45yrs Old And Needing More Light To See And Can't See Well At Night

Sumbody

Subject says it all. any suggestions?

I had this issue once due to a period of excessive alcohol intake.

I took something like 25-50,000 UI of Vitamin A for about 2 to 3 weeks and totally resolved the issue. This worked for me, can't speak for others.

The form of A I took was a combination of beta carotine and retinyl palmitate.

Some around here would advise against that, but it resolved that issue for me, as I was also experiencing dry eyes and some type of discharge that would float around and affect my vision until blinked away.

shine

You could support your local small business owner and buy from Haidut.
Retinil on www.idealabsdc.com is a high quality product that even lets you choose the vitamin form.
Don't waste time and order now!

mrchibbs

You could support your local small business owner and buy from Haidut.
Retinil on www.idealabsdc.com is a high quality product that even lets you choose the vitamin form.
Don't waste time and order now!

+∞

Idealabs is the way to go.

I would use a different approach altogether though.

I'd make liver pate from good beef liver and eat small amounts of it (with sourdough bread) as a snack daily. Liver has vitamin A, but also riboflavin and a host of great nutrients.

And I'd order TocoVit from Idealabs. It's vitamin E and it has a synergistic effect with vitamin A (prevents its oxidation)

Sumbody

Thank you!
Interesting. Do you remember the specific brand?

It was Solaray brand Dry A.

But as others have said the IdeaLabs form of Vitamin A is very good. And eating beef liver is always good too.

Typically, night blindness can be due to a dificiency of Vitamin A. So taking in large doses at first to correct that may be necessary until repleted.

mrchibbs

Do you have a good recipe?

I improvise everytime.

But basically; (coconut oil and/or butter as cooking oil)

1) Fry some onions in a pan until they're golden brown, add a sprinkle of flour and deglaze with wine/cognac or whatever (whisky works), set aside.
2) Add the liver (pre-soaked in milk if you want milder taste) cut in small pieces and sauté it until it's golden brown as well, but not rubbery and overcooked. Be generous with the salt and pepper here. Worcestshire sauce adds a little extra here. Make sure to use a lot of coconut oil. Liver needs extra fat.
3) Throw both the liver and onions into a blender, add good cream, fresh herbs like chives, parsley, and blend until a good creamy consistency is achieved (i.e. not too liquid).
4) Pour contents into glass containers (I make enough for 3 small glass containers, and I freeze 2, keeping one for the current week).

sweetpeat

I improvise everytime.

But basically; (coconut oil and/or butter as cooking oil)

1) Fry some onions in a pan until they're golden brown, add a sprinkle of flour and deglaze with wine/cognac or whatever (whisky works), set aside.
2) Add the liver (pre-soaked in milk if you want milder taste) cut in small pieces and sauté it until it's golden brown as well, but not rubbery and overcooked. Be generous with the salt and pepper here. Worcestshire sauce adds a little extra here. Make sure to use a lot of coconut oil. Liver needs extra fat.
3) Throw both the liver and onions into a blender, add good cream, fresh herbs like chives, parsley, and blend until a good creamy consistency is achieved (i.e. not too liquid).
4) Pour contents into glass containers (I make enough for 3 small glass containers, and I freeze 2, keeping one for the current week).
This sounds tasty! I've never had pate but would like to try some. Thanks for sharing.

mrchibbs

This sounds tasty! I've never had pate but would like to try some. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah and I should add, leave it in the fridge for 3-4 hours before consuming so it hardens a little! It's really delicious with some fried tortillas like Danny Roddy did or some sourdough bread.

JohnHafterson

any therapeutic dosage recommendations?
I take anywhere from 1-5 grams depending on the day but am using it for diabetes, cardiovascular, and other things.

It's a very important substance for many visual issues and is well documented in the litterature for the eyes: retinopathy, retinitis pigmentosa, visual acuity, etc.

You may not need much 1-1.5 grams a day will address a lot of issues make sure rest of diet is nutrient/mineral/vitamin rich.

Eyes seem to fade a little mid 40's in my experience. I've got a number of friends and met others I've who experience similar eye issues same age.

They begin to a tough time reading menus at dinner as one example.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'd make liver pate from good beef liver and eat small amounts of it (with sourdough bread) as a snack daily. Liver has vitamin A, but also riboflavin and a host of great nutrients.
You should try chicken liver on sourdough. Amazing.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Subject says it all. any suggestions?
Night blindness is a common sign of low vitamin A. But as others said, it's best to get your vit A from natural sources, such as liver.
For poor vision in general, acetyl-L-carnosine eye drops works amazingly.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Is there any specific product you like?
There are a few on amazon, but I just got acetyl-L-carnosine from bulksupplements and add it to another eyedrop product. Easy and much much cheaper.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals