50mg aspirin / day + coffee = higher metabolic rate

Congrats to @haidut for changing Dr. Mercola's mind on major issues. In a recent interview, Haidut said that 50mg of aspirin and some caffeine could boost metabolic rate quite a bit all day.

Has anyone tried this? Seems quite easy. I'm trying it.

Peatful

I’ve done this with my husband for about two years now

My intent was a thyroid surrogate

All i can objectively speak to is his lab work
His overall markers have gotten better

And subjectively
He tolerates it well
No gastric issues

Of course there are outliers

EvanHinkle

I do this, but with either a 325mg or 81mg tablet, (whatever I have on hand). I also add glycine to the coffee, (about 600mg-1/8 tsp) in case of any gastric issues potentially from the aspirin.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Congrats to @haidut for changing Dr. Mercola's mind on major issues. In a recent interview, Haidut said that 50mg of aspirin and some caffeine could boost metabolic rate quite a bit all day.

Has anyone tried this? Seems quite easy. I'm trying it.

Might have been a verbal "typo". The studies were with 50mg caffeine, by itself and with aspirin, and the combo worked better than either aspirin or caffeine alone, with caffeine also boosting aspirin absorption and prolonging its half-life (these effects of caffeine were also discussed in other threads on the forum in regard to combining steroids with caffeine).

Frankdee20

I never saw improvements from the combo, just extra hunger.

These days, Thiamine, Caffeine, Pansterone, Androsterone, Vitamin D seem to be helping me lose weight.

RealNeat

I do this, but with either a 325mg or 81mg tablet, (whatever I have on hand). I also add glycine to the coffee, (about 600mg-1/8 tsp) in case of any gastric issues potentially from the aspirin.
I would highly recommend ginger with aspirin if you are having gastric issues. It helps prevent some of prostaglandin issues in the stomach lining. Masterjohn recomnends 3gs glycine for every aspirin dose, probably for every 300 or so mgs.

Can you explain to me how aspirin improves the metabolic state if it blocks the production of ATP?

OP
ecstatichamster
Might have been a verbal "typo". The studies were with 50mg caffeine, by itself and with aspirin, and the combo worked better than either aspirin or caffeine alone, with caffeine also boosting aspirin absorption and prolonging its half-life (these effects of caffeine were also discussed in other threads on the forum in regard to combining steroids with caffeine).
thank you!

laleto12

Adding couple drops of clove oil (eugenol) to this combo might be a good idea to fight off lipofuscin.

EustaceBagge

Can you explain to me how aspirin improves the metabolic state if it blocks the production of ATP?
This is very interesting, is this true? I also got doubts for caffeine hearing it impairs DNA-repair, but of course the issue is how much and what the net effect is in the end.

Been taking 1g aspirin and coffee on and off and only sometimes I felt a boost in dopamine. It only works when you are already high dopamine iime. As everything ups dopamine you will become resistant to it at some point.

Nfinkelstein

Adding couple drops of clove oil (eugenol) to this combo might be a good idea to fight off lipofuscin.
It should, although when I combined the two and applied them topically I believe I straightway developed symptoms characteristic of androgen overload. I'd really be interested if someone else were to try this. Haidut started a thread here on aspirin/eugenol Aspirin / eugenol can remove lipofuscin from cells

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals