50mg DHEA + 100mg Preg = No Effect

Fexxx

Hi Members,

no worries I started with small Dosages and increased gradually BUT I still feel no effect??? I take my pharmagrade stuff orally. I’m just wondering - I expected something like a massive boost...

Connor888

what benefits are you supposed to get taking dhea with pregnenolone? i ask because pregnenolone converts to dhea

have you tried taking it with food if you aren't already?

JKX

50mg DHEA is way too much. Try 5mg daily with the preg. More than 10-15mg per day of DHEA may push your estrogen up.

A large percentage of steroids taken orally will go to the liver. Not that this is bad in the case of pregnenolone. I think oral pregnenolone is very beneficial for the liver.

Another option to consider would be to try topical application.

shine

Insufficient NAD and retinol/retinoic acid can render steroid supplementation ineffective.
Supplementing NAD precursors like niacin/niacinamide and retinyl palmitate for retinol/retinoic acid can make them work.

baccheion

Apply DHEA topically. Max 5 mg (up to 3x/day). Not feeling anything from a lot of pregnenolone implies you don't need it-- a good thing!

More DHEA is something that would apply when.. health is strong, nutrients are repleted, sleep is deep and rejuvenating, body fat is lower, the odds of aromatization are less, etc. Long road for most. Magnesium is associated with DHEA and IGF-1 and also shifts away from estrogen formation. Same with fat-soluble vitamins. And B vitamins, due to increased/improved clearance.

OP
F

Fexxx

I know my DHEA is (was?) in the lower side. Every Espresso and also eg. Tyrosine has “kicked” me harder ;-)

T

TheBeard

Insufficient NAD and retinol/retinoic acid can render steroid supplementation ineffective.
Supplementing NAD precursors like niacin/niacinamide and retinyl palmitate for retinol/retinoic acid can make them work.

Can you please expend on this, I am very interested.
I tried googling it as well as searching on NCBI, I couldn't find any interactions between NAD and steroid effectiveness.

Thank you

shine

Can you please expend on this, I am very interested.
I tried googling it as well as searching on NCBI, I couldn't find any interactions between NAD and steroid effectiveness.

Thank you

Overview of Steroidogenic Enzymes in the Pathway from Cholesterol to Active Steroid Hormones

Take a look at this study. Almost all of the enzymatic conversions of steroids use NAD in some form, e.g. NAD+, NADH, NADPH..

Human 3βHSD I and II and mouse 3βHSD I and VI catalyze the conversion of the Δ5-3β-hydroxysteroids, pregnenolone, 17α-hydroxypregnenolone, and DHEA to the Δ4-3-ketosteroids, progesterone, 17α-hydroxyprogesterone, and androstenedione, respectively. Two sequential reactions are involved in the conversion of the Δ5-3β-hydroxysteroid to a Δ4-3-ketosteroid. The first reaction is the dehydrogenation of the 3β-equatorial hydroxysteroid requiring the coenzyme NAD+ yielding a Δ5-3-keto intermediate and reduced NADH. The reduced coenzyme, NADH, then activates the isomerization of the Δ5-3-ketosteroid to yield the Δ4-3-ketosteroid (Fig. 9)

Also this post by haidut might interest you.
Recovering Steroidogenesis Inhibited By Alcohol And Drugs

T

TheBeard

Overview of Steroidogenic Enzymes in the Pathway from Cholesterol to Active Steroid Hormones

Take a look at this study. Almost all of the enzymatic conversions of steroids use NAD in some form, e.g. NAD+, NADH, NADPH..

Human 3βHSD I and II and mouse 3βHSD I and VI catalyze the conversion of the Δ5-3β-hydroxysteroids, pregnenolone, 17α-hydroxypregnenolone, and DHEA to the Δ4-3-ketosteroids, progesterone, 17α-hydroxyprogesterone, and androstenedione, respectively. Two sequential reactions are involved in the conversion of the Δ5-3β-hydroxysteroid to a Δ4-3-ketosteroid. The first reaction is the dehydrogenation of the 3β-equatorial hydroxysteroid requiring the coenzyme NAD+ yielding a Δ5-3-keto intermediate and reduced NADH. The reduced coenzyme, NADH, then activates the isomerization of the Δ5-3-ketosteroid to yield the Δ4-3-ketosteroid (Fig. 9)

Also this post by haidut might interest you.
Recovering Steroidogenesis Inhibited By Alcohol And Drugs

Oh I get what you mean now : NAD is involved in the hormonal cascade from cholesterol all the way down.

I thought you meant whatever levels of hormones we have isn't going to be as effective at doing its job if we are lacking NAD.
Like my 600ng/dl testosterone floating around isn't going to have that much of an effect without NAD.