stevrd

@haidut. I have recently had some success with haidut's 5a-dhp. Supps I am currently on: 3 grains of NTD/day + .5mg cyproheptadine/day, Vit K2/D3 weekly. With the addition of 5a-dhp I am mentally more clear, brain fog is lifted, and more social, less desire to procrastinate or be withdrawn from society.

If you read my history, I have a hx of hypogonadism with T levels in the 200s. I never cycled with AAS or anything so this was from natural causes, over-training/under-eating, typical of stage-ready natural bodybuilders/marathon runners. I also used accutane for a good year in the past so I'm not sure if that plays a role, but I did have low testosterone prior to using accutane so I can confirm that the medication wasn't the initial cause. But it could have added fuel to the fire. Over the years I have been able to raise my testosterone to the 600 range through diet, rest/sleep, and thyroid supplementation. I only recently added cyproheptadine, which has been a big help in improving sleep. I consider myself 90% recovered.

Lately, my only two complaints are brain fog and libido. My erection function is good, but could be better. I regularly get morning erections, and perform well during intercourse, however libido is low-ish. Brain fog/fatigue sometimes gets in the way of daily activities/work.

Because I have normal testosterone levels now, and still have some issues, this has led me to research other causes of libido/brain fog. Many men on TRT dot improve their erection quality/libido, so oftentimes more testosterone is not the answer. What I noticed is that most men in the PFS community have normal testosterone/DHT levels, despite poor erection function/low libido. Furthermore, many of them try supplementing with DHT drugs like masteron, proviron, etc with very little improvement. Studies have shown that PFS patients have one unique characteristic, they tend to have low 3a hydroxysteroid/allopregnanolone levels. So naturally, replacing allopregnanolone might actually be what a lot of these men need. As some have indicated on the forum, PFS may be a neurological-based issue, not an issue with testosterone/DHT production.

I will continue to report my results from 5a-DHP, but for now it seems to be working quite well.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut. I have recently had some success with haidut's 5a-dhp. Supps I am currently on: 3 grains of NTD/day + .5mg cyproheptadine/day, Vit K2/D3 weekly. With the addition of 5a-dhp I am mentally more clear, brain fog is lifted, and more social, less desire to procrastinate or be withdrawn from society.

If you read my history, I have a hx of hypogonadism with T levels in the 200s. I never cycled with AAS or anything so this was from natural causes, over-training/under-eating, typical of stage-ready natural bodybuilders/marathon runners. I also used accutane for a good year in the past so I'm not sure if that plays a role, but I did have low testosterone prior to using accutane so I can confirm that the medication wasn't the initial cause. But it could have added fuel to the fire. Over the years I have been able to raise my testosterone to the 600 range through diet, rest/sleep, and thyroid supplementation. I only recently added cyproheptadine, which has been a big help in improving sleep. I consider myself 90% recovered.

Lately, my only two complaints are brain fog and libido. My erection function is good, but could be better. I regularly get morning erections, and perform well during intercourse, however libido is low-ish. Brain fog/fatigue sometimes gets in the way of daily activities/work.

Because I have normal testosterone levels now, and still have some issues, this has led me to research other causes of libido/brain fog. Many men on TRT dot improve their erection quality/libido, so oftentimes more testosterone is not the answer. What I noticed is that most men in the PFS community have normal testosterone/DHT levels, despite poor erection function/low libido. Furthermore, many of them try supplementing with DHT drugs like masteron, proviron, etc with very little improvement. Studies have shown that PFS patients have one unique characteristic, they tend to have low 3a hydroxysteroid/allopregnanolone levels. So naturally, replacing allopregnanolone might actually be what a lot of these men need. As some have indicated on the forum, PFS may be a neurological-based issue, not an issue with testosterone/DHT production.

I will continue to report my results from 5a-DHP, but for now it seems to be working quite well.

Great, thanks for the feedback! Yes, in some cases PFS could be more of a serotonin issue and not so much steroids. However, since allopregnanolone and androgens block 5-HT3 receptor, they may indirectly provide benefit there too.

Momado965

What are some dietary strategies + supplements that inhibit HPA to allow thyroid to work better?

Momado965

How does 5ar progrsterone compare to keto progesterone in terms of cortisol antagonism? Can this too have 2/3 the anabolic effect of testosterone or is that strictly a 6 keto p4 charactaristic?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
How does 5ar progrsterone compare to keto progesterone in terms of cortisol antagonism? Can this too have 2/3 the anabolic effect of testosterone or is that strictly a 6 keto p4 charactaristic?

Several older studies have looked at anticatabolic effects of 5a-DHP and did not find it to be very myotrophic. So, 6-keto is likely much more potent in that regard.

inthedark

Forgive me if this was already addressed, but if a woman is using this product should it be dosed the same way as progesterone would be -during the correct part of the menstrual cycle-?

inthedark

Forgive me if this was already addressed, but if a woman is using this product should it be dosed the same way as progesterone would be -during the correct part of the menstrual cycle-?
@haidut maybe you can help me with the question I posted right above this one?
As an adjunct, are there certain things progesterone is good for that 5a-DHP is not? Or is 5a-DHP a potential replacement for progesterone across the board? Thanks

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut maybe you can help me with the question I posted right above this one?
As an adjunct, are there certain things progesterone is good for that 5a-DHP is not? Or is 5a-DHP a potential replacement for progesterone across the board? Thanks

I think 5a-DHP is mostly good as an allopregnanolone precursor. I don't think it has the cortisol blocking properties of progesterone and it is a weaker GABA agonist and anti-estrogen than progesterone too.

Perseus

I can't find an answer to this. Is applying 5α-DHP to the rat's nipples in an attempt to reduce puffiness / mild gynaecomastia a dumb idea, or does it make sense?

I'm wondering because on the one hand, it reduces estrogen and prolactin which is good, but on the other hand, I heard that progesterone can cause puffy nipples.

The fact that this is 5α-DHP and not regular progesterone makes me think that it's probably fine to apply to the nipples, but then again I literally have no idea what I'm doing.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I can't find an answer to this. Is applying 5α-DHP to the rat's nipples in an attempt to reduce puffiness / mild gynaecomastia a dumb idea, or does it make sense?

I'm wondering because on the one hand, it reduces estrogen and prolactin which is good, but on the other hand, I heard that progesterone can cause puffy nipples.

The fact that this is 5α-DHP and not regular progesterone makes me think that it's probably fine to apply to the nipples, but then again I literally have no idea what I'm doing.

I think topically applied androgen like DHT, Proviron, or even androsterone would better for gyno.

stressss

I know Vitamin D is needed for Progesterone to work properly but..

Is allopreg or 5a-dhp reliant on a good Vitamin D level to give benefits?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I know Vitamin D is needed for Progesterone to work properly but..

Is allopreg or 5a-dhp reliant on a good Vitamin D level to give benefits?

Not that I know of. Please provide more info on that comment about vitamin D and progesterone. I am not aware that vitamin D is needed for progesterone to work.

Kyle Bigman

I have been having severe brain fog lately, likely a finasteride complication. I noticed that every time I drink a glass of wine the fog clears. Alcohol is a GABA-A agonist, and so is 5a-DHP, so I tried 1mg of 5a-DHP on the tongue and within 10 minutes I could feel the fog clearing. Now it's like 50% gone, and I feel as if my eyesight is a little sharper.

@haidut what do you think the reason for this is? Could this give us some clue into post-finasteride syndrome's neurological effects?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals