400mg magnesium glycinate is too much

ReSTART

I took 400mg for a few days and started feeling nervous and tired. Most supplements are 400mg

Beastmode

I took 400mg for a few days and started feeling nervous and tired. Most supplements are 400mg
Depending on where you are in your journey. If you're experiencing this, listen to your body and either adjust or stop taking it.

If you're taking it all at once, it might be a bit much.
If you're not doing the other foundational things (i.e- removing the things that are not conducive for your system,) taking Mg might be too soon or unnecessary.
Anecdotal, but I know of people who don't get enough salt tend to react more "negatively" to Mg supplementation.

A few considerations that I hope will serve you.

Smitty

As beastmode said, it’s important to balance all your electrolytes. Magnesium will deplete sodium so be sure to salt your foods adequately. For me as well, 400mg is too much right now and results in a bounding/strong evening heart rate. Spreading to 50mg throughout the day for a total of 200mg works for me.

invictus

I have treatment resistant bipolar illness. The only drug the worked 30 years ago was Nimitop, a calcium channel blocker...until I developed pains in the chest. I relapsed in 2004 and have been trying everything I can try in order to stabilize my sleep and mood. I'd been using magnesium carbonate(the only form I tolerate), orally, with calcium carbonate for several years. Didn't seem to make much difference. A week ago I began taking magnesium sublingually. My first dose was 500 mg. Within a couple of hours, seriously chill. A calmness I hadn't experienced since being on a CCB. BP dropped, significantly, fasting blood glucose went to normal(below 100) and even experienced some erectile function.

Ultimately 500 2X daily was too much. Low BP and headaches. Tried 250 2X daily, but not as good. 300 2X daily was better. Now doing 300 3X per day. Sublingual works for me. Also currently taking 240 mcg of levothyroxine at night for sleep(self-medicating). See the work of Dr. Peter Whybrow and Dr. Michael Bauer using high dose T4 for bipolar illness.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals