sladerunner69

Yeah, I think it does. Nice man, DHEA is still a no go for any more though I may try it again in the future. I wonder if BCAA's that lower brain serotonin would positively influence 5Ar expression and the neurosteroids in the brain.

I tried BCAA's a few times and each time it really really sucked. Just felt emotionally empty and depressed. There is thread about how bcaa's lower both serotonin and dopamine.... But the reccomendation was to always take bcaa with tyrosine and I have not yet tried that. I think weightlifting with plenty of rest would be the only real emthod for ncreasing 5-ar int he nervous system and brain...

Why dont you like DHEA? does it give you too much irritability?

TubZy

I tried BCAA's a few times and each time it really really sucked. Just felt emotionally empty and depressed. There is thread about how bcaa's lower both serotonin and dopamine.... But the reccomendation was to always take bcaa with tyrosine and I have not yet tried that. I think weightlifting with plenty of rest would be the only real emthod for ncreasing 5-ar int he nervous system and brain...

Yeah irritability and fatigue, I think it's from tanking my cortisol levels. Also, when you combine preg and 5a-DHP do you notice an increase in musty smell? Not sure how 5a-DHP can increase androsterone if it's already 5AR reduced and only a direct precusor to allopreg?

BeLiKeWater

Definatly go

BCASS just horrible for me, nothng in suplements put me in worse state, and I think its because my dopamine is very low already. 5dhp increased my dopamine I think.

sladerunner69

Yeah irritability and fatigue, I think it's from tanking my cortisol levels. Also, when you combine preg and 5a-DHP do you notice an increase in musty smell? Not sure how 5a-DHP can increase androsterone if it's already 5AR reduced and only a direct precusor to allopreg?

Unless it is significantly increasing 5-ar activity....

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Look at the 5a-DHP master thread. There is the so-called "backdoor pathway" which seems to be more efficient than even the main pathway from pregnenolone or DHEA to androsterone. Allopregnanolone can be directly converted to androsterone. That is why I said that 5a-DHP can be a pro-hormone for androgens such as DHT as well. That backdoor pathway is what causes virilization in people with 17,20-lyase deficiency (i.e. these people cannot produce androgens via the normal pathway from pregnenolone->DHEA) and prevents them from being eunuchs.
Backdoor pathway for dihydrotestosterone biosynthesis: Implications for normal and abnormal human sex development
https://endo.confex.com/endo/2016endo/webprogram/Paper28221.html

chimdp

Has anyone noticed any increase or decrease in hair loss/shedding while on 5a-DHP?

BeLiKeWater

Not yet but when I get good times, normally my hair start falling more, but I also tend to msturbate more so it could be related.

katiekeen

Firstly, thanks heaps for your supplements Haidut, I have tried a few including the 5a DHP. It is awesome indeed.
I was wondering, the 5a DHP knocks estrogen out of the cell so am I right in thinking that (similar to progesterones effects on estrogen) this liberated estrogen moves to the blood then to the liver to be hydrolysed and excreted? If this is the case then it would be prudent to support the liver with sufficient protein, B vitamins etc?
Could the liberated estrogen cause increased estrogen dominance symptoms in the same way it can when progesterone is used to remove it?
I may have this all wrong of course. Thanks!

BeLiKeWater

We need more supplements of the 5ar reduced metabolites! 5slpha DeoxyCorticosterone could be good try!

But the way how can we explain the dopaminergic action of 5dhp?? Its obvious.. music sounds better, and more active in general.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Firstly, thanks heaps for your supplements Haidut, I have tried a few including the 5a DHP. It is awesome indeed.
I was wondering, the 5a DHP knocks estrogen out of the cell so am I right in thinking that (similar to progesterones effects on estrogen) this liberated estrogen moves to the blood then to the liver to be hydrolysed and excreted? If this is the case then it would be prudent to support the liver with sufficient protein, B vitamins etc?
Could the liberated estrogen cause increased estrogen dominance symptoms in the same way it can when progesterone is used to remove it?
I may have this all wrong of course. Thanks!

I don't know if 5a-DHP can knock estrogen out of the cell but it reduces expression of the estrogen receptor, so the cell becomes less sensitive to estrogen as the estrogen cannot exert its effects without the receptor. Vitamin E was shown to have similar effect but was much less potent, and caffeine was shown to do the same but at doses not achievable in humans. It is possible that receptor downregulation may lead to more estrogen being produced but I doubt it as estrogen is not something that the organism likes to produce a lot of unless under stress or sick or loaded with PUFA.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals