5a-dhp, Potentially Posionous?

finatic

I ordered 5a-dhp to avoid cognitive effects of taking finasteride last March. Lately I've left the vial in my car for a few days where it gets quite hot and I'm wondering if the combination of heat and time could have caused it to be dangerous. For reference the plastic nib has gotten brown.

Tatendachinoz

Why did you make it sound so dramatic? Clickbait or what? Although 5a-dhp can be dangerous in large doses, it depends on the solvent eg, if it's in oils like tocopherols, it can go rancid pretty fast in high heat. BUt in ethanol, it may last a little longer a can be resilient to heat.

OP
F

finatic

Why did you make it sound so dramatic? Clickbait or what? Although 5a-dhp can be dangerous in large doses, it depends on the solvent eg, if it's in oils like tocopherols, it can go rancid pretty fast in high heat. BUt in ethanol, it may last a little longer a can be resilient to heat.

Oops I totally messed up on the title. I have the one from idealabs, is that in ethanol?

Edit: never just saw that it's oil based. I think I bought it last march and left it in a hot car every now and then? If I took a couple of drops is there any cause for concern?

Last edited: