4g of aspirin per day made me go into a stuffed nose, bronchospasm and asthma.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Exactly, and famotidine is also an effective CA inhibitor by the way. You may also want to look into testing for an H. Pylori infection. You can request a test from you PCP, and it shouldn't be more than $70, depending on your insurance. A course of clarithromycin and amoxicillin paired with either famotidine or a PPI is the standard treatment for H. Pylori.

I cleared H. Pylori years ago (confirmed with before and after stool tests) so a re-infection is unlikely I think?

Chad_Catholic

I cleared H. Pylori years ago (confirmed with before and after stool tests) so a re-infection is unlikely I think?
I see. Do you think it could be residual damage from the infection, making you prone to gut irritation? Another possibility is that aspirin inhibits suicide enzymes which are involved in thiamine biosynthesis. In any case, I think the thiamine and famotidine will help. If it's serious, retesting for H. Pylori couldn't hurt, if it's in your budget.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

I see. Do you think it could be residual damage from the infection, making you prone to gut irritation? Another possibility is that aspirin inhibits suicide enzymes which are involved in thiamine biosynthesis. In any case, I think the thiamine and famotidine will help. If it's serious, retesting for H. Pylori couldn't hurt, if it's in your budget.

I have the updated version of Energin with prosultiamine which I can use occasionally and see if it helps.

I'll try famotidine if the wheezing doesn't fade away. Right now I'm doing ok except for the mild wheezing. Famotidine's nitric oxide scavenging properties could be helpful in this case. The shortness of breath gets worse at night which apparently has to do with increased melatonin. I'm sleeping in prone position which is very useful to continue breathing normally through the nose at night.

Chad_Catholic

I have the updated version of Energin with prosultiamine which I can use occasionally and see if it helps.

I'll try famotidine if the wheezing doesn't fade away. Right now I'm doing ok except for the mild wheezing. Famotidine's nitric oxide scavenging properties could be helpful in this case. The shortness of breath gets worse at night which apparently has to do with increased melatonin. I'm sleeping in prone position which is very useful to continue breathing normally through the nose at night.
I hope you find relief. Have you tried bag breathing for some short-term relief? Let me know when or if the issue is resolved.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Yes. Bag breathing is always useful although if I'm being honest it wasn't the thing that saved me during the bad episodes I had this week.

Thanks for all the comments.